ceiling lights is one of the most popular designs today for modern apartments.Popularity this decision adds a further, and that the installation of the ceiling with LED backlight you can do yourself.
This means that radically transform a house you can for yourself, without the involvement of outside experts.In this design, and the ceiling will be as you want, and money to pay the mercenary brigade masters much you save.
backlight using LEDs
Type LED backlight
Naturally, the different design elements requires a different light installation: ceiling LED lights, in turn, is divided into several types:
- general illuminationDestination .Most often, this is implemented by installing lights in the ceiling recessed luminaires, or the installation of suspended lighting fixtures.
Note!For mounting on the ceiling plasterboard experts recommend the use of lights, the weight of which does not exceed 10 kg.This limitation is due to the low bearing capacity
- Task lights. used for directional lighting in the organization of space zoning room.
- Design lights - lights for coziness and comfort in the room.One of the most popular forms of the organization of such design is the installation of lighting the false ceiling with lighting along the contour.
It is the last embodiment - concealed contour lighting using LED strip - we'll talk in this article in more detail.
Benefits backlight using LEDs
LED strip is one of the most common materials for the construction of ceilings with light effects. Among the advantages of LED strip home worker can be identified:
- low cost
- low level of electricity consumption
- Easy to install and connect (using a self-adhesive coating LED strips)
All this makes ceilings with LED so popular. Also, do not forget about security - but in terms of the threat of fire, LED lighting is one of the safest.
Optimal LEDs: how to find the right tape?
Choosing tape for LED illumination of the ceiling, it is necessary to take into account a number of parameters:
- color LEDs - most obvious in terms of design characteristic of the backlight.At the moment the market available as a single color LED strip, and tri-color ribbon to control illumination which can be remotely using a special controller.
- next feature, which determines the brightness - it density LEDs .For contour illumination used tape density diodes 30 and 60 per meter.Tighter belts - 120 diodes per meter - are used for general interior lighting and the target.
- If there is a risk of wetting the backlight, it is best to use a tape with an index IP .These tapes have a silicone waterproofing coating.
As for other parameters (in the first place - such as light-emitting diodes), there holds a direct correlation "price-quality."IeYou want a bright and reliable lighting - purchase more expensive LED tape.Do
frame to highlight
LED strip for contour lighting ceiling mounted, usually on a special ledge disposed between the first and second levels of suspended plasterboard ceiling.Alternatively, the ledge may be located along the perimeter of the first level - in this case it must overlap the side that was not visible frame members.
Mounting ceiling illuminated the following algorithm:
- doing indentation of about 100 mm from the ceiling, install the first level of the ceiling in the frame of metal galvanized profile.
- Next to the frame mount frame of the first level of the second level of the ceiling, and in such a way that in our chosen areas between the walls and the ceiling of the second level was sufficient space for the passage of light from the backlight contour (see. Multilevel plasterboard ceilings: design features).
- frame is sheathed with plasterboard second level from the bottom so that the ledge was formed to accommodate the LED strip.
Note!The groove for mounting the backlight in this step is required to connect the lead wires of LEDs.Derived wires temporarily glued to the drywall tape or masking tape.
- outside perimeter cornice start using metal profiles fastened rim - it will prevent the direct rays from entering the room.
- shpatlyuem ceiling, preparing to finish.
When all these works are ready, we have to make a "final touch" - to connect the LED ribbon and secure it to the right place.
As we noted above, the installation of ceiling lighting with LED strip is not too much trouble, even for complete amateurs:
- Most models made in the tape reels of 5 meters,because for contour highlight tapes need to be connected.
- Usually connect no more than three reels at a time, t.e.15 meters.If the perimeter of the room more - must be connected in parallel sections.
Note!When connecting multiple tapes is very important adherence to the polarity!
- calculation power required power supply is carried out simply enough: tape length multiplied by the nominal capacity of one meter LED strip.
- Typically, lighting systems with a total power of 50 W or more using multiple power supplies. is due to the fact that the power supply unit 70 W or more are large enough, and disguise them in a standard niche for plasterboard ceilings problematic.
- After the power supply is selected and installed, connect the tape to the power supply.In most cases, this is not much difficulty is, as almost all models of the respective terminals and wires are labeled.
Connection tape check and if everything is in order (Tape lights, its colors change) - sticking to the cornice of the plasterboard rim.
LED lights placed along the contour of the room is able to radically transform it.This installation is quite a backlight is simple and fairly inexpensive materials.So if you are a supporter of innovative solutions in the design, the hidden ceiling lights - this is what you need!