repairs in the apartment is always a lot of questions that need to be addressed most, especially if the repair is done in the home.Many people wonder how to arrange the joint walls and ceiling, that is, what to do there facing materials and design solutions. Of course, the most common solution to this problem is the ceiling moldings .
selection and installation of ceiling moldings
With the construction of the Soviet period we got a number of buildings, where the joint between the ceiling and the wall just rounded to not install there any decorative device (see. How gash ceiling moldings properly and well -process description).Well, in the years when the solution of the housing problem was one of the most sensitive issues - such room design was acceptable and understandable - it was necessary to build quickly and cheaply. looks completely different question of decorating the interface at the moment, when the decorative details may be less trouble with rounded .
How to choose a ceiling moldings
- most basic criterion in the selection of ceiling moldings for premises will be the ceiling height.This will determine the width of the profile, that is, the lower the room, the ceiling has to be skirting and vice versa.
- second point - this is the material from which made the cover profile (see. How to fix the ceiling moldings - step by step instructions). skirting ceiling can be made of plaster, wood, polyurethane foam .The choice of material can affect not only your personal preferences, and technical parameters of the ceiling and walls.
- Now imagine that you need to cover the joint between the ceiling and the wall when the wall is rounded on the vertical plane. None of these profiles, except for the polyurethane, it is impossible to bend without any defects .And these defects are critical for the operating status of the plinth.
- If you decide to make a decorative molding on the ceiling, and even talking can not be of any other baseboard than gypsum. This plinth was used for decoration of ceilings back in ancient times, and always will be in demand in the interior design .
- tree decorating work also requires the installation of baseboards of a suitable material and it is nothing like the different types of wood.Such moldings installed yet our ancestors, when the wood was the primary building material.
Mounting ceiling moldings
- Mounting ceiling moldings starting from the corner of the room and it needs to cut the profile at an angle 90⁰ 45⁰ tilt to one side. For this purpose, joinery miter box, where there stencils for cutting corners on 45⁰, 60⁰, 67,5⁰ and 90⁰ .
- Gluing can ceiling skirtings or a putty, or a polymeric adhesive (water-soluble PVA type and "Bustilat" or based liquid polymer such as an epoxy resin hardener and "liquid nail") (see. How to wash the ceiling methods and means).It is also widely used adhesives such as "The Moment", "Dragon" or the normal white and transparent silicone.
- for mounting wooden ceiling moldings in addition to the adhesive used screws yellow .Also needed screws when installing wide baseboards made of gypsum, when the liquid filler does not withstand the weight of the profile and need more support before the pour.
- for joining ceiling moldings in the span walls also use oblique cut. This allows to make the connection completely invisible, the most important thing in this case, to converged pattern on the baseboard .For gypsum products is docked profiles right angles - all gaps are sealed with a solution of the fillers.
- So, first of all, to the primed joint walls with the ceiling set in the corner of the room ceiling moldings in a different direction.That is, at first make one of the corners of the room, which is already more dancing.
- If profiles are installed in the putty, the solution is to fill the space between the skirting and the angle of the walls and ceiling interface. If installation takes place with glue, then smeared only those parts of the plinth, which will be adjacent to the main plane .
- When installing the last plinth in flight or on the perimeter of the need to cut a piece of 1 mm longer required size.When staёt profile on the seat "to strut", it covers not only the joint between the wall and the ceiling, but also makes the invisible junction with the adjacent skirting .
- all the gaps left after mounting plinths on the ceiling must be sealed filler to profile looked like a single unit with the wall and ceiling. to seal gaps in the wooden baseboards using putty for wood and thin plates, cut from the profile that are hammered into the gap between the skirting .
- Paint ceiling moldings narrow brush, but sometimes you want to select the relief image.In such cases, use the paint brushes.This is quite hard work and requires some diligence and time.
Council.Not every room in the outer or the inner angle corresponds stenciled Mitre, so the markup ceiling moldings can be done manually. profile is applied to the site and across the ceiling to turn the line is drawn, and the same is done on the other side .
- Now we puts the plinth, it crosses a stream on the line running at an angle .Point at the intersection and the point in the lower corner of the resort will be a guide for the cut-off.Cut should be on the route to the back corner of the profile - junction turn smooth and without gaps.
Use ceiling moldings - the most common option, because, as you seal the joints in the ceiling, if not a decorative profile.It is also used for this purpose friezes, moldings and moldings, the principle of which is similar to the setup discussed above.