bamboo ceiling panels - an unusual way of interior living space, which will provide not only a beautiful and unique appearance, but also an unusual feeling closer to nature.You can quietly forget about the fact that you are in the apartment.
This bamboo - an environmentally friendly material.
Advantages and disadvantages of bamboo materials
Everyone knows about the unique performance characteristics of bamboo, but do not even know about some of the common myths related to it.Let's look at the most important of them.
Myth №1 - It is believed that bamboo - tree
In fact, bamboo - it's not a tree, and a large plant family Gramineae.His long stem is hollow large stubble.
distinctive feature of bamboo plants is that their length can reach up to 30-40 meters, diameter - up to 30 centimeters.
advantages of bamboo
- high degree of strength and hardness of the material.
- Resistance to UV light and high humidity.
- high degree of resistance to the formation of defects in the material, which allows it to be used in challenging operating conditions.
- bamboo ceiling panels provide a simple attachment that allows the installation work yourself.
- original appearance.
- In the absence of a special coating on the surface, the material is still afraid of exposure to ultraviolet light and high humidity .
It concerns only those cases where the influence of these factors significantly and continuously.Therefore it is not recommended to use bamboo materials outdoors or in humid conditions.
- ceiling panels are made of bamboo manually, which leads to heterogeneity created pattern which can be geometrically correct, and differ on different elements .This type of production and the cost of the raw material significantly increases the price of the finished product.
Despite these negative aspects, which are not so much the material is in great demand, particularly popular for ceiling panels made of bamboo.
Varieties of bamboo panels
Dimensions bamboo panels and boards
- 100 x 190 cm.
- 120 x 240 cm.
- 60 x 60 cm.
Materials larger often used as wall panels,a small square plates - for ceiling structures.Note that the lower layers - the lighter the element, and so it is easier to glue quality.
types of panels
bamboo ceiling may consist of the following panels:
Panel thickness in the range of 1 - 7 mm, depending on the number of layers.Hallmarks bamboo mention its high strength.During installation it is important to bear in mind that the thin plate can be cut with scissors big, but for the other options - use a handsaw or a power saw disk.
Recommendations for installation work
process of installation work on the installation of the ceiling of the bamboo is quite simple and you can do it quite independently.To do this, carefully read the rules and guidelines given.Consider the basic steps for installing bamboo panels.
Preparation of the base of the ceiling for assembly work
- Apply primer to the ceiling, and wait until completely dry.
- Assess the floor surface.If the height difference is less than 2 cm - use it for leveling putty.
For large values of irregularities, apply plaster to reinforced mesh, and after drying walk on the surface of the finishing putty.
Installation of panels
- Draw a diagram of installing the panels in the room on a piece of paper in the box and define them the required number of .It needs to determine the type and material parameters (width, length, thickness).
Go to the hardware store where you plan to buy, and be sure to see how each one looks like bamboo panels "live".
- Apply markings on the ceiling panel fixing .In order to do it correctly and then, without cutting a large amount of excess material, giving increased attention to this issue is still in the preparation of drawing on paper.
- bamboo ceiling panels are attached to the prepared basis using a special adhesive or "liquid nails» .Technology installation is quite simple.
Just before starting work, carefully read the method of application of adhesives and recommendations of their manufacturers.
Attention!To get high-quality material with a clutch base of the ceiling surface of the panel and the base to be treated with the help of a fine-grained sandpaper.
- Apply glue to the surface of the panel, and then, on the previously conducted marking, press it to the base of the ceiling.For the convenience of grab yourself a few assistants.When applying the glue, remember that it is not necessary to use it in excessive amounts, but if the excess is still perform at the front of the material - immediately remove, without waiting for their drying.
After pressing the panel, fix it for a while in a stationary state until the glue sets.Usually, it is enough to several minutes.
Important!Glue or "liquid nail" are selected based on the type and the type of base material used.
final stage of finishing the ceiling
Bamboo panel treated with a special varnish at the stage of production.However, in order to ensure a high environmental friendliness, the amount of material resin is minimized.
If necessary, can be applied to additional bamboo lacquer.For this work, it is recommended to use a gun, and in his absence - hand tools (special roller, brush).
considering technology installation work, it should be noted that it is not difficult, and the strength almost everyone.Ceiling panels made of bamboo can be installed in just one day at work two or three people.Of course, if you do not have to pre-align the surface of the plaster.
Attention!In addition to gluing the bamboo boards can be used a simple mechanical attachment to wood surfaces.Features
use bamboo plates
When using this type of material has a few nuances that need to know.
They are small and obvious, but it is not superfluous to recall them and focus:
- for finishing work in certain parts of the room you want to use different bamboo panel ceiling, wall and other surfaces.
- Each of the two sides of the material may be face, so before beginning work, inspect all items for the presence of surface defects.
CautionAll work on the cutting off of bamboo panels should be carried out wearing gloves and using electric saw, always wear safety glasses.
Calculate the approximate cost of the bamboo ceiling
Now you know the main advantages of technology and installation of bamboo materials, but no harm will be familiar with the economic component of such repairs.Perhaps the only thing that can stop the majority wanting the choice of material.
Price for a two-layer panel with the dimensions of 0.6 by 0.6 meters on average, starts from 160 rubles.1 piece, but if you buy more than 50 pieces.- Only 129 rubles.
average cost of installation work is also quite high - from $ 10 per square meter.Exact calculations to be performed taking into account the thickness of layers and the type of material.If we add the price of a good adhesive, the square meter of bamboo cover you can do more than $ 22.
Knowing the size of the premises, to draw conclusions about the approximate cost of such works.It is not cheap, so to reduce the cost of bamboo finishes are installing the panels themselves.
Important!When caring for bamboo coatings, wipe them gently with a soft cloth moistened with a vacuum cleaner or treat with a brush.
So, let's summarize what is a bamboo:
- environmentally friendly material, which is suitable for virtually any interior, and can be used in the design of the walls and ceiling of the nursery, bedroom and other rooms.
- Bamboo is used for the production of flooring, wallpaper, blinds, panels, plates.Some elements used in decorative lamps and original furniture.
- material has unique operating characteristics, has the original design, is simple enough to use, but it is quite expensive.
- completing installation of the bamboo ceiling with his hands, according to the submitted recommendations, you can save good at this.