On the merits of gypsum as a natural material known to mankind since the days of antiquity.The fact that it is used in medicine, says its safe.
Gypsum does not light, easily processed in a wet state and is one of the most popular materials used in construction.It is most popular in interior decoration - a snow-white and smooth surface provides no other material.
We will talk with you about what the ceilings of plaster can be done in your home, and what kinds of products based on it are used for finishing the ceiling.
More 15-20 years ago, teams of skilled craftsmen working with plaster, screed the walls and ceilings made solution, the components of which were at everyone.Common prescription was not, so the quality of the alignment layer is often left much to be desired.So
- appearance on the market of building materials dry plaster gypsum-based, has made a real revolution in housing .Balanced mix of ingredients that are simply diluted with water in the ratio indicated on the packaging, allow us to make the highest quality surface leveling.
- Compared with cement mixes, gypsum plasters have a higher turnover, and therefore more easily distributed over the surface.They quickly grasp and gaining strength, and it gives an opportunity to reduce the time for the production of finishing.
- Qualitatively made a plaster ceiling is a good basis for further decoration, which requires a perfectly flat surface: painting, wallpapering, tiling.
- Dry mixes based on gypsum used to prepare the adhesive for stucco, shpaklёvok (sm.Shpaklevka ceiling (choice) - doing the right thing), decorative plasters.To control the timing of solidification, and further characteristics of solutions, in mixtures manufacturers add various plasticizers.
made themselves a tie, as in the photo, not everyone can.Turning to professionals, you can be sure that you are quite satisfied with the result.
especially if the ceiling of plaster stucco decorate.However, it is a different story.
This method of decorating the premises came to us from ancient times - only changed the technology of manufacturing of plaster details: rosettes (sm.Rozetka Ceiling: types of models and methods of installation), cornices, columns elements.The beauty of the palace interiors where the stucco decoration was the principal at all times delighted and fascinated.So
- Stucco elements for a long time no one does by hand: soft silicone molds for plaster, known compounds, facilitate the production of a plaster casting. They help to organize the production of elements not only in the factory floor.
but directly on the construction site.
- order not to mix too much amount of the solution, the volume of water is metered into a form where it will be poured.Because the compound is poured water into the container for mixing, where small portions, stirring constantly, add the plaster - until homogenous.
- Then, after a ten-minute exposure, the solution is poured into the form of three-quarters of the volume, slightly shaken to seal and smooth the top with a spatula .Molds for casting has to be pre-positioned in a hard box, solidifying plaster protecting against accidental deformation.
- products such as moldings may be reinforced with wire or twine.In the process of curing, the surface of the casting is necessary to pass a trowel again - to remove the air bubbles go to the surface of the solution.
- Half an hour later turned over to form a flat surface and gently remove starting from the middle.Released product remains lie until fully cured.
- stucco good to lay on the ceiling with plaster, the surface of which was not exactly smoothed with a spatula, remove the top layer with fine sandpaper.It gives a perfectly smooth back surface of the product to be installed on the glue.
If necessary, the same processing can also be performed on the front side.
- After installation, moldings can be painted with a white water-based paint.But more stucco elements covered with gold leaf, and performed their art painting - it is very beautiful.
This interior will look rich and expensive, not to mention its aesthetic component.
gypsum boards or suspension structures
ability to create a method of molding various plaster elements, prompted producers to the idea of creating a lightweight decorative plates , which you can paste over the ceiling surface, and createmodular suspension.
- assortment of gypsum boards can be divided into the following categories: strip plate, standard, transitional, classic and design. In accordance with the design, of course, vary and their price.
- standard gypsum ceiling tiles are square, measuring 0.24 m and mounted directly on the structural elements of the room.These invoices are quite diverse: from simple geometric figure, to complex patterns with stucco elements.
- have adapter plate design richer - they are applied to large relief images, creating the illusion of whole ceiling surface.
- Tape plates are designed to be combined with the first two options, to create a particular ornament on the ceiling.
- To set designer product mix may include cellular, dome and coffered slabs of gypsum - a ceiling decorated by them, has a chic appearance and good acoustics.
- Honeycomb ceiling modules provide natural ventilation and allow split-mount systems on them.Such ceilings are relevant in public places with a large flow of people.
- Classic gypsum ceiling tiles created from imitating styles of the eighteenth century. They can be combined with any other kind, complementing the beautiful cornices.
This way you can get an exquisite interior design, not worse noble mansions.
- modules for the coffered ceiling, made of a lightweight gypsum board, called "gypsum".They have a standard size of 60 x 60 cm .that allows you to mount them to any harness.
- reduce the weight of the panels allows a special drying technology, thanks to which the array of gypsum formed small granules.Their structure resembles glass and plate becomes the same light.
- It is very important for the suspended structure.Besides, when such a structure, water-resistant gypsum board panels become nearly one hundred percent, and can withstand prolonged exposure to water without deformation.
- plasterboard ceilings are very popular because of its affordability and ease of installation.With this work, it can handle only one person, pre-looking video.
Installation help and the instructions supplied with the kit.
- gypsum panels can be reinforced with fiberglass mesh, which gives them additional strength.There are options slabs glued to the back of the acoustic felt.
They are used in areas where need a special soundproofing.The front side of such a product does not require any additional finishing.
- Suspended ceilings created from a single sheet of drywall (see: How do make a ceiling of plasterboard with their hands), varied in shape and design.But the creation of these forms - it is much more complex, requiring specialized skills.
Besides plasterboard ceilings take up the height of the premises and require finishing time.
From the above it can be concluded that the use of gypsum tiles for finishing the ceiling is much more convenient for those who do the repairs yourself .Standard tiles are not necessarily produce the most - you can buy ready-made.
With concave patterns on the tile, even a small room will seem more spacious and high.Correctly matched to that ceiling lights, you will get a great result, and you can please yourself and loved beautiful interior.