Overhead lighting rooms will always be in demand, because it is a way to allow the light flux optimally illuminate the room, and that under these circumstances is measured by the illumination of the object.As well as possible the creation of such conditions contribute to the overhead ceiling lights, which can be very different forms of power, weight, and they can be used for different lighting.
What about overhead fixtures on the ceiling?
False ceiling lamps can emit light using incandescent lamps, which include halogen lamps, with the help of fluorescent lamps, as well as throughLEDs.Moreover, in any of these options, they will consume the energy of 220V, 50 Hz (with the voltage and frequency of works at this most household power worldwide).
- overhead ceiling fixtures often produced with a cartridge for an incandescent lamp of any shape.Incandescent lamps called electric light source, which is a clear glass bottle with a filament, and the inside of the vessel or the vacuum state, or it is filled with an inert gas.
- used for spiral tungsten filament incandescent body or, as specified in international technical dictionary, which is a refractory metal, but by heating the metal as it sprays the substance and the atoms are deposited on the cooler surface of the glass bottle, from which the spiral becomes thinnerand, in the end, burn.The energy emitted by a lamp is mainly spent on heating and the efficiency it is only 5%.
- False Ceiling fixtures can be designed for halogen lamps, and they are essentially little different from incandescent .The main difference of such devices is that instead of a vacuum tank filled with pairs of halogens, bromine or iodine, which serve as a buffer for separating atoms tungsten.That is, these atoms are not deposited on the flask, and returned back to incandescent body thus lifetime of the device is greatly increased.
- Halogen lamps are very sensitive to grease, so complete fixtures attached paper or cloth gloves for the installation of these lights.Even washed hands leave grease stains on the quartz glass, which leads to fat burning and staining, and this in turn increases the heat leads to burnout of the helix.
- Fluorescent lamps can be inserted into the overhead lights for ceilings, which are often used as office, because of their economical operation and higher efficiency.Lamp failure presents itself discharge light source in which discharge electricity through mercury vapor, created by the UV radiation, but phosphors (mixture of phosphorus with other elements) convert it into visible light.
- In light output of fluorescent lamps is much higher than incandescent lamps of any design, so energy for such lighting is significantly lower to the same service life of such a device could be ten times the lifespanbulbs, but this requires a stable supply voltage and a limited number of on-off fixture.
- Surface ceiling light, which can be used LED lamp favorably with their counterparts in many respects .First of all, the lamps themselves are practically safe, they have substances containing mercury, they are almost unbreakable not strushivayutsya and consume very little power.Currently, such lighting devices are manufactured with a cap of any size, which means it can be used in almost any luminaire.
- Himself LED is a semiconductor device which, if passed through by an electric current in either direction, begins to glow.Light color will depend on the chemical composition of the semiconductor that makes it possible to issue multi-colored LED lamps.The service life of such a device can reach 100,000 hours, which in practice will mean the eternal light!
- of light output LED lamps are on a par with sodium discharge and metal halide lamps, achieving 160lm / W.Such devices are not heated above 60⁰C in the absence of the spiral are not afraid strushivaniya.The main drawback, some have ceiling bulkhead is its high cost, but it dissolves in the long term of operation in the low power consumption and long service life of the device.
Application overhead fixtures
- Raster fixtures can illuminate both fluorescent and LED lights, but their main advantage is that the light source is enhanced by a mirror grid. most frequently used shielding mirror grill, both the cheapest and lighting devices of this type are often used in offices and public buildings, in industry and health care facilities.
- Ceiling recessed lighting with parabolic grid are more expensive, but they are well scatter light, so they are used most frequently in areas with high traffic and round the clock coverage.These include lounges stations and airports, hospital halls and manufacturing plants.
- most advanced in relation to the raster is a bulkhead with biparabolicheskoy bars.This lighting creates virtually no glare and as close as possible to the effect of daylight.
- The cost of these devices is certainly higher, but they have been successfully applied in areas that require even light, for example, in the offices where the computer display is not protected by anti-reflective coating.But, nevertheless, even at the cost of more complex lattice overhead ceiling fixtures of this type still remains fairly low, which ensures their popularity (see. Ceiling lamp for the kitchen: the types and characteristics of the installation).
- difference parabolic mirror lattice of biparabolichesekoy is that the cross reflectors have parabolic raster have a linear rather than parabolic profile.
- to the category of overhead ceiling lights can also include ceiling and chandeliers that are not installed on the hook by hanging, and are bolted to a predetermined linear or cross-shapedmount (see. Ceiling chandeliers for the bedroom How to choose).
- Variations overhead ceiling lights are quite diverse, so the bulkhead may be called the device that is not suspended and is screwed to the ceiling, attached to its surface.
Point overhead lights
- False ceiling spotlights are used not less than their counterparts built, the more so for surface lighting device does not need the plenum to utaplivat base.Of course, the installation of this type of coverage given to the advantage of suspended ceilings, as the lift is much easier to hide the electrical power wires, rather than lay them under the putty, making Grooves.
- advantage of LED overhead luminaires is their small heating at the lighting, which allows their use for plastic ceiling, for example, PVC panels .
- should not be forgotten that the point overhead ceiling lights still not powerful enough, so their number should be sufficient for the room.If the bathrooms, toilets, kitchens and halls of European standards needed illumination 200lk, for the rest rooms and hallways quite 100-150lk (see. Wooden ceiling lamps: style and originality).
recommendation on calculating the number of spotlights.If the kitchen is recommended 200lk illumination (lux), then one square meter of space should have to 200lm (lumens).One watt (W) LED lamp has a luminous flux of approximately 75-85lm.
Now, knowing the power of the lamp, you can count the number, for example, false ceiling spotlights with LED lamps 2,7Vt capacity will be sufficient for the floor area of 10m2 in a quantity of 8-10 pieces.
Using ceiling spotlights overhead, you avoid the extra work with a hole for the lighting device.But if this type of lamp is not a point, so it is quite massive for a suspended ceiling, so the installation of overhead fixtures must be provided in advance, tightening frame additional profiles in the field of installation of lighting fixtures.