Smooth surface of the ceiling is the standard that's been going on for decades.But modern construction technologies have made their adjustments, and now anyone can create a two-level ceiling with his hands.
only important to learn the principles of their establishment and armed with advice from experienced builders.
Let's first understand, what is at stake.
two-level ceilings is considered such an arrangement in which:
- on a concrete or wooden ceiling surface mounted power frame;
- it laid communications (electric and TV cables);
- on the frame set new ground (drywall for painting) or facing material (stretched canvas);
- he ceiling and the newly formed surface of the second level to finish off with the state.
other words, in the process of finishing the ceiling is lowered due to new constructions erected:
- or on the perimeter of the main ceiling;
- or part (in the corners, in the center, etc.).
Trey ceilings resembles an inverted step , where all the horizontal surfaces are at different heights relative to the initial level.Such construction of two planes located at different tiers, and is called a two-tier.
Read also about the two-level stretch ceilings.
Types ceiling surfaces
Depending on the preferred owners of housing decoration materials, all options are based on two-level ceilings using modern technology finishes:
- headlining plasterboard for finishing;
- frame construction for the installation of stretch ceiling;
- multilevel arrangement of suspension systems such as Armstrong, etc.
In other words, the surface can be created by the final or will serve as the basis for applying the finishing.
Accordingly, that kind of two-level ceilings are also divided into:
- ready to use (PVC film of Armstrong);
- ready to install decorative coating (paint, wallpaper and other finishing materials).
All options for the two levels has its own characteristics, which will be discussed below.
Making duplex plasterboard ceiling is the easiest option available to most homeowners.This explains its popularity in the interior many modern apartments and private homes.
uniqueness of this design is that all possible design flaws as well as the bumps and cracks the base of the ceiling masked finishing.After priming, plasterboard ceiling is ready for decorating.
Smooth surface allows the use of drywall produced the basis for further finishing:
- paper wallpaper;
- latex paint;
- relief plaster, etc.
Tip: furnished our two plasterboard ceilings equation with his own hands, follow a simple rule - framework must be thorough .Failure to do so leads to cracking of seams and joints gypsum board.And vice versa - what is a monolithic frame, the less chance of cracking.
Read also about the two-level ceilings in the kitchen.
to create a modern ceiling drywall in their own apartment or house you need to stock up on the following materials:
- sheets of plasterboard;
- metal rails (profiles CD and UD) to force the frame;
- connecting elements (suspensions, crabs);
- putties for surface finishing and glossing over the attachment points;
- aluminum or plastic corners for otortsovki corners of drywall constructions;
- screws for metal and plasterboard;
- plaster mesh to reinforce the seams.
reference: the building materials market offers 2 types of plasterboard: wall - thickness of 12 mm, and a ceiling - 9 mm.Creating a 2 tiered interior, choose only a thin plasterboard ceiling to reduce the weight of the structure.
Before proceeding to the arrangement, it is necessary to make sketches of the two-level ceilings, to calculate and buy the right amount of materials.It is also necessary to take into account the finish of the first (primary) level.
If it is plasterboard, it is necessary:
- First, calculate the material requirements for the first level;
- then add material to the second level.
Tip: good help today provides Internet - the network can not only find detailed drawings of two-level ceilings, but also to find options for its finishing.
main difficulty is parallel arrangement of the ceiling and constructed structures relative to each other.As a rule, when the entire ceiling is sheathed with plasterboard, it is built on the frame of a water level.And in the case of the construction of 2 level, which, for example, hide highlighting possible discrepancies.
reference: the construction jargon, this situation is described as "littered with the ceiling."And sometimes the only way to leveling is to create the primary base of the drywall.
other words, first sheathed with plasterboard ceiling, and only then based on it is built a second level .Next, the surface treated for finishing.It is in this way possible two-tier system of quality installation of the ceiling.
Compared with plasterboard structures, ceilings initially have an undoubted advantage - a perfectly flat surface.Moreover, they can also be in the order phase to give a particular color, or the same order and drawing of the image at all.
to secure the PVC film on the ceiling will also need to build a strong skeleton.Moreover, for each level you need a frame for mounting.If it is a curved forms, it is desirable to use the decorative elements of the power modules that do not require further finishing.
most commonly used for such purposes:
- metal sections with a plastic cornice;
- aluminum moldings.
Tip: commonly used in the installation of suspended ceilings, plastic moldings in two-level system is applicable only for installation on a wall.When you create a multi-level structures required to apply aluminum moldings with the ceiling installation method.
Also, before installation it is desirable to see video installation , to avoid mistakes.Nothing complicated in the installation process is not, important only sequence of actions and measurements.After all, the size of the tension blade removed after installation baguettes, and the error allowed no more than 0.5 cm.
Ceiling systems such as Armstrong
This type of decoration is traditional ceilings for large areas.Its popularity is explainable choice of colors and textures of the tile, as well as a large number of options embedded fixtures.
technology of this system is more complicated but the finish, however, a two-tiered ceiling with his hands and can be mounted to.It is important to follow the installation of hangers technology, which provides accurate measurements.
Caution: The complexity of this type of assembly work of the ceiling is a large number of suspensions and fine-tuning the level.But is it enough to pick up the samples to understand their operating principle.
algorithm works the following:
- With the water level around the room applied horizontal line ;
- On the ceiling is markup to install adjustable suspensions.Its form depends on the parameters of the frame (usually square with sides 50 cm);
- By marking being targeted to the ceiling mounting plate and set suspensions;
- Fits wall profile;
- frame fixed in suspensions;
- Mounted lamps and decorative elements are inserted.
reference: such a system has advantages over the finishing drywall - all power elements of the frame on the front side trimmed topcoat and do not require additional costs.It is enough to fix the frame in the ceiling panels and ready.
combination of different technologies
Modern technologies allow for the combination of very different materials and technologies on the ceiling.The simplest example of a combination - two-color ceiling.
It can be made of:
- drywall - each level having painted a different color, or pasted various style ceiling wallpaper;
- Stretch film - by adjusting colors or pictures;
- type Ceilings Armstrong - by installing different panels (color and material).
more interesting forms ceilings are achieved through the integration of two different types of finishes:
- drywall and the tension of the material;
- drywall systems and Armstrong;
- Stretch films and PVC systems Armstrong.
Conclusions: two-level ceilings with lighting today have become a recognizable element of modern design premises.This design gives the interior a rich look, and often plays a major role in setting the apartment.And with all of this two-tier structure is simple to manufacture, as you can see, after reading this article.
Read also about bunk stretch ceilings.