ceiling in the hallway gives it a completeness and largely determines the subsequent design of the room.In developing the idea of an interior corridor, designers are repelled from the ceiling height, size and configuration. finishing the ceiling depends on the purpose of the premises - a corridor in a residential apartment, office, etc..
Making the ceiling in the hallway
Successfully picked up material in the creation and intelligent design of the ceiling in the hallway, can dramatically change the look of the room and visually enlarge or reducein its size.
visual change size of the room
high ceiling in a narrow corridor and a lamp on top make the room visually higher and it begins to look more like a tunnel.
can solve this problem in two ways :
- make the ceiling a tone or a few shades darker than the predominant color in the room,
- or install the lamp on the wall side.
version with lamps also help to make the room visually brighter, more importantly, as a co
And vice versa - a small ceiling in the hallway, you can visually make greater use glossy design (glossy stretch ceiling, glossy paint or plastic panels).
Selection type ceiling
Design ceiling in the corridor starting to develop with the selection of the optimal type of ceiling.When selecting consider several factors :
- height and configuration of the premises;
- humidity levels;
- presence of temperature fluctuations;
- basic idea of the final design of the premises and so forth.
than choosing to decorate the ceiling should also pay attention primarily on its durability and practicality.
types of ceilings that are used on the corridor
main types of ceilings in the hall, which is popular among designers and builders, and consumers :
- suspended ceilings for the corridor, which are divided into pendant (plasterboard, mineral fibergrid and rack) and stretch;
- painting paint;
- ceiling corridor of plastic sheeting;
Because of the mounting structure of the premises and performance exhibited by these types of materials is increasingly installed hinged or plastic ceiling.
types of false ceilings
false ceiling in the hallway can be of two types - the suspension and tension .Stretch ceilings are very problematic to set yourself, as this requires specialized equipment and specific skills.
Therefore, most consumers prefer the false ceiling.
Installation of suspended ceilings
suspended ceiling - one of the most popular finishing materials in its category.It argued that set a ceiling hanging in the hallway can be only a professional, but it is not. with the necessary equipment and observing techniques, installation can be carried out independently .
- first thing you need in order to install suspended ceilings in the hall, a suite of tools :
- ceiling panels;
- metal profiles;
- hardware (screws, screws, dowels)
- wooden trestles.
Before you start installing the ceiling with his hands in the hallway is necessary to carry out preparatory work :
- clear set of the previous coverage,
- special ties to fix the wire harness,
- cables and other communications, making the layout of the ceiling.
Important!Before you fix the profiles, check the surface for the presence of unaccounted pipes with communications, because during installation may damage tools or screws.
- In the second phase of the perimeter 100mm screws are attached Vym-corner profiles.
It's quite easy to do with the frame walls - simply screws are screwed directly into the rack.With stone or concrete wall will be more difficult.In this case, it requires pre-drilling holes for dowels and nailing them.Only then can twist screws (see. The ceiling of plasterboard in the hallway: Features installation).
- next step - setting the foundation for the framework.For this purpose, the ceiling must be done counting.Guided by her, in the skeletal basis drilled holes 6mm in diameter and 40-60mm in depth.(See. The framework for the ceiling of plasterboard: design features).If the base wood, mounting bases frame krupnorezbovyh efficient to use screws that do not require pre-drilling.
- After this, check that the distance from the angular profiles, fixed on the walls earlier, equal to the length of the profile. How to make the necessary measurements?You can use an ordinary tape measure. These measurements should be used to help with Bulgarian saw off the transverse profile of the desired size.To install the cross profile it is necessary to rely on the corner.
- next item - the assembly of cells by which the ceiling tile is held, begins with fixing profiles along the corner rails.Each of them has its own mounting system, which greatly simplifies the installation.At the end of profile rail is "petal", which is necessary to bend in the right direction.If done correctly, you will hear a click.
- to fabric does not bend in the middle, to the beams or old ceiling mounted using special suspension transverse profile.Profile rails are special holes for mounting.After that, the upper loop of suspension to be bent by 90 °.
- After these procedures, the loop must be applied to the ceiling and securely, using a screwdriver and screws.
- final stage - the end of the assembly of cells and transverse stacking panels formed in the cell.
Important!Frontpage need to be installed in the center of the room and away from moving to the edges.
If the installation used drywall, then at the end they will need putty and sanding.To hide the gaps between the ceiling and the wall, using acrylic and plaster between the plates used putty.
some time after installation can be stored on a specific smell of finishing materials.However, if high-quality materials were used, it will be gone for a couple of hours.Perfume - a sign of poor-quality materials.
mount chandelier on ceiling
Chandelier - an important element in the hallway.What do the lighting system that it helped to hide small defects in the room?There are several options :
- ceiling lights - create a downward beam of direct light, not suitable for small corridors;
- wall lights - versatile, and suitable for rooms with high ceilings and low;create a directional flow of light;
- built-in lights - are embedded in the walls, creating the effect of illumination, often used as a supplement to the basic coverage, but in small corridors can be used as the primary light source.
For proper and safe installation of ceiling lamps for the corridor should be established in accordance with the regulations of the regulated procedures.
Regulations equate wiring hidden in the false ceiling, to normal.Therefore it installation must be carried out by the same rules :
- avoid the consequences of the circuit, wire breakage and moisture in the wiring, it must be placed in a special non-flammable sleeve;
- branches are not allowed outside the back box;
- switch assembly must be carried out in such a way that the network opens the "phase" instead of "zero."
installing ceiling lamps for the corridor, be sure to take care of the safety devices is automatically disconnected in the event of a network fault.
Important!Choosing a model chandeliers, should pay attention to those that are within the ceiling lamp.Thanks to this arrangement can avoid the appearance of dark spots on the surface of the ceiling.
Chandelier ceiling in the corridor can be fixed in 2 ways :
- Ceiling Hook - it is considered the most reliable.Hook firmly mounted in the concrete wall.It is recommended to install, even when repair is performed.If it is completed, you can use the anchor hooks."Glass" after the installation of the chandelier should be recessed into the ceiling cloth without gaps.
- Cross mounting plate - used to hold large chandeliers.