One of the undeniable trends in modern industrial design is the pursuit of the maximum level of energy efficiency.Perhaps for this reason, Armstrong ceiling lights, the main element of which is a light emitting diode lamps are so popular today.
In this article we will explain what are the fixtures for ceilings Armstrong, what are their strengths and weaknesses, as well as - as the most effective use of these lighting fixtures in the organization of the house, apartment or office.
Fixtures Armstrong look professional
basic principles of
Like most LED ceiling lamp, ceiling Armstrong arranged for a fairly simple scheme:
- basis of the lamp is LED lamp, which is a combination of several LEDs.
main factors affecting the capacity of the lamp are the type of LEDs used, as well - their number.
- All LED lamp components together (in series, parallel or mixed type) into a single circuit, and a transformer connected to the power supply.
- obligatory element that was included with the LED lamps type is radiator.The main objective of the radiator - providing reliable heat removal, which emit LEDs in operation.
Attention!One of the indisputable advantages enjoyed luminaire for ceiling Armstrong, it is a high quality radiators.But this option is important, because LEDs operate without proper teplootvedeniya eventually "degraded" and aperture lamp gradually decreases.
Most lamps line Armstrong use multiple LED lamps: it is necessary to provide sufficient illumination.
important factor affecting the quality of lighting, is also the body, which concluded ceiling lamps: for Armstrong characterized by high-quality housing to allow insertion of fixtures in the ceiling without gaps.
significant part of downlights Armstrong performed in enclosures dimensions repeating ceiling lamp "LVO4h18" that allows them to gradual replacement when retrofitting your home or office.
Where applicable lamps Armstrong?
Scope Armstrong ceiling recessed luminaires is quite wide.The first is, of course, offices.It was in the offices designed on the principle of «open space», most often installed Armstrong ceiling fluorescent lamps - ceiling because the wall or suspended luminaires options do not provide enough quality lighting of office space.
Another application fixtures Armstrong - it is public buildings and business premises.Here at the forefront of LED efficiency models when you need a long time to cover a large area, the amount of energy consumption is one of the key factors.
Install Armstrong ceiling light in a building is also possible, but here you need to be very careful about the choice of room.It is enough to "cold" emission spectrum is not suitable for a bedroom or living room, but in the bathroom or hallway this fixture would be appropriate.
Also, it should be noted that the optimal setting for the lamps of this type are false and suspended ceilings.Mounted in a rack ceiling Armstrong lamps of the same type look quite organically!
Benefits fixtures Armstrong
Energy efficiency and economy
What are the advantages of luminaires Armstrong to more familiar to us models of recessed ceiling fixtures?
- main advantage of lighting fixtures for ceiling Armstrong (which we have already mentioned) - a low level of power consumption.
Compared Armstrong ceiling lamp with a similar standard fluorescent lamp - even with the same "LVO4h18" - then we have reduced energy consumption by 2.5 - 3.5 times.For halogen lamps and incandescent lamps, this figure will be even higher - up to 10 times.
- However, these figures energy efficiency luminaires Armstrong is not limited.Due to the long service life (50,000 hours of use, which corresponds to an average of 11 years of operation) LED ceiling lights have time Armstrong repeatedly recouped through energy savings.
- also "a plus" from an economic point of view, by the fact that Armstrong lamps characterized by a high rate of efficiency of illumination - 98% against 60% for fluorescent lamps.
That is Armstrong lights shine longer, better - and for effective coverage area of the unit they need to be smaller than similar halogen or fluorescent .
About Armstrong longevity lamps we have already mentioned, but their design also features worth mentioning:
- bulk fixtures Armstrong performed on meringue reliable and productive LEDs Refond, equipped with two-way zener.
- deserve special attention as transformers that supply these lamps Ceiling: Armstrong used to power sources with the element base for 50,000 hours of operation, and tantalum capacitors.
- as radiators apply uniform aluminum board with high thermal conductivity.
Tip!About luminaire body we have said, but if you plan to install lighting on the street - we recommend to pay attention to vandal-proof modification of shatter-proof and mutneyuschego eventually polycarbonate.
Among other advantages can be identified:
- Sustainability - Armstrong type lamps do not contain mercury and other toxic substances.As a consequence, these lamps do not require special disposal measures.
- no flicker and noise when working .
- absence of radiation in the infrared range - such a lamp does not heat the room, but only covers it.
- Lamp LED does not produce electromagnetic interference , which is critical in the construction of communications for the false ceiling in the vicinity of built-in fixtures.
Luminaire Design Armstrong can not be called diverse, but to call it a lack of language does not turn.The fact is that these lamps are intended primarily for functional rather than decorative lighting.A building in the Armstrong - ceiling lamps of this type look quite organically.
Disadvantages fixtures such as Armstrong almost coincide with the shortcomings of LED lamps as such:
- Firstly, the cost of such lamps for suspended ceilings significantly higher than similar models fitted with fluorescent lamps.
- Secondly, the spectrum lamp Armstrong can not be called pleasing to the eye - and even polycarbonate cap does not protect from cold enough and "hard" light.
- Third (though it is characteristic mainly for cheaper models), in these fixtures is observed tendency to deterioration in the quality of light after 3-5 years.
also need to specify a low level of light diffusion - but clearly it can not be considered a disadvantage.In some situations (for example, address lighting) highly directional lighting can play "a plus."
If you carefully analyze all of the above, we can conclude - these lights are not universal.But if you properly assess the situation, and the desired location (office, lobby, garage, or even in the backyard of his house), set it lamps Armstrong - ceiling lamps of this type is easy to outdo the other models!