If the repair of the apartment to ask a stranger about how to choose the suspended ceiling for the bedroom or, for example, for the living room, in this context, the question will be similar in meaning to another, "What do I choose a wife?".
Choice ceiling - is a purely personal decision , and to accept it, you must, at least, to understand the difference in the structure of the main types of materials such devices.
Read more article about stretch ceiling Starry Sky.
Types of suspended ceilings
There are two main groups of suspended ceilings - textile and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) .PVC, in turn, are divided into matt, satin and high gloss - different in appearance, but very similar in structure.And lest you not doubt, choose a suspended ceiling - let's see each of them.
- Fabrics tissue suspended ceilings are made of polyester filament and, in fact, are knitted impregnated polyurethane.In mass production, usually produced rolls of up to 5 m wide, that allows you to collect seamless design in almost any room.
- If you are confused and do not know, choose any ceilings for the big room, the fabric version is just for you .To install the fabric does not require individual adjustment of the configuration space - the material is released for planed and cut out on the spot.
- apparent advantage of textiles is their ceiling mounting without preheating .So the question of what to choose ceilings, is yet another argument in favor of textiles.
- Fabric ceilings can be both white and any other color , besides, you can order your desired image of a certain size.This ceiling is not afraid of freezing temperatures and strength approaching natural fabrics.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
ceilings Stretch ceilings made of PVC (PVC) film, usually, are made by individual size of the room .If necessary, a film, a width of 1 to 5 meters, welded to HD machines.To install the fabric is cut by 10-15% less than the required size and profiled stretched on a baguette.
When heating the material to 65⁰C PVC molecular structure does not change, therefore, in order to stretch it requires heating to 70⁰C.For heating, it is generally used gas heat gun.After cooling PVC takes the usual form, and the web is stretched on a baguette forming a smooth suspended ceiling.
The disadvantages of suspended ceilings made of PVC include them very weak frost .But if you hesitate, what better to choose ceilings, fabric or vinyl, that, at the registration of the indoor installation, this deficiency does not affect your decision.
Read also about tension ceilings in the nursery.
- A very important feature of glossy ceilings is the fact that this design visually increases room due reflection in it all the surroundings.Glossy PVC Film can be any color and shade on a scale of RAL, which helps in the design of the room design.
- In deciding what is best to choose ceilings for large rooms - glossy, matte or satin - you can pay attention to the appearance of a seam on glossy canvas .Because of the visibility of the seam glossy version of the web, as a rule, selected for ceilings that do not exceed the size of the vinyl in order to avoid adhesions.
Council.If you wish to mount the glossy ceiling in the room exceeds the width of the web, then it is better to avoid spikes.You can use a baguette separation, and the ceiling set in two colors or shades.
- Matt ceilings can be called classics , as they exactly give it the color or shade you choose.On this canvas full no glare in any light, and he in any case will not distract the attention from the details of the interior of the room.
- matte paintings can be installed in a room of any size , as the spike on it almost not visible.Because of these qualities this kind of stretch ceilings is suitable for any interior design and facilities.
- In appearance satin stretch ceiling is very similar matte and vice versa.So if you do not know what it is better to choose ceilings - satin or matte, then pay attention to the surface of the canvas.The surface structure of satin fabric has virtually no pimple, it is smooth to a mirror.
- Due to its smooth structure satin ceilings have reflective properties , that visually increases the size of the premises.This effect has another positive side - in good light such ceiling seems pearl.
Council.If before you two options, and you do not know what to choose - or plasterboard ceilings, you can navigate on the proposed coverage.For a lot of spotlights better experience on plasterboard, the more hard.And if you only have a chandelier, it is certainly possible to give priority to the vinyl construction.
Suspended ceiling structure of any type will make the room below, so the design calculations, consider the height of the room.And if before you dilemma what to choose Ceilings: Stretch or plasterboard, you rely on your taste and trust designer.Also do not forget that drywall and PVC are perfectly combined with each other.
Read also about the French ceilings.