Round ceiling lights are one of the most universal categories: thanks to their shape, they can blend well with almost any decor, and still provide high-quality lighting of the room.Yet to pick up a light fixture must be very careful, because each style has its own features.
This article is entirely devoted to round ceiling light fixtures.In it, we look at almost all the nuances, from the most common design patterns, and ending with the selection of the design that best meets specific style in which sustained suite bathroom.
Features round lamps
Referring round ceiling lamp, we can keep in mind a variety of models of lighting products, but no error is committed.The fact is that the classification is rather conventional geometric form and selecting the device, you must first decide on its type, the light sources used and the design of lampshades.That is what this section is devoted.
By type of ceiling lights -
- Suspended models .These devices are mounted on the ceiling by means of suspension in a special metal rod, wire rope or chain.
As a rule, modern samples of suspended structures equipped with adjustable length fasteners, so we ourselves can choose the height that will be the source of illumination.
- Overhead model .Unlike suspended, these structures are mounted directly to the ceiling.To fix the enclosure uses a special mounting plate, hidden escutcheon.
Ceiling mounted directly on the body or on the short length rods.Most often, the overhead ceiling fixtures are available with spherical or hemispherical shades.
Surface ceiling lamp round - almost ideal for rooms with low ceilings.
lack of long rods or suspension saves the amount of space in height, and the spherical lampshade gives the design perfection.
- Recessed model .A separate category consists of lamps, which are embedded in a false or suspended ceiling.
Their body is almost always a circular shape, in addition, often the very source of light is protected by a convex plate.As overhead model built construction suitable for low illumination premises.
next parameter that requires our attention - is the source of light.It should be remembered that the luminaire with rounded shape provides the most uniform illumination of the entire area - and therefore it is possible to use less powerful lamps.
So what are the lamps can be used as a light source:
- Most round downlight is available with cartridges designed for installation incandescent .These lamps provide enough bright light in the "warm" side of the spectrum, but their efficiency is very low.
- peculiarity of incandescent lamps is a fairly strong heating because of their use in the fully closed spherical shell is not recommended .To avoid overheating or ventilation holes are made in the upper part of the body, or set an open ceiling.
- fluorescent lamps previously installed exclusively in office lighting .Today, however, compact fluorescent (so-called "cheap") models actively replace incandescent bulbs.
The requirements for the luminaire body are the same, or even decrease."Housekeeper" heated considerably less, which means they can be used in the ceiling of the spherical model is completely closed.
- Halogen lamps often set into round ceiling fixtures with a flat configuration .Pee This model is often used with a fully enclosed cabinet as quartz glass halogen lamp is very sensitive to all sorts of contamination.
- LED lamps - another kind of light sources used in flat recessed and overhead fixtures .Among the advantages of LEDs may be mentioned high light output and efficiency, and the shortcomings traditionally been a high price.
As you can see, the choice of light sources for our round ceiling fixture is extensive.This modern lighting market for each variety of lamps offers a huge number of design decisions - and hence, the choice we have is guaranteed!
The last thing we need to do - is to choose or a lampshade ceiling for our round ceiling lamp.But in the last place we put the item not on its importance: as you will see below, a properly selected lampshade not only plays the role of the designer, but also largely ensures the longevity of our lamps.
Requirements to head for, by and large, not so much:
- spherical, hemispherical or oval shape - almost ideal as efficiently scatter light and blend with any interior.As a material of better heat strengthened glass filter (clear, tinted or frosted) or high quality plastic.
- color of the ceiling should be in harmony with the scheme, which soaked the room .It should be borne in mind that when working light bulb transparency of the material will increase substantially, and the colors will change radically the ceiling.
- Spherical diffusers can be either fully closed or partially open (with a hole).Closed reliably protect the "stuffing" of dust and dirt, but require good ventilation.
To prolong the life of the appliance with a closed circular bubble, regularly clean the ventilation holes of the dust and dirt.
is especially significant for the kitchen, where the air are constantly suspended droplets of fat.
selection model in appearance
each room - a light
If the technical side of selecting more or less clear, it is time to move on to the selection of a particular model.And the choice will largely depend on what room you plan to install a ceiling lamp round.
single recipe, of course, does not exist, but experts in the field of interior design are advised to adhere to the following rules:
- for corridors and hallways suitable overhead design with shades closed as much as possible.This is due to the fact that the corridor - a relatively "dirty" room, because the lamp requires protection from dust.
- The kitchen will be appropriate model with a hemispherical shade made of natural materials - vines, rattan, straw, etc.The glass ceiling will also work, but they need to be cleaned regularly by layers of fat.
- for living one of the most appropriate option would be a chandelier with several round shades.Shaped diffusers opaque white areas may be arranged both under the ceiling, and the suspensions of various lengths.
- bedroom - a place of solitude and rest, because the model with rounded contours will be most in harmony with the whole situation.The best colors for the ceiling or shade - milky white, pink, peach, pale purple, etc.
- for bathroom lighting needs with the highest enclosure.Ideally, the ceiling of durable glass should adhere closely to the ceiling, not missing a single drop of water inside.
Naturally, there are only accepted rules as to analyze the full range of lighting products market is not possible.But if you listen to the advice in this section, there is a high probability that the selected model will be not only beautiful but also practical.
Compliance appearance style solution
In conclusion, I would like to dwell on this point, as the appearance of compliance with the chosen luminaire stylistic decision room.It is important that all elements of the interior are in harmony with each other, and the lighting is no exception.
What then should be ceiling lamp round shape for the rooms in different styles?
- Classic style involves the use of suspended ceiling chandeliers with lots of horns.In this case the design of the lamp with a lampshade is unlikely to be appropriate, so it is best to choose a model that has widely spaced horns with a small sphere or a hemisphere.As a material for lampshades most preferably frosted or tinted glass.
- rooms in Art Nouveau style can be equipped with a wide variety of chandeliers.Most often there are large enclosed sphere on the suspension of the cord or cable, hidden behind a decorative cover.Color spheres can range from soothing pastel shades to bright, so-called "acid."Also, in the colors of shades and lampshades are widely used metallics and stained glass inserts.
- for country style are not typical rounded shape because its main idea - the most natural.Yet in some cases it will be appropriate to use decorative luminaire models in the style of kerosene lamps or lanterns.
- Oriental style involves the use of large spheres suspended with paper shades.These chandeliers their shapes and colors imitating Chinese lanterns, and therefore used in series of several pieces in the room.
Paper - flammable material, because of its use for lampshades very carefully.
Ceiling round - this is the kind of lighting that will be used in virtually every home.Simple and at the same time attractive shapes, soft colors and effective light distribution over a large area - here, perhaps, are the main advantages that these designs are so popular around the world.