At the current stage of construction and repair technologies began to appear more and more new materials that are used quite extensively for ceiling coverings.I was no exception and drywall, which by its practicality is considered a universal finishing material.
It is widely used for surfacing and in some cases it is necessary plastering of the ceiling plasterboard.But in spite of this he made a variety of simple and complex ceiling structures.
process of finishing the ceiling plasterboard
Before determining how to plaster plasterboard, it is necessary to understand its structure.What is drywall?It
sheets of cardboard, which is placed between the gypsum slurry.By itself, the finishing material is strong and durable, but still need to deal with it very carefully, because the gypsum slurry is quite fragile.
characteristics and advantages of plasterboard:
- plasterboard is very easy to operate.
- Its pretty easy to cut and it uses ordinary stationery knife.
- Drywall comes in sheets that have a variety of sizes.
- Mounted this material in a special metal profile frame with screws.
As constructed ceiling structures, which can be single-level or multi-level:
- pre-attached to the surface of the ceiling metal frame (sm.Karkas ceiling plasterboard - all the little things or little things do not happen.).It is already mounted sheets of drywall.
- Typically, in the manufacture of gypsum board ceiling structures of a special type of finishing material - ceiling.He of all existing species (wall and arch) is distinguished by its thickness.
But all kinds of substantially similar in its technical characteristics.
- There are two types of drywall: water-resistant and flame-retardant.
Council.For the construction of the ceiling drywall is best to use this type of gypsum board, which is moisture-resistant and fire-resistant.
Preparatory work on plastering the ceiling plasterboard
gypsum plaster ceiling implies quality and proper surface preparation.Pre-estimated the entire ceiling.
If he simply smoothly, the preparatory work will have no problems.If it is a rather complex ceiling structure, then there may be some difficulties.
- To plastering the ceiling of the room will need to move all the furniture, even if it was not removed.All this is necessary for the reason that the entire process works will be carried out at the top and it is possible that some elements of the plaster would crumble down.
- also worth carefully handle all joints sheet finishing material.But these actions are carried out only if the plaster will not be too tight.
need for such a process:
- plaster or putty.
- small spatula.
Attention!It is necessary to pay special attention not only on the joints of sheets, but also on the cap screws.They also can be closed during a complete plaster ceiling.To
plastering joints in the ceiling of plasterboard were less visible it is to glue them to a special ribbon.
Apply plaster or putty to the joints must be crosswise.The only way to completely fill the space that is formed between the sheets.
Selecting a tool for plastering and ceiling plasterboard
Plastering of plasterboard ceiling is not too complicated.
it can carry out their own hands.To do this, just need to choose the right quality material.
to the ceiling will need to purchase two types of plaster:
- plaster is starting to level surfaces and to hide various defects on any surface.
- Finishing plaster suitable to mask the defects of the starting layer of plaster.It will already be inked.
Council.It is not necessary to replace these two types of plaster.Each of them carries out its functions.
Typically, these materials are sold in stores in particulate form.Their packaging is a special instruction.
According to this powder is added to a certain amount of liquid.The solution is mixed thoroughly until smooth (the consistency of thick cream).
tools and start work
At the moment, there is a very large selection of plaster.The price of each brand can largely differ.
Before you give preference to any manufacturer should consult beforehand with the repairman, who can advise what kind to buy plaster.
plaster ceiling plasterboard will need:
- Two spatula (large and small).
- bucket large volume.
- drill with a paddle for mixing solution.
- Home plaster.
- Finishing plaster.
- primer (acrylic).
- tape sizing joints sheets of drywall.
- grid with large and small cells.
Where to start?Before plaster plasterboard sheets all joints finishing material on the ceiling surface pasted special mantle.So
- For large fluctuations sheets used nets with large mesh.For smaller drops and not too noticeable seams apply mesh with small cells.
- Attaches a material to a pre-applied layer of plaster.You can also use construction adhesive, but mounted on the surface of the mesh will be much harder.
- Then the ceiling surface with a paint brush is treated with primer (sm.Gruntovka ceiling - a useful necessity).It is necessary to wait until the full absorption of funds.
It will help increase the viscosity of the surface of the drywall with a layer of plaster.Only then it can be fixed on it qualitatively.
- After such preparatory work necessary to knead solution stucco home.For this poured into a bucket filled with the particulate mixture and the necessary quantity of water.
Council.To carry out such actions must be gradual.If the mixture is poured directly into a certain amount of liquid, it may take its lumps and place quality will be quite difficult.
- All thoroughly mixed to a consistency that the solution could well hold onto spatula.Once the solution is ready, you need to give him a little brew.
This period of time will take a few minutes.Then the solution was again stirred and then it can be used already.
- Little staple dialed certain amount of plaster and applied to large trowel strokes so that the surface of the latter has been completely filled.
- After that a large spatula strokes made on the ceiling surface.No need to try to completely gone from the surface of the whole plaster spatula.Apply
need to smoothly and efficiently.
- Excess plaster is removed with a large spatula using small.It is necessary to maintain a large spatula on the ceiling level so there was no mounds.
They will then be very difficult to remove.
- Thus processed the entire ceiling of plasterboard.It is necessary to apply the solution evenly.
- If in the process will already be too noticeable roughness after drawing the starting layer, they must be a layer of plaster is finally dried to remove.If this could not be implemented, it will have to wait for the complete drying of the first layer and then with a second try to align the ceiling.
- applied starting small plaster layers.This will ensure its rapid drying.
Typically, such work must be applied several layers - 3-4 layers.Once the plaster on the ceiling has dried you can start grinding (sm.Shlifovka ceiling doing it right).
- It uses sandpaper.She has a diverse views, but it is necessary to give preference to the larger, as a starting layer of plaster is considered quite rude.
The surface must be completely passed sandpaper.Places where there are visible irregularities it can help to align.
To do this is to apply a little more physical strength.
Council.Typically, after such work is always a lot of dust.It is deposited not only on the ceiling, but also on other surfaces in the room.
To get rid of it before applying the finishing plaster you must use a regular vacuum cleaner or a damp cloth.
Once the surface of the ceiling plaster is processed from the start and it removed all the dust you can proceed to the application of topcoat.
order of finish:
- For this finishing plaster is taken and dissolved in a bucket of water.To do this, you must also comply with the proportions adding liquid, which were listed on the package.
All thoroughly mixed.
- is also necessary to use two spatula - small and large.The process of its application is very similar to applying stucco home.
All actions are carried out smoothly and evenly.Apply finish plaster must also be multiple layers.They
thinner than the substrate seed layer.
- Each layer must be dry before applying the pre-future.Once the layers of plaster finish is completely dry it is necessary to process them with sandpaper.
used for this paper, which has a smaller cell.The video shows an example of plastering the ceiling surface of the drywall.
As plaster plasterboard?Quite simply.
necessary to comply with all the advice of experienced craftsmen in the field that the process was not only qualitatively but also fast.In the photo you can see plasterboard ceilings, which have been treated with plaster.