So, at our disposal, wooden walls and roof.Above - beamed ceilings and truss.How to make a ceiling in a wooden house?
begin with, will look like the ceiling design in general.
Bottom-up will be located:
- Filing .Actually decorative ceiling, something that we have to admire.
- vapor barrier .It is necessary in order to prevent moisture from the room did not get to the beams and rafters, speeding their decay and promoting the emergence of the fungus.
- Warming .A layer of insulation, which prevents heat loss through the roof.The heated air rises because, through the roof and most of the heat is lost.
- If used as insulation or mineral ecowool, sawdust - in short, any hygroscopic material, we need a second vapor barrier .
He needed to heater is not gaining moisture and does not lose insulating qualities.If the ceiling is insulated with foam, it is possible to do without it.
- cold attic floor does not require ;However, if the attic is used as a summer attic or on the home improvement stores - it is desirable to lay the floor.
Let's go layer by layer on the sandwich, examining the advantages and disadvantages of materials for each of the levels of our future ceiling.
Let's start with the ceiling coatings, which are applied it is not necessary.
not because of any objective disadvantages: their use is simply defiant tasteless, does not fit into the aesthetics of the wooden house.
- plastic lining with a dedicated seam .In conjunction with wooden walls, it looks terrible.
- Stretch ceilings which are more suitable for an urban apartment, not a wooden house.
Note: this is only the case if you leave the wall without a decorative cover.With plasterboard walls lined ceilings look great.
However, note that with stove heating, they get along well: the hot air flow will cause the ceiling to sag.
- Foam ceiling tile absolutely not combined with wooden walls.
- Pasting a bound plasterboard or OSB ceiling wallpaper also be a bad idea.
What looks like a wooden house in the most advantageous?
- Wooden wall paneling .Natural, natural materials in the headliner lining perfectly with wooden walls.
- Aligned plasterboard ceiling in the kitchen , whitewashed latex paint is a good idea to look at the successful selection of ceiling moldings.
Ideal - if below the ceiling will be visible dark-colored beams.
- Wired between the beams with plastic wall panels ceiling also looks very advantageous.It is best to use a seamless glossy panel maximum width.
- Wall panels made of MDF with accurate simulation of the texture of wood - also a good option.But from reliable.
In addition, panels made of MDF are not suitable for rooms with high humidity, such as kitchens: they are hygroscopic.
where few specific recommendations: reviews of all materials are very different and often diametrically opposed.Consistently a thick polyethylene praised: he is almost eternal and totally permeable to water vapor.
What do you make your choice - your work;just do not forget that the strip vapor barrier should overlap by at least 5 centimeters.
Out of competition, of course, extruded polystyrene .It's a pretty solid material with a very long lifetime, physical properties change very little over time.In addition, it does not support combustion.
second place foam .For cold regions with harsh winters better to stay on 10-inch plates for moderate climatic zone enough and five centimeters.
Mineral wool .Cheap and cheerful.If you do not forget about the vapor barrier - volatile thin fibers can not be afraid.But it will inevitably be compressed to a few years, impairing its insulating qualities.
Ecowool .Easy gaining moisture quickly caking.Despite the highly publicized environmental - not our choice.
Finally, the bulk insulation of sawdust, expanded clay and slag .Cheap;but one has only to fill up at the ceiling, roofed over the ceiling beams.About to fall asleep slag filed to the beams from the bottom wall panels, are not talking.
as flooring on top of the beams (for bulk insulation or as the floor of the attic) is used plywood, OSB board.
It should follow a few rules:
- Plywood before laying need proolifit two times on both sides.Otherwise, it will lead after the first major changes in atmospheric humidity.
- If the flooring will be laid directly on the beam - it is desirable to use the board not less than 40 millimeters thick.However, the required thickness depends strongly on the distance between the beams.
- OSB and plywood placed on the joists.Optimal distance between the lags of 40 centimeters, it allows you to do a 15-millimeter plate.When the thickness of plywood or OSB 22 mm allowable distance between joists is increased up to 60 centimeters.
- from the edges of the walls to the subfloor must leave a small gap.Just 5-10 millimeters.He closed plinth.
- Laghi before laying any subfloor desirable top prokapat melted paraffin.Then the floor will not creak.
Tip: another way to deal with a scratch is laying between logs and boards of special substrate, which can be easily purchased in DIY stores.
Finally - a few helpful tips on filing the ceiling.
So, how to do it right the ceiling in a wooden house at the stage of filing panels or lining?
- As already mentioned, the perfect aesthetics option - when the beams are visible and significantly below the ceiling.
- equally attractive exposed beams on the background of snow-white and looks glossy ceiling, and stylized tree (or wooden).
However, with low ceiling should prefer white color: it will make the room visually higher.
- Wall panels made of PVC or MDF requires a simple sheathing: panels perpendicular bars in increments of about half a meter.However, the perimeter of the room (or the space between the joists) and perpendicular to the rake starts panels, and parallel.
- Even if beams have a significant bias, it is better to mount the ceiling strictly on the level.Undulating ceiling beams look relatively better than the ceiling with a height difference.
- for filing is desirable not to use nails and screws.Ideally - galvanized: then, even at high humidity on the ceiling will never appear unkempt rusty streaks.
special tricks, as you can see, there is no ceiling in a binder.Wooden house makes it easier is the fact that it is not necessary to drill the wall puncher, as in the concrete high-rise building.Do not hurry, before cutting - Measure out at least seven times, and you will succeed