Finishes joints walls and ceiling moldings and special fillets helps us to achieve a perfect finish any type of space, whether it's a bedroom, living room, bathroom or office desk. ceiling moldings are produced from a variety of different materials and design types .
Universal ceiling moldings ceiling moldings
now on the market a wide range. They differ in color products, a variety of shapes and sizes .You can make a choice according to their preferences and design project.
plinth of polystyrene
Such a plinth made of extruded polystyrene. They clearly expressed relief, matte finish, smooth.These properties make it possible to implement all kinds of imagination of designers .
- Advantages in the use of products frompolisterola- cheap, and a great view of this imitation stucco after painting.
- Cons - weak strength and stiffness, brittleness
important.When choosing a decor for edging the ceiling, be sure to measure the height of your tub you!The higher it is, the more massive plinth first need to trim ..
ceiling moldings made from polyurethane foam, have greater strength and flexibility than their counterparts from polystyrene. For the manufacture of polyurethane foam using two components, one of which is rubber .
With cornices and moldings made of this material greatly facilitates the work of decoration, in which a lot of curved or broken lines (see. How gash ceiling moldings properly and well - description of the process).
All types of ceiling moldings of polyurethane foam (PUF) do not absorb moisture, resistant to temperature fluctuations. They can also be used for finishing wet rooms, such as a swimming pool or bath .
- Pros - flexibility, strength, absorbability.
- Cons - the price more expensive than polystyrene products.
This is one of the most economical options.They are available with a variety of color finishes, with different patterns on the surface of baseboards.They can mimic wood or marble.
- Pros - low cost, ease of installation, hygroscopic, a wide range of colors.
- Cons - can not be repainted, afraid of high and low temperatures.
Wooden ceiling plinth
Despite the fact that the existing types of ceiling moldings made of different kinds of wood are much more expensive than the baseboards of the polymeric materials, many consumers prefer to use that symbol.
increased demand for wood plinth: pine veneer or dictate the excellent consumer qualities of saw-timber, such as strength and durability, aesthetics, and environmental friendliness.
Processing wooden moldings by UV hardening increases the protective properties of wood plinth from the harmful effects of the environment (see. How to fix the ceiling moldings - step by step instructions). surface of the plinth resistant to damage and easy to clean .
- Pros - environmental friendliness, ease of installation, the conventional use of wooden houses and baths.
- Cons - lack of plasticity,
Anyone who faces the choice of ways to furnish your home, try to emphasize your personal style.One option is to use the expression in the design of this molding made of gypsum.
What types of skirting ceiling can be made of plaster? choice is wide, as the plaster is a plastic material, and a good master can make of it real works of decorative art.
decorative moldings made of plaster, won universal recognition, became the favorite method of design.
beauty and grace of the proposed patterns pleasing to the eye. growing popularity and author stucco made by individual sketches ..
- Pros - quality, environmentally friendly material, unique design, durability.
- Cons - High price, weight and fragility during installation.
Council.The kit can pick up to the plinth beams, moldings, sockets for processing facilities in the same style
plinth for ceilings
The advantage of using this type of skirting we discussed earlier. It is also used for the final finish in the stretch ceilings .
- Pros - a wide range of flexibility, strength, absorbability.
- Cons - undesirable gluing plinth shelves to the canvas ceiling.
most often for the final finishing stretch ceilings used a soft paste, which is already incorporated in the price ceiling and installed by default in the construction of ceilings (see. The junction of wall and ceiling: how topick ceiling moldings).
- Pros - low, softness, flexibility, low profile after installation.
- Cons - narrow width, a modest appearance, lack of patterns and textures
rigid insert is used only when the system shtapikovoy fasteners (see. How to cut the ceiling moldings: step by stepinstructions from the real masters of their craft). It has a number of shortcomings :
- length of 2 meters of the product, it is impossible to avoid when installing visible joints.
- high risk of damage to the fabric during installation.
to create exquisite design space can be shared with ceiling plinths use different moldings and rosettes. This will give extremely elegant look to your housing, help in the implementation of the dream of unique home .