Thinking of the future interior design living room, nursery, kitchen, bathroom or any other room, special attention should be paid not only to the choice of tension or plasterboard ceiling and lighting.That light will help to emphasize the style of the interior, to allocate some of its parts, or even convenient to divide the space into functional zones.Moreover, without a competent lighting even the most refined ceiling will not look impressive.
The topic of this article - built-in lights for ceilings that are so popular today.What are they, and what kinds are they?What are the advantages they can mention?When their use is rational and when - no?Let's try to understand.
Types recessed luminaires
Currently, shops are filled with all sorts of recessed lighting fixtures, and the ignorant man, blinded by such a rich range, sometimes very difficult to make the right choice.So now we look at the main types of recessed luminaires that you have a litt
recessed ceiling lighting point - Today is an indispensable element of the interior.They consist usually of reflector bulbs and braiding, in which there is this lamp.
braid can be divided into two parts: functional and decorative.
- first part of the fixture attaches to the ceiling and remains invisible after installation.
- And second, the visible part, serves as a decoration.It can be made of metal, ceramic, stone, plastic, wood and any other practical materials.
Furthermore, sometimes visible part they decorated with different decorations, which are either mounted in it, or just hang around the perimeter.
Spotlights embedded in the ceilings are very impressive design and functional potential: they can be used as a primary light, and to illuminate the exterior and interior items.
Such lighting is easy to harmonize with the single chandeliers, wall sconces and floor standing lamps, as well as excellent look themselves.Besides the aesthetic qualities, you can highlight the impact resistance and abrasion resistance, which are achieved through the use of high-quality modern materials.
small size spotlights allow you to embed them even furniture.
So if you have ordered a beautiful kitchen, or closet, be sure to think about the built-in lighting.
For example, you can highlight the surface of the table on which you are preparing food.
Or install a pair of points (sometimes referred to this type of lamps) in the cabinet - a real decoration of furniture and very comfortable in functional terms.
Ceiling recessed spot also can be divided into subtypes according to the following criteria:
- By location lights .
Points can be both external and hidden:
- first cover quite a large area and a significant part of the heat is dissipated from them below the ceiling.
When you need to make directional light - external points are not the best choice.
- Hidden points are not in favor of the ceiling surface, that the aesthetic side is a big plus.But because of its location a lamp gives a narrow light beam, and most of the heat emanating from it, remains above the surface of the ceiling.
And if the number of hidden points is large, you may have strong heating, which is undesirable for plasterboard ceiling and stretch fabrics.This can be avoided by using energy-saving lamps or LED.
But the hidden point can be a fixed position lamp or rotary, with the ability to change the position of the lamp.For example, recessed ceiling light with a fixed lamp will shine straight down, and the direction of the ceiling light can be changed.
Apply fixtures of this type will be rational to create uniform illumination space as a whole.And if you need to clearly highlight any particular area or to focus on some details of the interior, it is advisable to use spotlights to ceiling with the possibility to adjust the lamp that will bring in the one area of multiple streams of light.
- By way of the ceiling mount .
Spot light can be inserted into the surface of the ceiling and stay only for her, but can be mounted on a special platform:
- in drywall or tension ceilings cut a small circle, then to infest spring-loaded antennae spotlights, which press it.
- In the second case, the platform is mounted in advance, then it is glued reinforcing ring, cut a hole in its inner edge, and then attached himself lamp.
LED ceiling built-in lights are perhaps the most popular today and are widely used for illumination of offices, corridors, bathrooms, windows, suspended ceilings and plasterboard.LED lighting is also often used in furniture manufacture - they illuminate the mirrors, kitchen sets, shelves.
popularity of LED recessed luminaires is due to their flawless properties:
- Very low power consumption - saving up to an impressive 80%!Because of this, LED ceiling recessed luminaire is able to serve a minimum of 12 years.
- No glass elements, tungsten filaments and other components that are subject to wear.
- high fire safety, which lets you embed these lights, even in places with poor ventilation, in wood and plastic surfaces without fear of melting or fire.Also, they are quite safe in terms of allocation of harmful substances during operation or destruction.
- Low heat - LED lights can be mounted in drywall or suspended ceiling with a minimum distance to the floor and not be afraid of overheating.
- This kind of lamps emit a natural, smooth, flicker-free light is scattered, so sore eyes, you can forget.
- LED lights are included immediately, without waiting for heating
- opportunity to choose the color temperature of light: warm or cool white, neutral in tone color scheme of the interior.
- Plus, such lighting does not attract insects.
Incidentally, the LED lights are very different in form and scope, as you can see it in the pictures:
Halogen ceiling lights
Today it is very relevant light source.Halogen recessed lighting in the ceiling can be used for many different purposes and are suitable for both partial and for general lighting: they perfectly highlight pictures, mirrors, recreation and so on.Their shape can also be varied - from the usual round, square and diamond shaped up with all kinds of decorative elements.
Let's look at the main benefits of fixtures with halogen lamps:
- their brightness with the same power consumption as conventional incandescent lamps - 2 times higher.
- Halogen lighting gives a special light closest to the daylight.
- When the light instantly at full power and brightness.
- lamps that stand in halogen ceiling lights, made of quartz glass, highly resistant to chemicals and high temperatures.
- Halogen lamps are durable, despite a pretty low cost.
- wide range of shapes and colors.
halogen ceiling recessed luminaire remember his strong heating is better if the frame and decorative lamp flanges are made of metal, dome, diffuser and decorations - glass and chuck - ceramic.
Good to know!
use halogen recessed luminaires means another limitation: a light bulb should not be touched with bare hands.
fact that the human skin has always some fat, and if it falls on the high temperature quartz glass (from a lamp made for halogen lamps), in addition to the burn can also provoke the destruction of the lamp.
Therefore, if necessary, make better use of gloves or take over the base.
Raster ceiling fixtures
This form of lighting fixtures, we will not talk a lot, because they are mainly used in offices and other public places where you need to provide a comfortable light distribution and direct light to remove the lampswithin a certain off angle.
Raster ceiling fixtures built are square, sometimes round flat boxes, which are easy to mount on plasterboard ceilings.After mounting the luminaire is hiding between the base and gypsum / stretch ceiling.Visible remains its front part, which consists of a lens and a reflector.
The latter may be of different designs and shapes: linear, parabolic, biparabolicheskie.And the last thing I would say about raster recessed luminaires is that they are inserted fluorescent lamps trubkovidnye small size.
Embedded ceiling lamps - a modern method of lighting, which gives the opportunity to play with light and to create stunning effects!
Such lamps are practical, beautiful and takes up little space - all these properties make them suitable for any room, in any quantity, any models for solving the most complex of applications.And despite the fact that most embedded in the ceiling fixtures are available in a minimalist style, models retro or classic interior can also be picked up.
Making a choice in favor of embedded lighting, you open an opportunity to beat the unusual situation and to create a truly original interior design!