About plasterboard ceilings already written hundreds of articles.Most of them illuminates the simple single-level structure.We are in this article will touch on the installation of plasterboard ceiling with his hands in the event that the ceiling has two tiers.Stretch ceilings with plasterboard too will not escape our attention.
Drywall Drywall +
Let's start with a simple in terms of installation cases: plasterboard ceiling in two stages (with the technology can be found in this article: Mount Technology ceiling plasterboard from simple to complex).The curved ceiling is leave outside the scope of our attention.
consider a relatively simple case:
- middle of the room - drywall, shifted down from the ceiling level at a distance of a little more than the width of the profile UD.The first tier is needed only to make the ceiling smooth and disguise the differences in height between the floor panels.
- Along the perimeter of the room at a distance of 40 centimeters from the walls of the ceiling into the second tier of concealing lighting.The difference in height between tiers take to the width of the profile CD - 60 millimeters.This significantly simplifies the installation.
It will be extremely simple.We will remove any loose layers of plaster.Its fall in plasterboard with hidden lights in it undesirable.
layout and installation of the first tier
- With water levels make marks on the wall.Painting cord repulse them the horizon.
- Fasten the horizon profile UD screws with plastic plugs.Step fasteners in this case - 40-60 cm, depending on the wall material.The concrete panels are fixed profile can be a little less, in brick or thick plaster - more often.
Tip: do not forget that the real level of the first level will be lower than the profile of the thickness of a sheet of drywall - 10-12 millimeters.
- CD profiles are mounted along the future location of the sheets of drywall with a pitch of 40 centimeters.This is not the only way to mount, but the most economical.If the length of the profiles is not enough - they are easily spliced.
So far, however, we only need to mark the location of the hangers.They will be attached to the ceiling with a pitch of 60 centimeters along all profiles. exception - an area where the border will be held the second tier.There is better to be safe and use fixed at 40 centimeters .
- Turn punch and enjoy the enchanting music of the neighbors, until all suspensions are not secured.
- profiles spread the CD under them;as a control stretch the twine perpendicular to them.On it will be easy to post profiles on the same plane.Fasten profiles CD to suspensions and passing around the perimeter of UD special screws - "bugs."The free ends of the hangers turn down upwards.
- Fasten sheets of drywall.Step between the screws no more than 25 centimeters.The space above the second tier of the future, of course, it is not necessary to sew up completely.But its border sheets should overlap with the margin.Between the sheets leave the seam width of a few millimeters.
Important: All seams must be carried out with fastening two sheets to one profile.That is why we used the distance between the profiles, which is a multiple of the width of the sheet.Where is perpendicular to the seam profile - simply tighten the edge of the leaf length of the profile, and then mount the second sheet and tighten to the same profile of its edge.
Installation of the second tier
- mark and attached to the wall profile UD six centimeters below the surface of the first tier.That surface of the drywall, not the profile.
- Mark up the second tier of the border on the sheets of plasterboard.Again, do not forget that the vertical surface of the shift to the thickness of the sheet into the room.
- Fasten along the boundary of the second tier profile CD vertically, narrow side towards the ceiling.Self attracted him to the profile of the 1st tier.Its easy to find, guided by the heads of screws.
- boundary between the second tier and herpes room UD profile mount ribs - the same profile CD, but horizontally.
- conclusion in the space within the frame of the second level wiring for lighting.
- sutured frame plasterboard.What sew the first surface - horizontal or vertical - it's like the result will not be affected.
- make holes under the lights.The easiest way - to mark the circle, Drill drill holes in wood, and then cut it out circles jigsaw.
- proceed to finishing.Here, everything is standard: shpaklyuem seams and screws, joints sizing, polishing, gruntuem and color (see. Useful tips in the article How to whitewash the ceiling latex paint quality and economically).
+ Plasterboard suspended ceiling
To see what is fundamentally different from the previous case the suspended ceiling plasterboard, recall the method of attachment of the web.It stretches with a pretty big effort when heating a heat gun.At the same time, cooling off, the canvas is stretched strongly and leveled (details of installation of the ceiling, see the article Stretch ceilings in the kitchen particularly installation).
In addition, the most commonly used scheme of the ceiling, which is surrounded by stretched canvas duct plasterboard.There again, hidden lighting and communications.
What does this mean in terms of ceiling mounting features?
- stretch ceiling will not be attached to the wall and to the frame, which is mounted on drywall .As a rule, a galvanized profile.
- This will create a profile for a horizontal load of about 70 kilograms per meter Profile .
not to say that the tension with plasterboard ceiling can not be combined: such ceilings we can see in many homes and offices, but the mount frame and the ceiling itself will have with the load features.Otherwise - a crack in all seams, or simply pulled out of the box mounts.
We will not intentionally cause specific attachment schemes.They are developed individually for each room design. The general rules for how to combine tension with plasterboard ceiling, will be the:
- UD profile is attached to the walls and ceiling with a frequency twice as compared to that used for the single-level ceiling .For concrete maximum distance between the anchors is 30 centimeters, for bricks, aerated concrete, plaster, etc.- 20.
- Metal frame must be absolutely rigid .All profiles CD and UD tally with each other.
- If the suspended ceiling is separated from the floors to a considerable distance - using additional slopes profile .Do not forget: a triangle - a rigid figure.A rectangle can be deformed.
- Instead of a single thick sheet of plasterboard use two thinner with overlapping seams .In this case, the absence of cracks is guaranteed.
Subject to the right to get all the design will be absolutely secure and serve you without redecorating a very long time.
Conclusion As you can see, the installation of suspended ceilings made of plasterboard with their hands quite possible.Nothing prohibitively complex there is no;all the necessary skills you are turned out to be in the process.Success in repairs!