stretched canvas - this is probably the most convenient and fastest version of the upgrade of the ceiling, as well as a good tool for the implementation of design ideas in the interior.Moreover, it is possible not just pull it on the same level, but also to give the ceiling a certain form, make the design in several levels, combining them in different textures and colors of the ceiling of the film or fabric.
Many people wonder: is it possible to install it yourself?For those given by this issue, this article will be given instructions for tension ceilings.But to decide whether you can do it yourself - you have to.
What you need to know about stretch ceilings
Before you place an order and pay for a tension ceiling, you need to decide on the design and color of his paintings.But above all, it is necessary to make measurements.
Regardless of the configuration of the ceiling, you need to make a sketch, which wi
First of all, the length, width and diagonal ceiling.You need to measure each side separately, without relying on the fact that if the room is rectangular, this rectangle has the perfect geometrical dimensions.
Accordingly, you should check and corners.If there are protrusions or niche;Lots, propped pillars - they just need to carefully Gaugeable.
- On the sketch necessarily denote a point of passage and communication pipes and their diameter.It is also necessary to specify the location of any equipment that will be installed on the ceiling.
It is not only lighting and curtains under the eaves, and a ceiling projector, an infrared heater, holder television panel - under which the performer must make inserts.
- If the ceiling is curved, the shape of the boundary levels should also be applied to the drawing.The most accurate data provides a device called a "laser rangefinder" - they are all professionals.Inaccurate measurements often leads to direct losses - web may be completely unsuitable for the installation, and the price ceiling, respectively, double.
- To avoid conflicts, it is better to entrust the matter gager.In any case, the company that produced the measurements of cutting its specialist bears responsibility for this.
And of course, after measuring, no constructive work in the environment must not be made.Lack of coordination between the different professionals working in the same place, is costly to the customer.
- particularly careful measurements should be made in the case where the installation of the web is carried harpoon way.In this case, the film is welded around the perimeter of mounting a zigzag, which cling to a baguette.
leaf cut out without reserve, and must exactly follow the contours of the ceiling - this is the difference between this method to other mounting options.
- other methods of installation: cam, shtapikovy, wedge - such precise measurements do not require.Cloth tailor with good margin, which is cut after filling in a baguette.This is very handy when installing layered and curved ceilings.
certain complexity is measured ceiling of complex configuration, having not only the corners, but rounded segments.Then the straight and curved sections are measured separately, with the application of the grid.With a laser rangefinder - it is a matter of minutes.
choosing design option tension ceiling, keep in mind that the web weighs on average 240g / m2.Accordingly, the larger area of the ceiling, the greater is its weight.Under his weight, the film may be elementary to sag.
It largely depends on its quality: some options sag from 50m2, the other - is from 20m2 ceiling area:
- Therefore, having a large room is better not to take risks, and to establish a combined structure where the ceiling cloth is not fixed to the wall, and plasterboard box as shown in the image at the outset.
- In order to reduce the large area of the ceiling, it may be across a broad set the jumper or pull the film in a niche brand ceiling.This is not only practical, but also very nice, what you can see in the above example.
- process of cutting fabric depends on its quality.If it is a large area of PVC film, tailor it to decrease by 20% because it is quite stretched.The vinyl sheet is also reduced, but not as much - just 10%.Ceiling tissue does not stretch at all, and tailor it exactly the contour of the ceiling, plus a small margin.The method of installation is also important, and it has been said above.
Next we'll talk about the technology installation.You will also be invited to a video on the topic: "Ceilings: installation instructions."
How to prepare the base
many customers misleading advertising, which states that the installation of a stretch ceiling does not require any preparation of the ground.If the word "preparation" means a leveling of the surface, then it is so.But the process of preparation involves more process steps.So
- Their list depends in what room will stretch the canvas. Moreover, it is necessary to prepare not only overlap, but the walls, because it is fixed to them trim molding.Among the requests of our readers to express their problems often appear questions about stretch ceilings.
- Basically, readers complain about sagging paintings and drafts, walking in the ceiling space.We just have to state the fact that all of them are related to poor-quality training facilities in general.Well, we hope that our installation instructions: "Stretch ceilings" - will help you avoid embarrassing mistakes.
This is what, above all, need to pay attention in the preparation of the room in which will be installed suspended ceiling:
|stage of preparatory work||What problems can arise if they ignore|
|1.sealing of joints between slabs of modified cement paste||Transverse joints contribute to the emergence of drafts in the ceiling space, as well as, the penetration of water.|
|2.Udalenie old plaster from the ceiling||Cluster fragments of crumbling plaster pulls the canvas, as a result, on the surface appear unsightly bulges.|
|3.Kachestvennoe alignment walls||baguettes strapped to the old layer of plaster on the wall may depart, and poor quality contributes to sagging mounting tension ceiling.|
|4. To install the stretch ceiling in the attic or in a house without an attic, it is necessary that the roof has been carefully sealed.Waterproofing and insulation must be made not only outside but also inside.||Poor sealing roof immerses you in the ceiling space of cold air.And this draft, and sagging.|
|5. The ceiling is a large area to reduce a little better, setting pre-basic design of the drywall.||too large canvas may sag under their own weight.|
If all that what is said in the table, will be taken into account, no problems with the stretch ceiling you will not.Provided, of course, that it promoted the installation without errors.
By type of material the ceilings are divided into: foil and fabric.The technology of their installation, there is one, but a very significant difference.
To pull the vinyl or polyvinyl chloride film, it must be preheated, which uses a heat gun with a gas balloon:
- not think that wanting to pull the film on their own, someone will buy this equipment.In addition, to work with them need to undergo special training - non-observance of elementary safety precautions can result in tragedy.
It is better not to try to save, and outsource it to specialists.Without their participation, you can just pull the fabric ceiling, since it does not require heating.
- Naturally, you will need to run a certain set of tools.This level;a cord;if there is no rangefinder, the roulette;hammer with screwdrivers, and a special spatula to canvas.
marking a profile and installing a ceiling
If the fabric is pulled in one level, the whole layout is to determine the level of indentation, and applied to the wall line that will be installedstarter profile.
This value depends on the height of the room, and the size of equipment embedded in the ceiling:
- only when mounted spotlights, the indent in the 10-12 cm is quite enough.In conventional lighting, the indentation will be minimal - 5 cm. If the base surface have differences in height, the distance is measured from the lowest point.
- line is applied to the wall using a cord, and then along it is mounted prints.It can be made of PVC or aluminum, the profile depends on the ceiling construction.Brackets are made at a distance of 30-40 cm, dowels.
- If one person works, the first nasverlivayutsya fastener holes in the profile, and then attach it to the wall, outlined the point of drilling.Together it is more convenient to work: one applies a baguette to the line and holds it until the second person, he is drilling right through the wall.
- Next, set inserts under the lamps, ceiling cornices and any other equipment that will be mounted on the ceiling.They are cut from plywood or wood-polymer plates, and attached to the ceiling on hangers.
- When installing the ceiling membrane, placing pre-heated to 50 deg., And deploy web.Then, to the base corner of the clothespin fix one end of the film, and then the opposite - after which heating is continued, and the temperature rises to 80 degrees.
- attaching the film from four sides, it can be refilled in a baguette with a spatula, starting with those places where the welds.Once the web is on its rightful place, set inlays or ceiling moldings.
In those places where there are lights, the contour of inserts glued protective plastic ring, and then cut holes in them.
- advantage of fabric ceiling is the fact that they do not need to heat.But this installation does not start with the corners and from the middle of the wall, and preferably with a short.Throughout its length, 30-40 cm carry temporary fastening clips, and then, start charging web prints.
- Angles are filled last, after Make sure the cloth is no wrinkles and folds.When they occur, the cloth just a little warming up the usual hairdryer, after which it straightens.It remains to trim excess tissue and put decorative beadings or moldings.
As for care, the instruction manual of suspended ceilings on the internet there is always.In it you can gain information on the use of available tools, as well as the composition, specifically designed for the care of the roof fabric and PVC film, which can be found in stores selling household cleaning products.