Suspended ceiling systems are common throughout the world due to its functionality and ease of use.Not so long ago gained special popularity suspended ceilings made of aluminum - lightweight, beautiful, installation is fast, but expensive compared to other types of suspension systems.
If you are thinking about installing these ceilings in your home or office, you will be interested to receive detailed information about them.
Description suspended aluminum ceiling
types of aluminum ceilings
There are two main types of suspended aluminum ceilings - rack and cassette, differing geometric parameters of the lining.Some differences exist in the system framework, but more on that later.
Rack suspended aluminum ceilings can vary the color and width of the rack, its profile and the way of mounting.
- in suspended ceilings open- between panels (slats) are narrow gaps.They can be closed with special inserts or remain open - depending on your desires and conditions of the ceiling.If the room requires more ventilation, the mezhreechnoe space left open.
- Closed Suspended rack aluminum ceilings form a continuous surface without gaps between the panels.When using the profile rails, the surface turns a finned, and when you install gapless rails - smooth and gladkoy.predstavlyayut a modular design of the individual square or rectangular cassettes.Modules may have a different, more complex form.They also differ in color and size, but special attention should be paid to structural differences.
- cassettes may be put in suspension frame systems, leaving it open.
- cassettes are mounted on the frame at the bottom and hide it by yourself.
In the first case, a cassette ceiling is made of aluminum honeycomb structure with clearly defined boundaries of each module in the second - a solid surface.
As for color solution, then as cluster and Pinion aluminum ceilings can be of different colors - from white to black.The most popular ceiling with a smooth surface or a metallic effect - gold, silver, chrome.
reference.The combination of tape and strips of different colors allows you to create interesting combinations.In the case of open suspended ceilings often used contrasting combination of rails and mezhreechnyh inserts.
Advantages aluminum ceilings
- Aluminium - a very light metal, so these ceilings do not need a powerful suspension system that provides the safety of their operation.Furthermore, aluminum may be ceiling mounted in different planes and at any angle to the base surface.
- Aluminum - an environmentally friendly material that does not emit harmful substances, even under strong heating.Therefore ceilings it can be installed even in children and medical institutions.
- Aluminium is resistant to corrosion, moisture and corrosive environments.Suspended aluminum suspended ceilings virtually no aging, so keep their original form, so the solution is remarkable - aluminum ceilings for the bathroom.
- One of the main advantages of aluminum ceilings - ease of assembly and disassembly.They may be partially dismantled to get to located in the ceiling space wiring for the purpose of repair or upgrade it.After that, strips or tape as easily set in place without loss of functional or decorative properties.
- Finally, aluminum ceilings are different gorgeous appearance, high conspicuity and variety of colors.They can be used to implement various design ideas.
above-described properties of aluminum ceilings indicate that they can be used anywhere: in industry, in public buildings, and even as a shelter outdoors.
If we talk about the use in apartments and private homes, the rack aluminum ceiling often mounted in areas with high humidity and frequent temperature changes - in kitchens, bathrooms, indoor pool.They are well kept stay in such difficult conditions, without losing the attractive appearance.Caring for them is the only periodical wiping with a soft cloth and non-abrasive detergent.
not uncommon these ceilings in the living rooms or hallways.Here you can often see the mirror panels on the ceiling in the form of inserts in the suspension systems, or other solid mirror surfaces.
How are aluminum ceilings
We have already mentioned that the described suspension systems are easy to install.Anyone familiar with the hammer and screwdriver, can easily carry out their installation with their own hands.It's enough to get acquainted with our instructions and watch a couple of videos on the subject.
Design aluminum suspension systems
Warning!Just want to warn you that aluminum rack suspended ceilings, for that matter, and cassette, produced a variety of manufacturers.Their products are of the size and profile strips (tapes), as well as the configuration of suspended scaffolds.Therefore, you should buy complete sets of products, and not to collect the ceiling of the different components.
The construction of any aluminum ceilings are angled and guide profiles, hangers, fasteners and trim panels or cassettes.Such components as recessed lighting and fans, are purchased as needed.
Installation instructions aluminum ceilings
- determine the height of the ceiling of the future, set along the perimeter angle profiles, securing it every 50-60cm screws with dowels .This is the most important step, since it is necessary to withstand the horizontal level.
- Further, angular profile, set the guides. If you mount the aluminum rack suspended ceiling, they should be perpendicular to the selected direction of the rails.
- guide profile is fixed to the carrier overlap with adjustable hangers and exhibited at the level .At the ends of the rails just lie on the shelf angle profile, but do not rely on it.
- In the case of mounting a coffered ceiling rails profiles with special locks are mounted transverse insertion.
- Facing panel - rack or cassette - going series on the finished frame .As you work, the ceiling mounted and lamps, if any project.
reference.Regardless of the type of the ceiling, the frame is coated without the use of any fasteners.Reiki latched on ledges harness and cassettes can simply be put into the finished cell or similarly mounted rails.
This manual describes the installation of the simplest single-level grid.If you wish, you can easily understand and more complex structures, such as multi-level ceilings.
Conclusion Among the many ways to finish ceilings, as described above, is allocated a number of advantages.And the high cost of aluminum structures in their background does not seem great disadvantage.Modern design, beauty, durability and quality - precisely those criteria that allow us not to regret the money spent.