idea of using glass in the roof design did not appear yesterday, but a solid weight and fragility, limit the possibility of its installation in the horizontal position.These inconveniences, as well as a solid price of this material has long led scientists to think about how to save him from these shortcomings.
So there was an alternative: acrylic glass, or as we used to call it - hardboard.In this article, we discuss what techniques are used to decorate it, how to choose a suitable design for a particular space, and how to install a ceiling acrylic.
in Plexiglas ceiling structures
popularity of this material due to its versatility, environmental impact and remarkable technical performance.Excellent strength allows the use of hardboard constructively - this interior partitions and various fences, skylights, lamps and even furniture.
As for suspended ceilings, then there is the design possibilities are virtually unlimited.The low weight, acryli
Moreover, in appearance, they are not inferior to the natural glass.High transmittance and dense structure, enable to use for decorating the surface of hardboard all existing techniques used for ordinary glass.
fiberboard - a plastic sheet made on the basis of acrylic resins.Like all polymers, it is not afraid of water, resistant to UV and scratches, almost dirty.
Acrylic resins are not toxic, therefore all materials, the composition of which they are present, are absolutely harmless for humans.
Plexiglas available for all possible ways of processing: cutting, drilling, milling, bonding, bending.How do you or other action with your hands, you'll learn by watching video.So
- In the manufacture of hardboard used two ways: casting and extrusion.Making a smooth sheet: frosted, tinted or colored, it is performed by injection.
looks like this: methyl methacrylate is added to the hot liquid Monometr dye mixture is cooled, poured lime glass and placed in a mold in a frame.
- next stage - the heat treatment, and then made cutting size.The thickness of the finished acrylic glass can range from one and a half to twenty centimeters.
- extrusion production method involves the use of a granular acrylic.It is poured into a cylinder with a helical screw (extruder) where raw materials, mixing, melted, add the necessary components.This method produced transparent glass, which can be given any shape or topography.
- Specifications Plexiglas (Plexiglas sm.Potolok - how to make) that is produced by extrusion and molded methods may vary.The choice of the type of hardboard depends on the destination structure and environment in which you plan to use it.
Since the ceiling on acrylic glass no load other than its own weight, is not affected, for their device can be used both.In the example above - ceiling frosted acrylic modules.
Interior design and additional lighting - these are the main criteria for the selection of the glass ceiling.The transparency of the material allows you to set the inner space of the ceiling lights, so the structure in which the glass elements of the set, always carried out with illumination.So
- manual and screen-painting, photo printing, is used in a variety of surfaces.But only on the glass: natural or acrylic, these figures are "alive", thanks to the integrated lighting - even in a room with no windows, create an atmosphere of a sunny day.
One of the most popular methods of decorative treatment of hardboard, a patterning method of blasting.
- is done on a transparent and a colored or frosted glass.This greatly improves the decor of the artistic value of the ceiling structure.
It just transforms the interior, drawing on all the attention included in the room man.
- To avoid unnecessary medley, glazed frame with a picture inserted into the wood and plasterboard construction metered: in the middle, or the perimeter of the ceiling;for decoration of niches;as a frame of columns, as in the photo at the beginning of this article.But for solid glass ceiling make better use of frosted glass.
- pattern can be printed on glass and direct printing process or by using a polymer film.
choosing such options for the ceiling, it is necessary to consider, what elements of the interior, these figures will be combined.It can be glazed doors or windows in the same color scheme, a coffee table, a wall panel.
- selecting option of drawing for the ceiling, keep in mind that it must be detailed and abstract.What does it mean?
detailed image requires concentration, and to see him, it is necessary to lift up his head.It is not very convenient, and besides, pictures and images of animals on the ceiling rarely fit harmoniously into the interior.
- That is why designers often use geometric and abstract patterns.This does not mean that they have to be primitive.
Believe me, turn on the ceiling could be a masterpiece worthy of the rich and respectable interior.Looking at the picture above, you can see this.
- Tiffany ceilings are three-dimensional frame structure with stained glass, which is the secret of beauty in technology, which is unique in the world.The scheme of their creation is about the: sketches, selected the appropriate types of glass, which cut fragments of stained glass.Their edges sanded and sealed with copper foil (foliey).Seams between segments connected by capillary soldering.
- Then all the joints between the glass elements of Patinir.Patina - a special solution used for decorating solder joints.
With it, the solder can get almost any color from gold to pearl.And, as a result of the impact of the patina on the surface a very strong film.
- final stage - the framing of the finished fabric.The choice of the frame depends on the aesthetic perception of the whole structure, and without it is impossible to install stained glass on the ceiling.
material used for the frame very different: plastic, wood, metal.The designs of Tiffany often used profile with a T-section of aluminum, copper, brass, stainless steel.
- framed stained glass elements are fixed together as by soldering.The metal frame is also Patinir.The patterns on the ceiling stained glass windows done in different styles.Choosing a theme, it is necessary, first of all, to correlate it with the appointment of the room.
- symmetrically repeating patterns are classic.Abstraction and vitevatye patterns - this Arabic style.
Chinese and Japanese versions, except the samurai and dragons include images of sakura, cane and bamboo.Images of gods, mythical animals and characters, none other than the Egyptian style.Images of gods, but only the Greek, reminiscent of antiquity.
- not less popular stained glass, made by a technology called "fusing".In fact, this composition consist of glass of different colors.
This technology eliminates the use of metal frames, which are the basis in the designs of Tiffany.There are sintered glass with each other directly.
- In general, any shaping of the glass is an element of the technology fusing.This technique is applicable for hardboard in the first place, because its melting point is lower than that of silicate glass.
When heated, the surface of the glass is softened, allowing you to glue them together.Moreover, the compound obtained is very strong.
way to master this method can be in the home.This will give the opportunity to decorate, such as a vase, lamp shade lamp, and even the tiles in the bathroom.
- looks very elegant and glass processing is performed partial way loser.The technology is quite complicated, which is the imposition of one glass to another.
most cases, is superimposed on the colored transparent glass in the form of plates having a pattern elements.Moreover, in the figure may be several layers of different color, with a smooth transition from one color to another.
Naturally, the complexity of the design and processing of glass forms the cost of construction.It also depends on the geometric shape, size, stained glass, a method of illumination and the amount of lighting.Such options
ceiling structures, the shelf in the store can not buy.They are usually made individually and installation carried out by experts of the company.
So to the cost ceiling can add and pay for their services.But cassette ceiling can be set independently.
Installation acrylic ceiling
Mounting glass ceilings can not be unique.Much depends on the configuration, size and number of modules.
For any bundled the manufacturer's instructions and should ultimately be guided.The most common scheme carcass, including stained glass Tiffany, Armstrong is the system, that's about it, and we will briefly explain.So
- The package includes frame: three types of profiles with T-shaped cross-section and the dimensions of the shelves 24 * 28 (arm), 24 * 32 (transverse) and 24 * 38 (main);Area 19 * 24;spring hangers Anchor.
- Operation standard: first one takeaway mark the lowest point of the ceiling and hanging on the wall surface, a breakdown perpendicular axes of the ceiling.Further, from axes to mark the lines, which will be mounted belt carcass.
- This indicates the size of the modules adjacent to the walls, as well as the location of lighting fixtures, fire alarm sensors, ventilation grilles.After marking on the wall, along the line of indentation (which is not less than 12 cm from the floor), mounted corner profile - fastening dowels made, every 50 cm. The next step - installation of hangers to the ceiling surface of the base.
- After hangers mounted supporting profiles, and right aligned in the horizontal plane.These punching establish cross-section., in turn, is mounted longitudinal profile, which is based on cross-shelf.All that is needed for fixing the frame elements and modules have included.
- Before hanging tapes, made all the electrical work, installed hidden and recessed lights, LED ribbon.For chandeliers and overhead lighting leaves isolated findings.If necessary, the cell frame is made of insulation tab.
- remains to install the cartridge.On the back side of their usual arrows indicate the direction of installation.If
stained glass inserted into the plasterboard ceiling, then there is provided a niche on the perimeter which must be mounted profile with additional suspensions or uprights.
way, Tiffany stained glass can be installed on a conventional plastering the ceiling - it does not require suspension structure.Simply, he will be a box, or a three-dimensional figure with light, more like a chic lighting.