Perhaps one of the least expensive, while at the same time - the most effective ways to trim ceiling is plasterboard ceilings filing.By using this technology, you own (which is very important!) Can be constructed with built-in ceiling lights.This ceiling will be obtained almost ready for finishing - instead of expensive plaster works unless you need putty joints between sheets of drywall.
In this article we'll show you how to make yourself podshivnoy ceiling of plasterboard with a minimum of cost and effort.
Preparing for the arrangement of the ceiling of plasterboard
Tools and materials
Traditionally plasterboard podshivnoy mounted on the frame of a special metal profile.Of course, you can use a wooden frame, but the metal in times easier, and more convenient to use.
Metal profile for plasterboard ceiling installation is divided into the following types:
UD - profile .This profile is located on the perimeter of the ceiling, ieit needs to be fastened wherever drywall will cover the walls of our room.
calculate the amount of this profile is very simple, because other than the perimeter of it is not used.
- CD-profile , also known as primary or guides.This profile attached sheets of drywall, which will shape our ceiling.
rails need to strengthen the profile so that the profile can be found at the junction of two sheets of drywall.
If we stitched plasterboard ceiling in the great room, the longitudinal profile of the need to strengthen cross-profiles.
optimal cross sections step in this case is 40 cm.
Also profiles for mounting drywall perimeter and we need:
- suspension for Profile - metal brackets that allow the frame to accommodate our chosen distance from the ceiling.
- Connectors - metal parts for joining the longitudinal profiles
- Crabs - four-sided metal connectors that are used to secure the profiles at an angle of intersection 900.
- Fasteners - dowels, nails, screws
course, you mustdo not forget about yourself drywall!
When purchased all necessary, proceed to the marking of.
Mark up under the ceiling drywall
markup when drywall suspended ceiling helps to strictly align the framework for the ceiling of plasterboard, and is therefore a guarantee that your ceiling will be nice and smooth.
course, some experienced masters can manage without markup, but if you're just starting to work with plasterboard - it is necessary to apply the markup!
layout includes basic drawing lines on the walls and ceilings:
The first phase marks on the wall around the perimeter of the room we put a baseline -imenno on it and will be the level of ourceiling.
- the indentations from the ceiling in this case is determined by its design, as well as the fact whether we hide under the ceiling of communication.
optimal distance from the ceiling to the baseline of 100 mm.
is best for the baseline fit laser level.
- After drawing the base line on the wall begin to spray the ceiling grid.First act lines for fastening longitudinal profiles, and then - compute the intersection of the longitudinal cross sections.
Installation suspended ceiling
Make frame for plasterboard
frame, through which will be the ceiling plasterboard Rooms', we begin to mount from the perimeter:
- Focusing on the marked base line around the perimeter of the room fastened UD - profile.
in concrete or brick wall (the most common versions) profile is secured with dowels with plastic or metal sleeve.
- To make it easier to navigate when mounting rails for plasterboard ceiling profiles, join profiles on the perimeter of the room with a cord, extending it from one wall to the other.
- drawn to the guide lines on the ceiling fasten pendants (using the same plugs as for mounting UD - profile).
- Suspensions bend and fasten it to the guide profiles we need distance from the ceiling slab.
- Putting profiles in the right places connectors or crabs.
Our framework is ready, and you can "go to the finish line" - to start filing drywall.
When we hemming plasterboard ceiling, it is best to use special screws.
They have a length of 25 m, and thanks to the special shape of the thread is securely fixed to the metal sheets of drywall profile.
- Before sheet set ceiling sheets of drywall pruned in size .This is best suited knife with replaceable blades or saw with a fine tooth comb.
- Plasterboard is fastened to the profile with a pitch of at least 20 cm, and in some places - such as the corners and bends Profile - even more often.
- When fixing screws twirl so that the bonnet was slightly recessed into the drywall.This will allow us to easily zashpatlevat attaching the ceiling before painting.
Do not try to tighten the screw too much, otherwise there is a risk that it will break through the drywall is fragile.
When fastening drywall to the frame is complete, clear the new ceiling of debris, dust, and proceed to the final finish:
- joints between sheets of drywall, which appeared in the course of mounting bumps and the site of attachment screws shpatlyuem.
- After drying putty treat it with fine sandpaper.This treatment helps to remove all the irregularities of the ceiling, and make it perfectly smooth.
- Stopper and polished plasterboard can be painted, hang wallpaper and ceiling tiles, as well as - to put on a decorative plaster.
Using this technique, you can make not only simple single-level podshivnoy plasterboard, but also a complex multi-layered structure.At the same time the basic principles of design of the ceiling remain unchanged!