Many believe that the ceiling is rarely pay attention.However, this view is mistaken.It is neat and tastefully decorated ceiling is sometimes "highlight" of the room.Modern ceilings in apartments, houses and offices trim a variety of materials, among which are often present and boarded mirror elements.
mirrored ceiling mirror designs are decorative elements in the design of the ceiling.Mirrored panels on the ceiling, which trim the arches of various premises, are made primarily of polystyrene.This material is resistant to shock and almost beats than can not boast of a traditional glass mirror plate.
Conventionally these panels are divided into two types:
- perfectly smooth decorative mirror panels shockproof .They are self-adhesive and the ordinary, for mounting which additionally contains a special glue.The size of such panels are generally standard: 100h1000 mm 1300h1000 mm 200h1000 2600h100 mm mm;
- flexible shockproof decorative mirror panels .In this case, the flexibility of the plate is achieved by applying to its surface incisions in the form of a mosaic or stripe.Such panels are always self-adhesive and have a thickness of about 1 mm.
In addition, the design of modern ceilings indoors discos and bars provides for specific elements of their decoration.For such cases, there is another kind of mirror plates - holographic panel.They are also made of polystyrene, have a protective polyethylene coating, it is not afraid of moisture.There may be a mirror, and tinted.
Materials mirrored ceilings:
- Whole mirror.
- mirror tiles.
- Stretch mirrored ceilings.
- Mirror panels of polystyrene.
- Mirror suspended ceilings.
- Mirror adhesive tape.
should know!Mirrored ceiling can not be used if the temperature exceeds 60 degrees Celsius.This factor is a reason that is forbidden to use powerful incandescent lamps with mirror plates.
Mounting options mirrored ceiling
Option 1. Suspension system
Using suspension system, which is directly attached mirror elements can successfully experiment with design options ceiling.So, very popular, and the creation of multi-level ceilings with curly colored mirrored plates.
Option 2: Adhesion of mirror panels
- Carefully align the surface of the ceiling plaster or gypsum board fasteners.
- Prime the plaster and GCR - is not necessary.
- Glue a mirror to the ceiling panel.
If the back side of the mirror panel is not sticky layer - use glue.
CautionWhen attaching the whole mirror is necessary to use special adhesives and mechanical fasteners additional to the ceiling.
In order to highlight a specific area, you can use a series of point or spotlights.With their help ordinary unremarkable modern mirrored ceiling can become a real piece of art design (see. Ceiling lamp in the interior - the art facility, giving light)
Care mirrored ceilings is extremely simple.The design is not afraid of moisture and perfectly interacts with the cleaning agents.Therefore, in the case of heavy pollution mirror plates are easily cleaned using special cleaning agents, plastic and glass cleaner.If the contamination is small, it is enough simply to wipe the mirror surface clean with a soft cloth.
In light of recent design trends of modern design ceilings replete with a variety of options for their registration.One such option is a suspended ceiling.
They are divided into two types:
- plasterboard suspended ceiling;
- suspended ceiling panels MDAs, particleboard or fiberboard.
Finishing the ceiling tiles in the decorative wood-based particleboard perfectly in tune with lighting fixtures recessed type.However, to make holes for these lamps need to use a chisel or an electric drill with a cylindrical attachment ("crown").
When installing such panels is not recommended to add a new number plates, achieving undetectable seam, if the width is greater than the length of the ceiling panels.In this case, designers are advised to create an original combination of plates of different color, and a central panel in place the most viewed part of the ceiling.
Plasterboard suspended ceiling from wooden differ considerably lower labor costs for the installation of designs and finishes, good sound insulation, fire resistance and relatively low weight.In addition, the advantage of such ceilings is the possibility of installation in areas with high seismic activity.
Modern ceiling coverings, in particular boarded plasterboard structures consist of:
- metal frame , which is made of cold formed profiles such as PP-1;
- plasterboard standard size 2500h1200 mm and a thickness of about 12.5 mm.
Application of plasterboard suspended ceiling in
There are two options in the application of plasterboard suspended ceiling:
- Option P121 .Plasterboard fixed to the frame of the metal profile that is attached to the main ceiling anchor nails and carrier profile design.The latter, in turn, are connected to the base structure by means of screws.One square meter of such a ceiling weighs 14.5 kg.
- Option P122 .Plasterboard fixed to the frame of metal profiles, which are mounted to the ceiling of the main anchors.This ceiling has a weight of about 14 kg / 1 sq.m.
Stucco - modern trend of designers who seek, by all means, meet the requirements of any customer.So, in order to save manpower and resources in areas with little relief ceilings (up to 20 mm) mounting option chosen ceiling of plasterboard.
Tip!If the irregularities of the ceiling does not exceed 10 mm, it is better to use for the installation of drywall suspended ceiling option P122.If the ceiling unevenness up more than 10 mm, it is recommended to use a variant P121.
suspended ceiling is very whimsical.Their installation should be carried out even during the finishing works and when the heating (room temperature must not fall below 10 degrees Celsius, and humidity may not exceed 70%).
Mounting suspended ceiling
- Mark the fixing points.
- Fix base profile anchor nails every 1.2 m.
- Preliminary alignment of the ceiling frame, using a special set of gaskets.
- Set profiles frame every 0.5 m using screws 16 mm long.
- Secure support of the profile in the areas of future joint plasterboard.
- Fasten drywall boards every 20 cm using 25 mm screws.
- Prime the surface for decorative finishes.
Modern Stucco has many variations.If desired, decorate the surface of decorative painting.However, to cope with this task alone can not everyone.The basis for the art of painting the ceiling are quite cheap materials - gypsum board and chalk, but the result is able to slay even the true critic.
ceilings - modern reflection welfare tenants.Therefore, to save on their finish is not recommended.Currently ceilings in residential apartments and houses can be decorated better than theater and hotel vault.The main thing - to know what you want to see over the head every day.