Plasterboard sheets (GCR) allow almost perfectly level the surface, without spending a lot of time, effort and money, and many people want to learn to do it yourself.In this article we will look plasterboard ceilings: how to do an overhead frame and how to mount the sheets themselves.For starters learn to make a simple single-level ceiling under the putty and paint or wallpaper.
Single level plasterboard ceilings
If we consider the possibility of installing plasterboard ceilings in the apartment of an average citizen of Russia, and the CIS, it appears that most of them allow the height of roomsonly do single-level ceiling, as it does not exceed 250cm (after installing the ceiling will 245-246sm).But if you donate more two or three centimeters, it is already possible to mount spotlights in plasterboard, which significantly diversifies the design space.
Council.If your room is not very high and the ceiling has a rounding (so do instead of ceiling moldings), it
Preparation and marking the ceiling mounting frame
- First of all, you need to understand that the minimum distance between the ground and the suspended ceiling of plasterboard can be 25mm, as this thickness profile.The distance between the two is called the ceilings ceiling plenum.
- Find the lowest point of the main ceiling, turn away from it at least 25mm and put a mark on the wall (if you plan to install spotlights, this distance should be 10-15mm longer caplighting device).Carry it in every corner of the room with the help of the water level.
- now between labels need to hold an indicative line and it can be done with the help of a paint cord.Choklayn stretched between the two marks and one of the stretched cord pulls it from the wall like a bowstring and abruptly let go - remains as a result of a clear flat line.
- Now we need to mark out the main ceiling.We find in the room is the flat angle from which we start to mount GCR and do away from the ceiling layout by 50cm.The same is done on the opposite wall. Try to line markings on one of the walls retreated angle 90⁰ - this will produce a smooth installation of the frame profiles, which in turn will facilitate the installation of drywall.
Installation of suspension frame
- On a broken line on the perimeter, using dowels and screws screwed profile UD, which serves as a support andguide for the CD profile.If a profile does not have mounting holes, they must be done at a distance of 40-50cm from each other.Moreover, the wall can be drilled directly through the profile of 6mm diameter drill (a hole in the profile easily overlaps the screw cap).
- for CD profiles must be installed on the ceiling of the U-shaped hangers along the lines that we made before.Distance between peshkami should be 50-60cm (less - can be more - not desirable), they must be screwed to the dowels with a hat, as in the concrete slab has voids and plug without a hat will have to fall.
- under suspension, along the lines set profiles CD.Profiles easier to insert into the UD, they need to be cut to less than 5smm pure distance between the walls.If the width of the room more than 4m, the profile will have to increase, and there are special connections, but you can do without them, simply by inserting a piece of wood inside the rack and screw it profiles.Install all profiles CD, not screwing them to the suspension.
- To align the CD, for them to stretch the thread, but their profiles are sag this thread delay, so each of them need to pull up the average suspension, tucked under his ears.
- When a string is stretched under the cage, they put it all on the DD, screwing them to the suspension of the special screws for metal plasterboard profile.Note that it may be a situation that one metal screws on each side will be insufficient, so that the frame is not "rattled" (the presence of backlash at the connection) - will have to screw the second screw.
- The same screws to fix the junction profiles CD-UD at the wall.Hanging ears straighten hangers on both sides, although some cut them, using various compounds.We are considering how to make plasterboard ceilings and on this mounting frame is finished.
- After mounting the suspension frame, take care of lighting - do the wiring electrical wires and hide them in a corrugated cable duct, attach it to the main ceiling.The output ends of the wire are left with a margin of 10-15 cm.
Installation of drywall sheets
- for installation of gypsum boards need two people, since due to its size sheet can break in .Ceiling GCR has a length of 250cm, so it will cross 6 profiles - two on the edges and four - the middle by 50cm.The edge of the sheet should cover only half of the CD, because the other half is screwed next.
- GCR screwed screws for metal, length 25mm and screws need to be screwed so that they are recessed into the sheet, otherwise the cap will serve as a hindrance in the putty.But there is a danger of a breakthrough paper and that it did not happen - use nozzle drywall with a shade that captures the depth of planting of the cap screws.On one sheet of drywall is wasted about 60 screws.
recommendation.If the area of the ceiling is large, it is desirable to shift the sheets, that is, the next row start with a half sheet that was not clear weld mesh, since the vibrations of the seam can go crack.It is especially important to do this in the buildings standing near the motorway and railway.
- We learn how to make plasterboard ceiling and after installation of the GCR is necessary to close up the seams and screws.To do this, use either fugenfyuller (type fillers) or fiberglass mesh tape on the sticky basis.When grouting tape pasted it into the recess and is embedded usual fillers - after drying building knife trimmed pieces of tape sticking out from under the putty.
- When terminating fugenfyullerom tape is not necessary since this filler sufficiently rigid and well withstand the load .The heads of the screws embedded usual starting putty to the entire surface of the ceiling was on the same level.
- Do not forget to display the electrical wires for lighting, but if you know the diameter of spotlights, you can immediately drill holes for them cutter for plasterboard.After sealing all joints and screws ceiling ready for filler (see. As putty plasterboard with their hands), but before that it has to be primed with the primer and allow to dry.
Conclusion We learned how to make plasterboard ceilings flatten with your hands.By the above, we can only add that the GCR excellent construction cut knife (on the one hand and a sheet of paper incision breaks) only need to monitor the sharpness of the blade.You can also purchase a special drywall knife, the blade is thicker and shorter than that of the building.