Finishing decorative plaster ceiling, allows you to create on the surface a texture or relief, which can not be obtained using other materials.It is therefore, an interest in this type of trim is only increasing with time.
We will talk about what kinds of structural plasters are used today in interior design, how they differ, and how to use them to create their own hands a beautiful composition on the ceiling.
modern finishing material: textured plaster
Before we talk about the process of decorating the ceiling, let's be clear, that is decorative plaster ceiling?Note that the terms "relief", "textured", "block", "decorative" used to plaster, specifies the name of the same material.So
- Apart classroom decorative plaster coatings, Venetian plaster is, as and its composition, and technology applied to a surface, is different.If the texture produced by a mixture of acrylic resins, thereby acquire a plasticity in the composition of Venetian plaster meal of precious stone, plus gypsum as a binder.
- such thing as "decorative plaster ceiling," no.There plaster facades, for interior and versatile options that you can use that, and in other cases.
Universal plaster made in plaster and cement-based, and one of those options is mikrotsementnaya plaster.
- It is an analogue of "Venetian", but instead of marble flour, used in its production of polymers.Both options allow you to recreate the natural beauty of the marble, malachite, onyx, just do it on their own are unlikely to succeed.
- It requires special skills, the composition of the picture entirely dependent on the hand of the master, and never the same twice.As for acrylic plaster, the variant textures imitating one or another natural material, often laid by the manufacturer in the manufacturing process composition.
- In such cases, the instructions on the package indicates which effect you get when it is applied to the wall.Use these compounds for self-easiest, and variations in their textures, there is much more than what you see in the picture below.
Types of plaster
- prepared using pigmented composition, especially do not need to strain your imagination.The main thing is to choose the right color that most harmoniously fit into the interior.The price of such plaster ranges 1450-1600 rubles per jar weighing 2,5kg.By the way, it is half the cost of packaging the same volume of Venetian plaster.
- But more often, the texture of plaster are sold in the form of a ready mix or a dry white, and fillers and Kohler offered to them separately.This separation makes it possible to create on the surface of the ceiling or wall reliefs and any color compositions.These options are simply textured decorative plasters are designed for creativity.
- process of applying such a composition on the wall, in essence, no different from the usual plastering.The only difference is that the coating does not require finishing.Due to the plasticity of the mixture on the surface of the relief can be made not only special tools, but also any materials at hand: a sponge, a ruler, a hairbrush.
- From textured plaster can be like plasticine, to sculpt three-dimensional figures, placing them on the perimeter of the ceiling, or around the chandeliers.Without a certain skill to make it quite difficult, especially on the ceiling.
- Masters often resort to the creation of decors for finishing decorative wall niches.It looks very nice, especially if made light panels.After seeing the corresponding video, you can get a master class from the professional arts and crafts.
- unique structural plaster as a finishing material, is the extraordinary variety of textures and effects that allow florists.Besides, it has a good sound-insulating effect.
Such coatings are obtained durable, long time retain the original color, practical, since it does not require any special care.Decorative plaster ceiling is carried out for any reason: concrete, wood, insulation (sm.Uteplitel ceiling - make the right choice).If necessary, it can be repainted in a different color, or just glued wallpaper.
nuances of creating a texture coating
If you decide to use in interior decoration of his home textured plaster, and even do it yourself, first of all, we should adhere to the recommendations of the manufacturer of the material.
Otherwise, the result could be not so, on what you would expect:
- And yet, we must bear in mind that with the decorative coating can hide a small notches and cracks on the surface.If the ceiling there are differences between adjacent beams, bared the joints between them, rust or damp - before proceeding to the application of decorative plaster, the foundation must be prepared.
- In principle, this process is no different from preparing the ceiling to the normal plastering.All existing coatings must be removed from the ceiling.Rusty streaks, if any, be sure to rinse the relevant staff - modern household chemistry offers many options.
- Dampness can be eliminated with the help of crystallizing a primer for concrete.Joints repaired modified cement mortar and seal the reinforcing tape.
Differences in height have to remove using conventional leveling plaster mixture, preferably universal.The finished base is processed acrylic-based primer, and can proceed to the decorative coatings.
- These recommendations apply not only to finish the ceiling and walls, especially since they often are made at the same time, and even using the same version of plaster.This is done, of course, in the form of a continuous mat, and is combined with conventional smooth colored portions.
- If you look closely at the photo below as an example, you will see that the walls and ceiling of the living room is partially lined with plasterboard.As you can see, plasterboard paneling painted white, and the basic foundation, remaining in sight - finished with decorative plaster.By the way, in the decoration of the ceiling, this technique is most often used.
- Along the perimeter of the ceiling set box plasterboard forming the caisson.Deepening can follow the shape of the ceiling, or on the contrary, to change it.In this case, all the caisson.
darker shade cover it solves the problem of the visual perception of space, making it compact.By the way, the color of cocoa with milk, in combination with white, very pleasing to the eye, and the texture of plaster "antique", makes the interior simply irresistible.
- Keep in mind that this design is important to everything: the shape and color, and lighting.The last point is particularly important, because in the darkness, texture and color of the decorative coating is not perceived as in bright light.Even on the wall and ceiling of the same color appears different.
- for working with decorative plaster, you need to stock up on necessary tools.Their set, as well, and the technology works, depends on what kind of structure you prefer.This is especially true of rollers and other accessories to perform relief.
- Before starting work on the ceiling, try to create a movie cover, if possible, on the wall.For this purpose, you can also use a piece of plywood or drywall.If you received an invoice completely satisfied, you can begin to design the ceiling surface.
- decorative plaster ceiling should not be too liquid consistency - this is important.
amount of solution should be such that you will have time to work out for the time that a manufacturer assigns to solidify.When the mixture begins to fasten the principle of "just add water" does not work anymore.
- Application composition on the surface of the ceiling, as well as its smoothing, almost no different from performing normal ties.As a general rule, apply two layers of plaster should be, and they may have a different shade.
Masters often make darker bottom layer and the top - lighter.Then the figure, due to shade will look three-dimensional.
- Professionals able to perform interesting textures, using a spatula or trowel, but in order to get a complicated pattern, special tool still needed .For the application of the relief can be used shaped cushion, but you can make a wooden stamp made of wood.
Buy a cover of silicone, like in the picture above, paste it on the work surface of the stamp - and you can use it.For those who do not have experience in this work, such a tool would be of great help.
at full hardening of plaster requires about 24 hours, and grasped it in 20-30 minutes.Therefore, the relief on the finished screed must be done quickly.Podsyhaya, the solution loses its elasticity, and failed to correct the pattern becomes impossible.