It often happens that in a beautiful package found unfit for consumption product and sturdy-looking building is falling apart from the strong winds.Therefore, we are used to not trust your eyes, and "try everything on the tooth" - to study all the properties and quality of purchased goods or services.
This also applies to the materials that are used for decoration, in particular - suspended ceilings.Despite the fact that the advantages and disadvantages of suspended ceilings are well known, it is to talk about the last detail.This type of decorative finish is positioned as the most aesthetic and featuring a long service life, so many people would like to make sure that this is true, and dozens of years of use does not adversely affect their health.
Cons of different types of suspended ceilings
Before describing the advantages and disadvantages of suspended ceilings, it is necessary to say that different types of paintings are different.
Stretch ceilings are divided into two
Disadvantages stretch ceiling film
are only five:
- so-called film ceilings are made of thin PVC film of various colors and textures (see. Sustainability also suspended ceilings).This film thickness and causes many to not believe in her strength.It is a question of psychological perception, which in principle can not be called a disadvantage, since in fact the strength of high-quality film is not in doubt after the demonstration of some experiments, which can take part themselves doubters.
- On the other hand, film ceiling is really no different mechanical resistance, in the case of exposure to a sharp object.That is, a random hit by a ski pole or a pool cue could permanently damage the surface.
- PVC film may be used only in a certain temperature range and should not be used in unheated rooms in winter.Furthermore, it is very sensitive to high temperatures, under the influence of which can be stretched and even melt.Of course, such a high temperature in the living room and does not happen, but the built-in light bulbs and hanging lamps may well damage the finish.Therefore, there are restrictions on the design and power of lamps used for suspended ceilings film.
- Talking about the advantages and disadvantages of suspended ceilings made of PVC film, it is worth mentioning that in the finishing of large areas can not do without the seams between the paintings.They are especially noticeable on glossy and reflective surfaces.
- Finally, the downside can be attributed to the complexity of the installation of film webs.They can not be set independently, not only due to lack of the necessary expertise and equipment.The fact that the web must be properly cut out so that it does not sag, and created a perfectly flat surface.To do this, knowing the properties of a particular film, its stretchability is impossible.
Disadvantages of fabric suspended ceilings
Despite more favorable reviews, fabric ceilings also have disadvantages.Though not so many.
- more modest than the film ceiling, range of colors and textures.
Council.If you want to make your ceiling brighter, not giving up in favor of the fabric of the film, it can be painted after installation.
- Fabric ceilings are not as resistant to a large leak: a lot of water, they can not hold, and is unlikely to recover themselves after such exposure.
reference.But the fabric is more resistant to the sharp and pointed objects, than the film.
- Stretch ceilings made of fabric can not be subjected to wet cleaning with detergent (see. The wash and ceilings).
advantages and some disadvantages have any kind of suspended ceilings, but they both have a high cost.Of course, when it comes to quality of materials and services.On the other hand, such ceilings are more than a dozen years without requiring maintenance, so it is better to pay once and forget than every five years to change or update coverage.
For those who can not tolerate persistence, long life can be the net for which just do not want to pay a high price.
If a detailed discussion of the shortcomings of a stretch ceiling, it turns out that most of them, and those are not. high cost is offset by long years without repair, and sutures can be seen only if you really look closely. Even the need for skilled manpower to install it turns out quality installation and warranty repair in case of any problems (see. Also stretch ceiling starry sky - man-made miracle in your home).