theme of this article - a ceiling moldings choose to ceiling looked beautiful, the installation was not overly complicated, and the family budget does not hurt.
We consider the basic question of finishing the junction between the ceiling and the walls: how to choose the color, shape and material of the plinth.
We begin our review of today's market, of course, with materials baseboards.Immediately it should be warned that if you are ready and waiting for the exact answer, what to choose ceiling moldings - better close this page.
Our goal - not to force you to buy this or that product, but only as far as possible to objectively tell you about their strengths, weaknesses and peculiarities of assembly.The article does not claim to ultimate truth: it's just a thought a man who by profession is often've encountered repairs.
If you are looking for a plinth ceiling choose to complete the repair with minimal co
K, relatively speaking, the shortcomings can be attributed only material:
- Flammability .The foam is flammable.However, like a tree - different material for ceiling moldings, which we will talk about later.
- low mechanical strength .If you use a ceiling moldings at the level at which it can come into contact with the inhabitants of the home - it is a very real disadvantage, putting an end to the foam as a material for the plinth (or, more precisely, in this case the border).
If it will be used for its intended purpose as ceiling moldings - to record a property material deficiencies will snap judgments.
In search of how to choose a ceiling moldings, you probably have come across the description of polyurethane (or polyurethane foam) plinth.
There is a clear confusion, migrating from article to article.
Harder analogue of foam, which is also used for the manufacture of ceiling moldings (also called baguette) - extruded polystyrene .
Amid the foam it is distinguished two properties:
- Polystyrene foam does not support combustion .The fire goes out after a short time.However, to call it completely safe in terms of fire can not be: in the flame still burns it.
- This material is much stronger than the foam .He, too, is cut with a sharp knife, but to crush it accidentally touching fail.As a result - of extruded polystyrene often do not just baguettes, but also curbs.
material cost is slightly higher compared to foam, but the way he still will not carry.
deciding which best ceiling moldings, can not forget the wooden moldings.
As with other materials, their properties are ambiguous:
- tree - an elite, aristocratic material gives the room a certain pomposity .In particular this applies to precious woods: ash, oak, mahogany.
- plinth Wooden ceiling - the most expensive of all.The price range is huge: unpretentious spruce fillets (one of the varieties of forms plinth) and a carved mahogany plinth will vary in value tenfold.
- Wooden plinth much more difficult competition in the processing.
Customizing the corners of the wooden moldings have a hacksaw with a fine tooth comb and frequent, and the joints to bring a file.
And if other types of ceiling moldings shpaklyuyut slot easily, the tree, especially noble varieties, does not forgive mistakes.
on the baseboard with a complex texture of wood, any flaws will be noticeable even with precisely matched tone putty.
- wood rot, mold, deformation at fluctuations of humidity and attacks them eating bugs.
Tip: but antiseptic and a couple of layers of lacquer negate this unpleasant feature of the tree.
- Finally, talking about how to choose the ceiling moldings, we can not forget about the difference in the method of attachment.Styrofoam and Styrofoam glued to the wall just to the universal glue or putty.
And their insignificant weight eliminates the need to dry the glue without additional fixation.Wooden
the ceiling moldings (moldings) also requires working hammer and pre-assembly fasteners, which is drawn at intervals of not more than half a wooden baguette.
sale can be found on the plinth centimeters wide (or even less) to twenty.How to choose the width of the ceiling moldings?
Let us remember what it affects.
- wide plinth allows you to visually smooth the corners.The room looks more rounded, which means - peaceful, calming.
feature of the human psyche is such that the corners do inhabitants of the house more aggressive, roundness is calm.
- width skirting to hide the flaws and irregularities of the walls of the ceiling joints.Elevations ceiling, too, more conspicuous in the corners.
- Finally, if you want to hide the joints of the ceiling to the walls - and here a plinth to help.
- However, the size of the room for two human vision horizontal surface - the floor and ceiling.The large area of the ceiling takes a baseboard in the bedroom - the room seem smaller.
Please note: this is why in small rooms absolutely not worth it to build a mezzanine.Visually, they will make a compact bedroom closet overgrown.
- Choice ceiling moldings and affects the height of the room.If the ceiling is low - a plinth is not used.It will look too bulky.
How to choose a suitable plinth ceiling color you?
You just need to keep in mind a few simple rules:
- White plinth (usually the same color as the ceiling) makes the room visually higher.If so - for the room height of 2.5 meters the selection is small.
- wide plinth wall color will make the ceiling look smaller.The room is subjectively perceived as a little about the real dimensions.
- one room must not be present more than three primary colors.Otherwise, it will look like colorful.
Nuance: black and white, but can be combined with any other.This black visually make the room more cramped and dark.That is why, by the way, most often made of white appliances.
- Skirting contrasting color (eg color bog oak in the room with pale walls and ceiling) at a sufficient height of the room looks spectacular.But
must match the color of any other elements of the interior.
Finally, when we choose to repair the ceiling moldings - how to choose his form?To give you prefer simple lines or complex drawings and pretentiousness?
Simply remember about good taste and sense of proportion.Sophisticated, fanciful shapes suited to the pompous decoration of the room, the style of old, combined with expensive natural materials.In addition, the more complex the shape and relief ceiling moldings - the more difficult it will be to adjust the corners.
On the other hand, simple shapes and simple lines are more versatile.They fit almost any decoration, merging with the ceiling and walls and without attracting undue attention.
How to choose a plinth ceiling - you decide.Good luck in your repair!