topic of our today's article - a lamp for suspended ceilings.In what form is better to stop?What could be the location of the lights on a stretch ceiling?How to mount them correctly?Let's try to figure it all.
To understand the criteria for selection of lamps in the suspended ceiling, you need to be clear about the conditions of her work.
distance from the surface of a stretch ceiling before overlapping is usually minimal.The reason for this - in a modest height of a typical apartment of the domestic construction, from floor to ceiling often two and a half meters.
Consequently, embedded in a suspended ceiling light bulb will work in a small confined space with no ventilation.
Thermal stability ceiling
Next.Suspended ceiling with lights has another feature: the very fabric not too thermostable.Most manufacturers indicate the upper limit of the working temperature of PVC fabri
important: it is the temperature at which the web is starting to stretch and deform.Irreversible destruction of PVC starts at 110-120 degrees.This releases hydrogen chloride HCL.
conclusions are obvious. for ceilings, light bulbs needed with minimal heat dissipation and maximum energy efficiency .
Why the second of the qualities ?
- banal reasons of economy.The lower non-targeted energy consumption - the less money will be attributed Kommunalnik end of the month.
- The lower energy light bulbs for ceilings give a light, the more they will dissipate as heat.Again, unwanted heat.
From this perspective, we will examine the lamps, which are now to be found in stores.
Types of lamps
most familiar and cheapest type of lamps used and tension ceilings.Among the advantages, alas, can only be called the price: it is minimal among all competing solutions.
list of deficiencies largely e:
- extremely low efficiency, reaching only 2.6% in the best examples.The rest of the energy consumption goes into heating the surrounding space.
- here - the second shortcoming: high heat.Manufacturers of suspended ceilings especially warned about the inadmissibility of the use of PVC ceiling bulbs over 40 watts of power and 60 - with ceilings made of fabric.
- substantial part of the radiation lies outside the visible spectrum.That is, again, is spent on heating of the medium.
from the characteristics of this is clearly not the best light bulb suspended ceiling.
galogenki glows brightly in the ionized metal vapor halogen group, rather than a red-hot spiral.But otherwise they are similar to the traditional solution: heat and depressingly low efficiency.
However, halogen lamps for ceilings, soffits demand in their directional light: a reflective layer on the bulb acts as a reflector, preventing overheating of the luminaire to the ceiling (see. Halogen ceiling lamps: features and types, scope).
Use with PVC ceilings galogenki capacity of more than 35 watts is not recommended.
Tip: Another recommendation - do not touch the bulb of the halogen lamp arms.Skin oil, for heating the lamp during operation, can cause destruction of the quartz glass.
Energy-saving lamps - for suspended ceilings already quite conscious choice. They are economical and are heated much weaker than previous types of lamps .
Options capacity and spectrum of light now you can find a variety;lack of such lamps are only two:
- relatively high price.Energy-saving lamps for suspended ceilings from a good producer will cost dearly;cheap as crafts Asian neighbors in terms of reliability can not stand any criticism.
- instability lamps to high humidity.The bathrooms and showers to use these lamps is not: the power converter electronics afraid of moist air.Sealed lamp will only partly, alas, does not provide absolute sealing.
absolute champion in terms of efficiency, durability and heat dissipation.Lamps used from one to several dozen LEDs with total capacity of 3 - 20 watts, while providing excellent lighting.
Feed LED DC low voltage (12 or 24 volts).In the market you can find both fixtures with their own power supply units each, and powerful PSU, complete with a dozen other low-voltage fixtures.The second option in terms of reliability and ease of maintenance which is preferable (see. Installation of LED illumination on the ceiling, the optimal solution).
latter type lamps gets an unambiguous victory in the competition with one caveat: the cost of LED lamps also champions.They are the most expensive in terms of lumens illumination.
Mounting and location of lamps
Stretch ceilings with lights mounted differently than all the other false ceilings with lighting.The problem is that even light a lamp, if it is attached directly on the canvas, make it sag.
lamps mounted in the suspended ceiling so :
- Grown wiring and in the right places special platform mounted under the lights;
- then pulled the ceiling;
- just below the platform on canvas glued reinforcing ring;
- cloth cut in rings on the inner edge;
- out through the slot available wires, which connect themselves lamps;
- then inserted into the platform lights and height-adjustable.Installation is complete.
What ceilings can use the location of light bulbs ?
- evenly spaced with constant lighting point sources is more often used in bathrooms and toilets, closets and small bedrooms.
- best option for the living room - the central chandelier and several pale spotlights around the perimeter, if necessary, give a muted ambient light.
- in the kitchen or the office of the most justified the use of a central chandelier, together with a group of spotlights located in the vicinity of the working area.It is desirable to use light sources with adjustable direction.
Conclusion Hopefully, your selection will not disappoint you or your loved ones.Success in repairs!