Ceiling lights with halogen lamps often used to light homes, offices and other types of premises, which is not surprising if we take into account the advantages enjoyed by these lamps.
Compared with ordinary incandescent their sizes 5-10 times smaller brightness at similar power consumption is approximately 2 times higher, and the lifetime is longer (operated up to 3 times longer).
the benefits selection, installation, and other features halogen downlights tell our article.
Features and types of halogen lamps for downlights
unique design of halogen lamps, which are mounted in the ceiling halogen lamps, is as follows:
- Unlike classical incandescent lamps, halogen light inner container is filled with pairs of elements bromine or iodine (chemicalhalogens - hence the name of the lamp).Through the use of halogen gases achieved increase light output lamps 1.5-2 times and the duration of their lifetime (see. LED chandelier ceiling - a qualitatively new lighting).
- color temperature bulbs ranges from 2700-3200K.
- bulb that uses halogen ceiling lights, not made of ordinary glass, and quartz, are more resistant to high temperatures and chemical attack.High resistance glass allowed to bring it to the heating element (spiral) is almost flush and thus make possible a compact lamp (often no more than the thickness of 10mm).
- coating mirror type of halogen lamps operate by spraying a chemically pure aluminum (aluminum reflector) or specialized translucent coatings (interference reflector) on the glass reflector.
Types of halogen lamps for downlights
The ceiling lamp halogen lamps can be inserted as the work of the usual mains voltage of 220V and low-voltage lamps, for which the operating voltage of 12V is often
As for working in electric AC and DC motors, any ceiling halogen lamp is equivalent to a well-functioning and in one, and in another case.
If the lamp is designed for use with low voltage lamps, when it is energized must install a step-down transformer.
Consider what types of low-voltage halogen lamps are now available in the market :
- Capsule lamps with G4 socket and GY6,35.
- reflector lamp 35mm diameter (bulb MR11, base GU4), 51mm in diameter (MR16, GU5,3), the diameters of 48, 70, 111mm (GY4, B15d, G53, respectively).
Halogen lamps ceiling - embedded or affixed to the ceiling - work without a transformer, the following types of lamps :
- Halogen lamp linear type socket R7S.
- Decorative lamps Candle shape cylindrical or with caps E14, 27 and B15d.
- Capsule halogen lamp socket G9.Such lamps are useful in power 35-40Vt ceiling lamps, chandeliers, wall and ceiling lamps, lights, floor lamps, sconces, table lamps often any other.
- lamps equipped with a mirror reflector, with bulbs PAR16, 20, 30 and socket GZ10 (beveled), GU 10, E14 and 27.
Applications halogen lamps of different types of
Candle lamps with flasks and cylindrical forms usedfor insertion into the ceiling halogen lamps and operating on normal mains voltage, are an excellent replacement for conventional incandescent in virtually all areas, especially where there are welcome modest size (cm. Modern ceiling chandeliers and lamps: features and types).
Halogen lamps with small the Voltage virtually no alternative technique accent lighting of museums, exhibitions, sales areas, shop windows, restaurants, accommodation and other things.
If more talk about the use of halogen lamps in the home, then as they tend to favor chandeliers and spotlights with halogen lamps.
Chandeliers halogen lamps
In a halogen lamp ceiling like a chandelier lamp capsule typically implement small size, length is about 2-3cm.A similar type of lighting elements are hardly visible between the crystal chandeliers with crystals any of its lampshades, so sometimes it is not clear that it is the source of light.
chandeliers with halogen lamps to each other may have some differences depending on :
- shape and the presence (or absence) of decorative elements;
- method of attachment to the ceiling - with a loop or a mounting bracket with the screw holes;
- type of ammunition for the installation of lamps - G4;G9;GY6,35;
- presence or absence in the construction of the voltage step-down transformers needed to supply low voltage lamps.
- presence or absence in the design of the dimmer (dimmer)
Features selection and use of halogen lamps chandeliers
purchasing halogen ceiling fixtures such as chandeliers, should take into account some of their features :
- lamp in such chandeliers prone to excessive heat, so these lamps is better suited for use in large rooms with high ceilings;
- rare exceptions light dimmers can only be used with chandeliers, do not use transformers to lower the lamps;
- practice found that the life of the halogen lamps more in the chandeliers, the design of which is supplemented step-down transformer;
- to halogen lamps is not recommended to touch with bare hands, as traces of the touch reflected in the life of the lamp is not the best way;
Tip!It is strictly forbidden to touch hands and other objects capsule halogen lamps during their work, as it can cause severe burns and / or exit lighting element failure.
- if the lamp burned in the chandelier, you must remove it from the socket, and then insert the lamp in the ceiling halogen lighting element (new and workable) with the same base and in the same supply voltage.
Spotlights with halogen lamps
Usually, recessed ceiling halogen lights embedded in the ceiling (see. The design of false ceilings of gypsum board: design options), and then on the ceiling surface isnoticeable only decorative flange, and the lamp itself.Holding to cut holes in the ceiling is carried out by means of two spring-stops.
As for conventional incandescent lamps, halogen lamps recessed ceiling may also be turning, that is, with the ability to manually change the direction of the luminous flux, the only difference is that halogen lamps in size much more miniature.
As usual sets such as recessed spotlights are complemented by ceramic cartridges for halogen lamps - G4, GU3,5 or GU10.
For spotlights designed reflector halogen lamps (or RGL) with a diameter of 35 or 51mm.
There have been RGL cold glow: their light is reflected forward, about half of the heat emanating from the lamp is passed back to the rear of the luminaire.For this reason, their illumination is not so hot.
in recessed ceiling halogen reflector lamps are inserted and locked in a special decorative ring flange using spring , and connect the lamp to the power supply through the introduction of two metal pins protruding from the cap inInsert the lamp.
with spot lights in the low-voltage halogen reflector lamps need a transformer .They connect the wires from the lights, and the wires of the transformer to the home electrical outlet.During installation spotlights themselves transformers and all the wires hidden in the space between the capital and the ceiling.
advantages and choice spots for ceiling halogen lamps
Advantages halogen downlights are as follows :
- they have a smaller size, but light atThis is about two times brighter in comparison with lamps of a similar type, which use conventional reflector lamps of the same power;
- when installing halogen ceiling light requires approximately 1.5-2 times less space (distance) between the capital and the concrete ceiling;
- because the voltage at the RGL rather small, they do not pose a risk to human health in the ON state.
consider, according to what rules should be chosen recessed ceiling halogen lamps :
- buy lamps should be carried out simultaneously with the light so as not to be mistaken with the size of the base and the reflector;
- for wet areas to use low-voltage halogen lamps;
- a step-down transformer can be used simultaneously for a few ceiling fixtures, while its power must be higher than the total power lamps;
- diameter flange of ceiling spotlights on RGL has to exceed 7-10mm diameter holes done in the false ceiling for installation of lighting.
Tip!Always remember strong heating halogen lamps.It should be monitored to decorative flanges and frames fixtures for GL were metal, diffusers, ceiling and decorative ornaments - made of glass, cartridges - ceramic.
Thus, we examined the various types and characteristics of ceiling lights, halogen lamps working on, and we hope that it is now for you to not be easy to organize or implement integrated ceiling lighting, to find suitable for this element, properly and safely mount them.
you all the light!