Use ceiling moldings ceiling gives the appearance of a kind of perfection, provided that the plinth selected with taste, properly assembled and decorated.Initially, the white ceiling moldings look gray, unattractive and cheap, and also strongly reflect light.
If their quality paint, the decorative elements will have to look more akin to an expensive plaster moldings, apparently will be more thorough, acquire matte texture.
try to understand how and what to paint the ceiling moldings, get it out of a nondescript strip underceiling become a real decoration of the room (see. How to paint the ceiling moldings - the final touches of repair).
The ceiling moldings can be painted
Types staining solution for ceiling moldings
First of all, look at what color ceiling moldings :
- If you wish to change the color of a plinth mounted to the ceiling, the easiest way to take advantage of white water-based paint,which is then added to the appropriate color and the color scheme is regulated by the intensity of the hue.
- If the interior imposed greater demands, and is essential not only to the final color and texture of the ceiling moldings, painting is best to use Glaze.With Glaze - special tinting formulations - can be given a surface ceiling moldings virtually any desired texture - natural stone, wood, metal or frayed gold, etc.
Glaze and using them to achieve different textures
now advise how and what to paint the ceiling moldings to give them this or that popular texture :
- patina effect. To recreate the effect of patina on the ceiling moldings using Glaze colors Tahir .It is applied evenly on the surface of the plinth, leaving the middle part of the element unpainted.Then, using a sponge or cloth, to shade the joints painted and unpainted parts of the cornice and remove the top layer of Glaze.Such a method makes it raised convex surface of a light and bright, while deep areas - more contrast and saturation.Next, using a dark color Umber Glaze allocate relief layer and enhance the effect of painting using a brush.
- effect of gilding. Before decorate the ceiling gilded plinth, you must prepare a thin brush and Glaze suitable shade - gold, silver or metallic .The brush is dipped in the dye solution, and then wiped to near dryness.Then applied to the relief of the bristle surface plinth and slowly carried along it so that "gold" was only on the convex portion.
- effect of aged wood.The effect of this type on the ceiling moldings is achieved by applying a brown Glaze with a brush with stiff bristles and a strong pressure .This creates a texture that looks very similar to a tree.Fine brush with a dark Glaze possible to finish the strip of wood fibers and defects characteristic of all solid wood.This will make the wood texture looks more plausible.
- effect of malachite.Before painting the ceiling moldings, in this case need Glaze green and homemade tampon made of leather or imitation leather pieces .Glaze is applied to the surface of the plinth and using tampon creates streaks thereon.They then use the pen color in bright Glaze, slightly diluted with water.
How to paint the ceiling skirting
Now suppose the rules of painting skirting paint :
- Paint ceiling moldings is recommended before they are mounted on the ceiling.To do this, on the surface, such as a table, the paper trail and keep the baseboard over it during the painting (see. Ceiling moldings Solid: a guarantee of quality and durability).
Tip!In addition to water-based paint can also be used acrylic, latex and water-dispersion solutions.It is better to avoid paints intended for external works, because they can simply eat into the plinth.
- To paint brush should be used as the roller carved moldings with complex texture quality will be difficult to paint over.
- Complex baseboard billing more easily stained with spray or paint cans.Painting thus, unlike brushing will go to smoother and more evenly.
- If deco already glued to the wall, before you paint the ceiling moldings need to stick to the ceiling and walls along these strips masking tape. Scotch must be adhered closely to the plinth, thus avoiding soiling of the paint surface.Remove the masking tape after the applied paint is dry on the plinth (cm. Ceiling wooden plinth: advantages, disadvantages and features of installation).
- If there is a possibility that the masking tape will come off as a result, together with the wallpaper, you can use a different, slightly more complicated, but the safest way - to the plinth prikladku wide spatula for applicationpaint.In this case, trowel applied against the baseboard from the walls and paint over the lower half of the protected area, and then rearrange the trowel and paint the next section, etc. When the lower plinth is painted, trowel applied to the ceiling, close to the top of the plinth, and the same way paint over the top half of .
Tip!Using the second method of painting, the paint should be applied thinly and spread it carefully, otherwise the paint will be collected in drops and drain at the wallpaper after the spatula is removed.
- Even if the wallpaper was accidentally stained with water-based paint, you can clean up, unlike other types of staining solution.
So we figured out which colorants are used for painting the ceiling moldings, and voiced a number of subtleties of color of this decorative element.Compliance with the instructions presented in this paper and recommendations will allow you to make the interior in the attractive room repaired.Use only high-quality materials, amount of care even in small things, and the intended result is not long in coming.