not only repair and decoration of the house plays an important role.There are plenty of decorative elements that help create comfort in the room.
One of them is a cornice, but the popularity of today began to use plastic ceiling cornices.The photo shows an example of such a decorative and functional element of the room.
characteristics and advantages of the plastic ceiling cornices
Today plastic ceiling cornices are separated only by the number fixed to the curtains.They have a variety of colors.
Generally, curtain rods have a few color schemes:
As the number of used curtains:
- double row.
- Triple row.Four-
bearings rails designed for mounting a series of curtains, double row - two rows of curtains, three-row - three rows of curtains, four-row - four rows of curtains.
Council.To decorate the room, which involves several types of curtains (two kinds of transparent curtains and some heavy curtains), it is
bearings are considered more decorative and more functional are double row cornices.Four-are bracing for more heavy and massive curtains, they are the most robust and reliable.
ceiling plastic cornices and can be divided according to the type of material from which they are made.There are aluminum (aluminum sm.Vybiraem ceiling cornices) and plastic moldings.
advantages of plastic moldings
Plastic ceiling cornices have a number of advantages.
- They hide in the ceiling, which allows not to spoil the design of the room, which is not the wall ledges.
- price for this ledge is quite affordable.
- This type of cornice is able to withstand various temperature conditions, and is resistant to damp environment.
- This is why you can mount the cornice on the balcony, loggia and in those areas where there is high humidity.
- Do not forget that the plastic moldings are made only from environmentally friendly materials that do not burn, and can only melt and in the process do not emit any harmful substances.
- most important thing - a plastic curtain rod is very easy to clean.He is not able to absorb a variety of dirt and odors.
to clean it is sufficient to use a damp cloth.
- Fasten moldings as to the ceiling and the top of the wall, which is located above the window opening.
Attention!It's worth noting that all in the choice of the plastic ceiling cornice depend on the coverage of the ceiling.For suspended ceilings use one type of cornices, and for hanging - another.
- calculated such ledges on different weight curtains.Plastic is so durable that can withstand even heavy loads up to 100 kg.
- Plastic ceiling cornices can be mounted both horizontally and vertically.
- With their help visually raised ceiling rooms, as they are fixed at the maximum point.
eaves of this type are capable of taking any form curved wall or ceiling.Hooks that are used to secure the curtains in the wash, you can not shoot.
But this applies only to standard hooks that are attached.
design plastic ceiling cornices
cornices ceiling plastic is a solid construction of durable plastic profile.In its lower part slotted rails for mounting hooks.
In the upper part there are mounting holes by which the ledge is mounted on the ceiling.
There are also additional elements:
- Hooks for mounting blinds and curtains.
- plugs and stopper.
- Mounting brackets.
- rotary member.
consider additional elements more:
- plugs and stopper help restrict the movement of curtains.With the help of a plastic curtain rod mountings mounted on the ceiling surface.
They may be visible (if the ledge is mounted on a surface), and can be invisible, which are mounted under the ceiling surface.The rotary member 45 and 90 degrees, which allow you to set the rotary plastic moldings.
- There are also decorative elements in the form of blends, and rails.They are mounted on the front part of the eaves.
length of the eaves can reach 6 meters, which takes any form (direct and rotary).
worth noting that in addition to the basic elements of decorative plastic moldings can be equipped with additional plates and plastic of different colors:
- silver and so on.
There is even an imitation of wood.That is, to use a plastic ceiling cornice for curtains can be any design space.
Where can I use plastic ceiling cornices
No specific set of rules that made use of plastic moldings.
They look very good in any living space:
- balcony or loggia and so on.
Quite often were used cornices, ceiling made of plastic in the offices where they perform only the role of decoration.
Council.Before selecting the plastic ceiling cornices need to decide what kind of curtains will hang on him, as this will depend on the desired strength of the functional and decorative element in the room.
Installation of plastic ceiling cornices
plastic ceiling cornices are not a complicated construction, but assembly work is easy.Sold in standard packages in which there are instructions for assembly and installation.
Council.In order not to compromise the integrity of the cornice, and visual appeal, it must be mounted on a flat surface.
To install the plastic ceiling cornices need to initially build it.This should be done before the implementation of its fastening.
The package has special elements:
- side stub.
- Cups made of plastic.
- difficult to process do not, so you can attach the cornice ceiling with his hands rather quickly.Depending on the number of rows is to be divided equally cornice plurality of hooks for attaching curtains to each row and insert them into the grooves.
- After that, on the one hand attached plugs that will not let slip the hooks from the eaves.
Council.To cap has been secured, you can put it on the glue.
- If over time the need arises to replace existing hooks for curtains, they have the opportunity to replace without removing the plugs.
They are quite simply are turned into the groove of the cornice and removed.The same action is done, and when removing the curtains from the eaves, as you can even wash them with hooks.
markup ceiling surface
Cornice plastic ceiling installation begins with the layout of the surface.
You will need:
- On the surface level is drawn using the assembly line of the cornice.
- After that it applied the cornice, which already have holes for mounting.Their a pencil must be transferred to the surface (to put them through a point on the ceiling).
Council.Such action is not necessary to carry out the same as in the process of setting marks plastic eaves can budge and in the end will not entirely smooth its installation.
will attract better partner.One will firmly hold the cornice, and the second - mark it.
Setting attachment is largely dependent on the quality of the surface.If the installation of plastic eaves on the concrete surface need anchors, the drywall will need to use the plastic fasteners.
Stages of work:
- on the concrete surface of the exposed labels initially drilled holes using a drill or punch.
- They are driven anchors that have a long leg.It's worth noting that such attachment consist of two parts.
- One piece with a hammer driven into the drilled hole (plug) and it has screwed a second (anchor).
Council.Plasterboard ceiling to carry out such actions is not recommended, as he can under the weight of the cornice curtains hung for a few minutes.
With a view of the ceiling cornice installation technology is radically different.
You will need:
- Special standard fasteners.
- Screws with broad hats.
Council.To fix the cornice on the surface is necessary that the size of the caps screws across the opening at the eaves.
- The standard set for the installation of plastic eaves there are screws, which in its design reminiscent of dowels.They also have a plug and screw, but they can be screwed with special forceps.
If they do not, you can use a hammer and a screwdriver.
- also set for the cornice there is a special plug in which it will be necessary to close the seat anchorages.The video shows the whole process of installation of the plastic ceiling cornices, starting with the assembly and finishing the plugs.
It is no big deal and cope with these actions everyone can.
It's worth noting that the plastic ceiling cornices are usually hidden.It is especially important to consider if the plasterboard.
Since the material is mounted on a special frame profile, selecting the cornice is necessary to take into account its size (if the ceiling has multiple tiers).The installation of the cornice on the ceiling suspended ceiling mount all mounted at the top of the wall above the window opening.