Drywall is one of those versatile building material that can be used constructively, and for interior decoration.On our site it is written about him a lot, but the readers' interest in the topic does not weaken.
most exciting question for many of you: "How to make a ceiling of gypsum plasterboard with their hands?".We'll tell you about it, will offer video on the topic, as well as to supplement the information a few ideas ceiling design.
GCR in finishing ceilings
sheets of drywall, otherwise known as drywall, in its simplest form is used for surfacing.Alignment, in turn, is performed in two ways: stitch and the adhesive.So
- podshivnoy giprochny ceiling is performed with the use of sheets with a minimum thickness of 9.5 mm.There are, of course, thinner sheets (6 mm), they are reinforced with fiberglass, and are classified as "designer GCR."
- The horizontal ceiling, a sheet will sag, so the binder used, nevertheless, thicker drywall.
- reinforced sheets of drywall have incredible flexibility, even in a dry state, which allows you to perform the most complex configuration ceiling and wall designs, brick arches and domes.
- If you decide to align the ceiling adhesive way, you'd better take this kind of gypsum plasterboard.Its light weight facilitates installation because additional fasteners in the form of screws in this case, no.
fair to say that the way the adhesive gypsum plasterboard ceiling mounted quite rare.It is much easier to take a plaster tiles - get more and beautiful terrain.
Binder base slab is carried carcass way in one level.At the same time, as a material for sheathing the easiest way to take a wooden rail section 20 * 40 mm, which are mounted to the ceiling in increments of 60 cm.
- This step is standard podshivnoy and false ceilings as well as the size ofMost ceiling multiples of a given number of modules.And gypsum, with the parameters of 0.6 * 1.2 m, or 1.2 * 2.5 m, is no exception.
- Instead slats to create a lath can be used bars 40 * 40.Such a change makes sense, when you need a little bit more free ceiling void.
For example, for the installation of insulation, or recessed luminaires.
- This does not mean that the carcass suspended ceiling can not be used metal profiles.You can only its price is more expensive cost of rail.If it does not bother you - please.
- in overhead structures used for mounting the frame only metal profile, as by performing incisions, it can be given any shape: curved, round.
- It is not required to do when filing the same level in the room of regular geometric shape.So you choose what material to use for the sheathing.
- suspended ceiling concept differs from the concept of the suspended structure that in the first case the decorative surface is as close to the base ceiling - they are separated by only the thickness of the frame members.
- Ceiling minimal padding is 10-12 cm. Otherwise, the installation of lath and gypsum plasterboard, as well as its finishing time performed identically.
Of course, when the curvilinear designs has its own nuances, but if you first decided to run their own installation gypsum plasterboard on the ceiling, to undertake complex construction should not be.Start with the fact that it is easier.
What you need to work
In any case, you will need to run the Assistant, as well as a specific set of tools.In addition to the gun and screwdriver, that is in almost every home, and need special devices designed specifically for working with plasterboard.So
- This two kinds of planers - edging and grinding;cutter or a special knife, needle roller.To cut a hole in the drywall figure, such as a lamp, usually used jigsaw, or attachment on a drill called the "crown."
- Professionals are also a special lift for plasterboard.After all, the minimum weight of a sheet of drywall is 9kg, and raising it above his head is not so easy.
- To work with profiles need metal shears and prosekatel.When it comes to the false ceiling, to ensure proper installation frame using a builder's level and to perform marking - ink thread.
- finishing is done with a spatula, abrasive mesh, as well as the need brush, roller and a plastic tub.And yet, it has to be mixed with water, dry putty.For this you need a blender or a corresponding nozzle on the drill.From
- supplies you will need: dowels, screws, tape-serpyanka (paper or fiberglass), soil composition, putty, paint or wallpaper and glue them.As you can see, the list of rather big.
- If you decide to install an aluminum frame, you need to buy two types of profile: PP60h27 (UD) and the DPU 28h27 (CD).Dimensions of profiles from different manufacturers can vary, but only slightly.
When filing the ceiling direct hangers are not needed, and if it is suspended, then they will allow you to lower the level of decorative surface at any distance.Furthermore, for fixing the transverse profiles need connectors, popularly referred to as "crab".
mounting frame (sm.Karkas ceiling plasterboard - all the little things or little things do not happen.) Starts with finding the lowest point of the ceiling.This will be the zero mark, according to which you want to align with the lath belt filing the ceiling, or to postpone it by hanging indent spacing structure.So
- In line indent mounted trim profile.Drilling holes under it in advance is not necessary.Is applied to the horizontal line profile, and right through it, is boring, and then chuck dowel-nail.
- guide profile in the suspended ceiling mounted directly to the soffit.If you perform suspended ceilings of gypsum plasterboard, first mounted directly suspensions, and by him - PPN.
In the photo below you can see it clearly.Profile is attached to the suspension with short screws to press the puck.
- suspensions If not, you can do without them, making the uprights from scraps of the same profile.These bumpers are cut, folded and mounted to overlap.
strength of the compound does not yield a compound with the suspension.Just do not turn out to adjust the height of the rack if there are differences on the ceiling height, or you're a little mistaken in their cutting.
- supporting the guide profile on the shelf is made of wall profile.Standard length of the profiles is usually 3m.
And if the whole profile is not enough for the whole room, just cut off the right piece, and mounted on, increasing the required length.
- It is important that the gap between the ends was 1-2 mm.Otherwise, the thermal expansion of metal may play a cruel joke.
profiles, pushing each other, deformed, violating the integrity of the outboard surface.
- In the transverse direction, the profile is mounted with a pitch of 40 cm. Between a longitudinal and transverse profiles fixed with special connectors whose configuration can be different.It depends on the number of levels of the ceiling.
- After all elements of the framework installed, proceed to the cutting and fitting sheets.Of course, all the pre-cut sheets are not necessary, this is done consistently.Step
lath belts 40 and 60 cm allows you to mount two adjacent sheet on one profile.
- gypsum plasterboard sheets must be joined so that their ends form a groove - it will later be filled with putty.There GCR already prepared edges, but if they are equal, you have to use edging plane.
- Cut edges have to be on the ends raskroennyh sheets, cut on the spot.At first edge aligned stripping planer, and then performed a lateral cut.
During installation, the edge of the sheet must be positioned precisely along the grooves on the profile, as shown in the picture above.
- Cutting gypsum board in a straight line, no difficulty is not.Scheduled cutting line is applied to it a long metal line, along which the knife blade.In fact, he is only a cardboard sheath incision.
- The sheet refract, moving the cutting line, such as a table edge.After that, you will just have to make an incision on the other side of the cardboard.
Run Shape cutting in this way will fail.This requires either a cutter or jigsaw.
- Begin assembly with whole leaf, certainly opirajut it to the profile, and in the end of the series set the missing segment.In order for the ceiling surface cracks do not, each subsequent number of sheets to be mounted with a slight offset.
- Fix GCR screws L-25 mm, at a distance of 15-16 cm. It is important that the force with which the screw is screwed, it was correctly calculated.
He did not have to break the shell of cardboard, went into the thick core.If all this happened, the screw unscrew and, retreating 4-5 cm, make a new mount.
- After all the sheets installed, you need to putty the joints between them, as well as the site of attachment, which can be seen head screws.First, these places are treated with a primer and then, the transverse motion is applied putty spatula.
- shpaklyuyut joints in two passes.First, they are filled with a mixture of half-primed and then glued serpyanka.Then again, primed, and produce a final termination so that the tape was not visible.
- Each layer must be dry before, as will be dealt a new one.Ready seams are ground fine sandpaper.
Such preparation will be enough if the finishing time plasterboard ceiling wallpaper will be performed with good topography, pattern or color.
If the wallpaper thin, light, and without relief, the seams may be allocated under them.In this case, as in the case of paint, putty joints need not only to head and screws, but the entire area of the plasterboard.
Options ceilings of gypsum plasterboard
In the previous chapter, we described how to make plasterboard ceiling at the same level.It's time to tell and what the false ceiling of gypsum plasterboard can be created in your home or office.
Consider some of the most popular configurations, as well as options for finishing.Let's go from the simple interior ceiling - a more complex design.So
- Option hung ceiling should be selected based on the configuration and the height of the room.In a room with low ceilings are very well looked wide ledge formed along the perimeter of the room, with built-it spotlights.
first level of the ceiling is in deepening and visually increases the height of the room.
- In this case, the drywall can only be used to create a second level.The first level can serve as a base lined wet ceiling.
In this example, between the first and the second level has a clearance, which can accommodate and extra lighting.That it gives the impression hinged eaves.
- similar example is given us, and at the beginning of this article, but there is shown a more complex configuration of the room.But the distance between levels can be sewn.
In more complex design variants, on the border between the levels is performed entablature.
- This is a classic architectural elements used since ancient times in the rooms, finish that produces gypsum moldings.Today, these objectives often used in polyurethane moldings, which in appearance is almost indistinguishable from the plaster moldings.
- eaves themselves often have a complex configuration, and may be in the form of steps.It looks very nice, and you can see this by looking at the photo above.
This ceiling will decorate any room, practically taking centimeters of height.
- Ceiling construction of gypsum plasterboard can perform the task of reducing the space.In this case, the second layer is overhanging either the middle of the ceiling or in its specific area, which has been selected.
- spacious rooms, typical of the type of studio apartments, private homes and mansions, zoning ceilings are performed in tandem with connecting or decorative partitions.A wonderful example of this interior you see in the example below.
- in a plasterboard ceiling structure is often combined with a stretched canvas.To obtain a glossy surface for finishing can be used and the self-adhesive film, which looks virtually indistinguishable from PVC stretch film.
- And another, frequent design option plasterboard ceilings.They individuality achieved by highlighting shaped openings or slots of regular geometric shape, made in the outboard surface.
- Their location and number of selected purely for aesthetic reasons, but also can play the role of zoning factor. holes can not just be illuminated with neon or LED ribbon cord.
- Often they put in plastic or glazed wooden frame.Glass is used for this purpose very different: frosted, cut, painted by hand, or with a patterned film, glued on the back side.
About design of drywall ceilings can write a lot, and our website has many articles with different variants.Read, choose, try to make yourself.
main thing - to achieve the result which will make the interior of your home harmonious and aesthetically appealing.