Before booking suspended ceiling, remove the exact dimensions of the room and jot down a sketch of the working draft.In this article we will find out how to measure ceilings.We look at how the simple rectangular shapes and room complex shapes.
begin with, how to record shot sizes.
Form measurement: design and possible problems
Form measuring tension ceiling, in essence, is a schematic sketch of the shape of the room (or the ceiling, if it covers only part of the area of overlap).With the removal of the sizes associated with two potentially conflicting situations :
- Previous measurements errors ceiling will lead to the fact that the web is spaced and manufactured with unsuitable shape and / or size .
- Changing the shape of the room between the time measurement and installation of ceiling breed, politely put, a lack of understanding between the customer and supplier.
silly situation that often arises when parallel operation of se
avoid both situations, a simple regulation :
- Metering stretch ceiling is performed by two different people independently, with subsequent collation of results.
- Customer signs the sketch and checks that the project read and agree .
Doing these simple guidelines reduces the likelihood of errors to a minimum.In the case of changes to the project ceiling after the order (see. Plasterboard ceiling design - design and installation of) the Contractor is entitled to demand compensation for the additional work.Unfortunately, these recommendations are often neglected.
Nuance: be realistic.In the second case, the signature of the client in the project will help you only option, if the case goes to court. Practice shows that the majority of customers are inclined to consider all issues of coordination of the work of their teams builders own problems .
simple form premises
Given: room is a square or rectangle.How to make measurements of suspended ceilings in this simple case ?
- Sketch sketch.Do not rely on memory required to outline the contour of the room.
- Remove all the dimensions of the walls at the level as close as possible to overlap th.That's all the walls: absolutely correct geometric shapes found in geometry, but not in construction.Piled wall can also distort the picture, that's why the size and proposed shoot as close as possible to the ceiling.
- Remove the diagonal size of the room.What for?The reason was mentioned a few sentences earlier.Sheet measurement of suspended ceilings must contain exhaustive information about the exact size and shape of the room.
Even if the opposite wall have exactly the same length - it does not mean that the room is a rectangle.It can be a parallelogram with two acute and two obtuse angles.
complex shape of the room with straight walls
Given: Room is a complex polygon.Most often, the angles it straight (or nearly straight), but possible options.
How to measure the suspended ceiling in this case?
beginning again apply our sketch of the ceiling.This is a mandatory step, from which we can not escape.
- We measure, as in the previous case, all the straight sections of the walls and indicate them on the sketch.
- Divide the room in the diagram for a few triangles and again are measuring all diagonals.As in the previous embodiment, the size of suspended ceilings are as accurate as possible, provided that all the angles are calculated.
Warning: if the ceiling is supported columns, through the future stretch ceiling are risers, there are any further additional factors - all of which must be specified in a sketch with the distances from the walls and the diameter of .
given: a room or one of the levels has a rounded ceiling.This may be an arc with a constant or variable radius, a combination of arcs and polylines, contour image of a flower or an animal, and so on.
This case is obviously more difficult earlier.How to measure ceilings such a complex form ?
- Draw a sketch.Operation tedious, but familiar.
- are measures taken straight sections of the walls.Actually, if the measurement is carried out suspended ceilings, consisting of several levels - the room can be a simple shape.We need already familiar walls and the diagonal length.
- then mark up the sketch the ceiling grid with a pitch of 10-20 centimeters.The mesh size of nets on the scheme depends on the complexity of the circuit and the bending radius.
If all curved wall - the reference point may be, for example, a chandelier or a heating riser (see. Mounting tension ceilings chandeliers in their own hands).However, in most cases curved ceiling is one of the layers of the roof structure, and attached to the walls and corners are not a problem.
- marked on the sketch control points, tying them to the grid. As a rule, we can restrict only the longitudinal or transverse lines with a constant pitch .The distance from the point of intersection of the contour lines on the ceiling to the walls of the scheme will create a detailed layout of the ceiling absolutely any form.
Finally - a few small tips under the theme of the article.
- Laser distance measurement multiple times will accelerate the removal of the ceiling in any configuration.
- maximum amount of stretch ceiling without connecting profiles with their own hangers - 50 m2.In larger areas ceiling begins to sag.However, this size - a landmark: the sagging depends on the shape of the room.
- Do not be afraid to create the layout of the ceiling to be mistaken for a couple of centimeters in either direction.PVC fabric stretched during installation.Actually, the web cut out 7% less than the actual area of the ceiling.
think so as to measure the suspended ceiling, we understand.It remained a mere trifle: to make given the dimensions of the canvas and mount it.Success in repairs!