inexpensive and effective way of finishing the ceiling in the attic is plasterboard.Its installation is easy to perform with his own hands, without the help of professionals.
Plates of plasterboard can be used in living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, lofts.
conditions for their installation is the right choice of plates:
- order that the material was not afraid of the water, had a high resistance to moisture it is impregnated with a hydrophobic substance .To distinguish it can labeling, it is green.
- Another group of plates of plasterboard - refractory.It differs containing glass fiber reinforced mesh or additive from the same material.
This design can keep from breaking the plate for several hours at a fire, and truss system remains intact.These boards are marked in red.
- particularly resistant to mechanical damage different gypsum boards, which combine water-repellent and fire-resistant characteristics.
- order to comply with silence in the attic are the acoustic slab of drywall.For soundproofing in the attic ceilings made of drywall or other material that is smooth or perforated or fine textured surface (sm.Shumoizolyatsionnye material for the ceiling - make a choice).
latter type is applied to a large monotonous appearance became more expressive, for finishing slope of the roof from the inside, homogeneous surfaces.
Stucco attic plasterboard
plasterboard ceiling in the attic (sm.Delaem plasterboard with their hands) is an inexpensive and effective way to prepare the surface for further processing.
materials for mounting devices
You will need:
- sheets GCR having moisture resistance.
- Profiles of metal and wood.
- mineral wool.
- For fixing screws.
- putty for finishing.
- reinforced tape.
drywall ceiling on wooden crate
attic sheathing can be one of two ways:
- The first way is to isolate and lining the entire inner surface.In this case, you can use the remote sites, located between the floor and the bottom of the ramp, hold niches cabinets, pantry.
- The second method involves the fence wall of the room.Sheets of drywall are attached to a frame made of metal or wood (sm.Karkas ceiling plasterboard - all the little things or little things do not happen.).
The photo shows a wooden crate in the attic ceiling.
- PEEK performed wooden crate.At a certain distance, they are fastened with screws across the rafters.
cross section rails depends on the distance between the rafters and the thickness of the drywall.If the step rafters hundred centimeters in a single layer cladding cross-section rails must take 60x40 millimeters.
- with dowels crate attached to the gable and drywall boards are attached to the frame with screws, which move 25 centimeters.
- When you finish the installation of the second embodiment of the side walls begins with the installation of the guide rail 60x40 millimeters.Between rafters and rack mounted rack, then step forty centimeters across it installed rails, they will be the basis for the lining.
Tip: To improve the durability and protection from fire crate better pre-treated with antiseptic substance.
drywall on the ceiling metal lath
attic ceiling of plasterboard can be mounted on a frame made of metal .In most cases it is used for building having a large area.
provides this design a high resistance and fire resistance of all the frame.Step rafters should be no more than a hundred centimeters.
Instruction execution of works:
- Initially attached to the rafters hangers and brackets.
- perpendicular to them at a predetermined pitch bolted profiles.Step is selected depending on the thickness of the drywall.
For example, when the sheet thickness of 12.5 millimeters, he will be 50 centimeters.
- sheets are screwed with screws, which move up to twenty centimeters .
- plasterboard It is placed in the attic from the bottom, the next row starts with a sheet, which remained from the previous one.
Tip: To protect the drywall from the formation of rust, screws need to buy stainless steel.
Finishing the ceiling
Dormer plasterboard ceilings are finished similar to other designs:
- initially closed up the seams between the sheets.To do this, the surface is checked for possible defects.It can be:
- loose joints;
- fastener elements protruding from the sheet;
- dents, bulges and holes.
- If so, it is first necessary to perform putty all the flaws.The sequence of work consists of two stages:
- primed surface;
- Butt joints smeared with pre-installation of reinforcement tape.
- obscure location of the screws.
Tip: jointing and screw heads can perform any kind of putty.
- Next attic ceiling of plasterboard can decorate any way: paint, wallpaper paste, sheathe clapboard.
- Anyone who wants to see the entire process of finishing the ceiling can take advantage of the video.
Benefits plasterboard ceiling in the attic:
- small thickness does not reduce the effective area of the attic.
- Affordable price lets you perform a ceiling for everyone.
- installation process is comparatively time-consuming, and finishing any material expands the design structure.
If you do the job according to the instructions and recommendations, while construction will serve you for a long time.