topic of this article - the lamp for suspended ceilings.What are they?Lamps of the type preferred?How to change a light bulb in a suspended ceiling?Let's try to understand.
What are the lights?
First some common concepts. for false ceilings are used, as a rule, Mortice fixtures .Since the overlap between the ceiling and have a few centimeters of space, I want to use them (see. Ceiling lamps daylight - modern energy-efficient lighting).
Note: in the suspended structure can, of course, attach and common bulkhead.The only subtlety - it is attached to the frame of strict profile, since PVC panels or drywall screws will not hold however something reliable.
Point Mortise lamps are different, except for the design, by the following characteristics:
- possible reorientation.Turning the lamp in the ceiling often installed when you need to create a working area with bright lighting.
In this light from different angles, not only provides a good ill
- degree of security.It is characterized by measure of protection IP: when this parameter is facing two digits characterize the degree of protection against dust and water.In the case of dust figure is from 0 (no protection) to 6 (full protection from dust).For water, the maximum - 8 - is the ability to operate the lamp for a long time, being immersed in water.
- type lamps.For the ceiling light bulbs used the following types: incandescent, halogen, LED and energy-saving (see the. Ceiling fixtures for the bathroom: types and installation).
If the selection criteria for the possibility of turning the lamp and the degree of protection all clear, the advantages and disadvantages of different types of lamps are not known to all.They cost more detail.
types of lamps for flush fixtures
oldest type of light source that recently knocked 120 years. These lamps are extremely uneconomical: the light turns in just over two percent of spent electricity .
Furthermore, the lamp body is heated to a rather high temperature, which is undesirable.Lay the heat of a close space with no ventilation above the suspended ceiling is problematic.
Finally, the cartridge for an incandescent lamp has a relatively large dimensions: up to 12-15 centimeters long.
As we can see, on the aggregate quality is clearly not the best lamps in the ceiling.However, they are good because they work even in conditions of high or low temperature and humidity.
And here the principle of operation is heating, but not spiral surrounds the thin air, and a pair of halogens (usually iodine or bromine).
They prevent the evaporation of the metal coil (usually tungsten), to join him in the reaction and deposited on the same surface of the spiral from which they set off to the cooler side of the flask.
a result of light due to the higher temperature provides better color reproduction, longer lives and at the same luminosity spends slightly less power.Dimensions are also smaller: luminaire body may have a length of 6 cm (see. Halogen ceiling lamps: features and types, scope).There are low-voltage
galogenki working on 12 or 24 volts.They - the best choice for damp areas in terms of safety.This transformer is best placed in an accessible location is the power converters are the most vulnerable part of the lighting system.
Important: halogen lamp housing can not be touched with bare hands.Any contaminants, including oil from the skin burn on its surface;local darkening cause uneven heating of the quartz glass bulb and its destruction.
By this phrase is usually meant compact fluorescent lamps under standard cartridge that is not quite accurate .However, we will use the established terminology.
This type of lamp is economical and has a little heat.Lamps low power can be fully contained inside the false ceiling;more powerful lamp stand, as a rule, beyond.
Alas, energy-saving lamps for the ceiling are some notable drawbacks :
- number of cycles off / on lamp is limited.The more often it is included - the fewer lives.
- Sophisticated electronics lamps are not on friendly terms with a damp environment.For the bath or pool room is not the best choice.
- spectrum of energy-saving lamps is very far from the sun, the most natural to the human eye.Even the light bulbs so-called warm light tedious and unusual.
- Finally, we have the usual fluorescent lamp mercury vapor inside.When the bulb is broken - in theory need to evacuate the premises and remove traces of metal from the floor and walls.In practice - every time health is suffering inhabitants of the house.
LED ceiling light bulb for almost perfect.The disadvantages can be written unless a high price.But the rest - a lot of advantages :
- economy.LEDs have the highest efficiency of all light sources.
- direction of light emission.LEDs do not need reflectors: They emit light in only one hemisphere of space.
- Absolutely harmless.Neither in the process, nor the destruction of fixtures do not emit harmful substances.
- No effect on cyclic operation resource.There was no no lifetime depending on the number of LEDs OFF / ON.
- himself the life of the lamp is also huge: it is estimated at 50-100 thousand hours of continuous operation.
Important: the power converters tend to live, much less.In this sense, the ideal option - to buy a low-voltage light bulbs in the ceiling and mount them to a common power supply is accessible for repair or replacement site.
the combined properties of the best bulbs for false ceilings - this is LED.Prices are gradually declining, so the only drawback of this type of lamps cease to be significant.
Replacement Lamp Ceiling often looks problematic for a man who had not judged the fixtures of the appropriate type.
So: use either conventional lamp, right-hand thread in a standard cartridge;or two pins, which are simply plugged into the socket with a certain force, or a pair of lateral protrusions lamp fixing after rotating 90 degrees.
Accordingly, to look closely at the start of a light bulb, you have standing.If this energy-saving or incandescent bulb - with a small touch, turn it counterclockwise.It should either turn half a turn and take out freely, or to get out as a standard bulb in the chandelier.
If you see the inside of the flask with a reflective layer flask smaller - it galogenki;for them is more typical pin.Though not always.
How to change a halogen bulb in a suspended ceiling?Just pry her fingers and pull towards you.Does not work?Remove the lamp from the ceiling entirely.It rests on two spring-loaded legs.Then pry out the bulb will be easy.
Conclusion Hopefully, you will need a lamp replacement is rare.Rules to ensure their long life is simple: in the wiring and the cartridge must be reliable contact;Bulbs should not overheat.Good luck in choosing fixtures!