Installing drywall is far from the last stage of the lining of the ceiling in the apartment, in front of the primer, putty, sanding, priming and again only if you are ready for the final stage.Paint the ceiling of plasterboard can require the imposition of several layers of paint, at least for high-quality coatings must impose at least two layers.
The process of painting, you can not just make out the instructions below, but also watch the video clip on this page.
Stages of painting the ceiling
presume that the ceiling is already plastered and dry (see. As a putty plasterboard)then it is necessary to overwrite any abrasive material, as paint plasterboard qualitatively possible only for a very smooth surface.
course, some experienced master shpaklyuyut ceiling so that the ceiling oshkurivat after them is not necessary, but it is rare, so take special grater with sandpaper, and even better - with a diamond grid - and powertrowel putty ceiling.
Sales have electric grater, but experienced masters prefer manual grout is better.
During sanding the ceiling do not neglect their own safety - use a respirator and goggles.
Note that the substance taken from the ceiling, which goes for painting, it is harmful to the respiratory system of the body.
- After sanding the ceiling on it remains a lot of dust and the ceiling should be obmesti brush or a broom, but this procedure is still not will remove all the dust, so the surface should be covered with primer and allow to dry.Since the primers have a lot and they are all of excellent quality, your choice can stop at any of them.For priming can use any container, the main requirement is - the ability to fit roller.
- In no case should not be neglected primer surface as plasterboard prepare for painting, you can only create a smooth and hard surface .
If you do not apply a coat of primer, the paint will be phased out in clumps, and the painted surface will look untidy.
Paint the ceiling
When painting the ceiling is better to use a wool roller, as foam can slip and the surface is painted with "highlights".
roller is made of wool reserves the bubble surface that dries, becomes smooth, matte finish.
- After the primer has dried on the ceiling, you can begin to work on painting the ceiling latex paint, and this requires a different size rollers, paint tray and brush set, asproperly paint the ceiling of plasterboard, or rather any moldings or foam elements is possible only at a certain value of a brush.
- Before the general painting, you need to paint a brush angle interface ceiling and wall as plasterboard paint roller can only on the wide plane.
You also need a brush for painting moldings, ceiling moldings and rosettes, with the width of the brush can vary depending on the relief pattern.
- Painting plasterboard ceiling is made with water-based paint, which is gaining in the tub for a roller.
This tray is designed so that the roller after it dipped into the paint, you can squeeze a little, rolled him on the finer surface crockery.
Council.If you decide not to make the ceiling white and any other color, painting ceiling of plasterboard must be carried out with a solution of a water-based paint color.
If a solution is not enough, then the next time you will never be able to pick up a similar relation, and the ceiling will turn a different color.
To understand how to properly painted plasterboard, it is necessary to take into account the uniformity of the layer when painting.
As you know, the roller can be used as long and short-handled, but in any case, dipped it in ink - press the drained emulsion to flow to not formed smudges.
- As a rule, the ceiling should be painted twice, but there are times when you have to apply to five (5!) Layers of paint.
This is not because you are bad painting, but because you have under the paint.To avoid this - choose the putty good quality, avoid any grease on the surface of the drywall as well as the installation of the GCR sufficiently recessed screws to avoid rust symptoms.
- Before you apply another coat of paint - let the first coat dry well.The degree of drying can be determined by the color - fade dark spots.
- When painting the ceiling you use different colors, you can use masking tape, pasting it on the border of another color.The tape after painting is very easily removed.
Stucco Drywall - painting, priming, sanding ceiling - does not take too much time, but in order for this to happen more quickly, you need to prepare the room.That is, learn from it all that is possible, and the rest to cover the special film for repairs, as cleaning after painting ceilings can take longer than painting itself.