Drywall is one of the most used tools among construction materials.He became a kind of full replacement plaster, with a much more user friendly and easy to install.
finishing surfaces during repairs, however, involves the use of various types of plasterboard, which largely differ from each other in size.So, if the task is to decorate the ceiling, it is necessary to know the dimensions of the ceiling drywall to accurately identify and acquire suitable for the lining material.
How to distinguish the ceiling drywall from other species in size
Dimensions plasterboard is generally determined by the following standard:
- The width of all kinds of FCL, including the ceiling is 1.2 m.
- length sheets may range 2-3,6 m.
- thick gypsum board is 6.5 to 12.5 mm.
dimensions of various types of plasterboard
To learn how to determine the required type of drywall, you need to know the size of sheets designed for different surfaces, including the size of p
- mostthin drywall is the arched - its thickness is 6.5 mm, which allows it to be easy to almost any bending radius.
- Width wall drywall 12.5 mm, which is considered to be the best not only for leveling walls, but also to create different partitions, niches, etc.structures having the necessary rigidity.
- ceiling drywall whose dimensions range between 8-9.5 mm, a lightweight version of standard sheets and reduces the overall weight of the ceiling, as well as significantly save on the amount of profile, with a reduction in weight because it is possible to provide a plating wider stepbetween the slats ceiling profile for plasterboard ceiling framing system.
Among other things, ceiling drywall itself is cheaper in comparison with wall materials.
As for the width and length of gypsum boards for various needs, then these parameters are the same for each type of material, and most are available in the following variations:
- 2000* 1200 mm;
- 2500 * 1200 mm;
- 3000 * 1200 mm.
types of ceiling drywall
There is also a classification of its own ceiling drywall.
It looks as follows:
- Average ceiling drywall , used for decoration with a normal level of moisture and fire.
thickness of the material is minimized and different manufacturers from 8 to 9.5 mm.
- Moisture resistant plasterboard ceiling separately with reduced water absorption is not provided, but to furnish such surfaces can serve as a more subtle modification of ordinary moisture-resistant material, offered by various manufacturers.
such sheets are used for decoration with high humidity and a high level, such as bathroom and kitchen.
- Fireproof plasterboard also universal, and concerning the headliner, the appropriate size of plasterboard ceiling thickness is also recommended to choose a modification, not exceeding a thickness of 9 mm.
Calculation of drywall on the ceiling depending on the size of sheets
When calculating the material for single-layer ceiling should start by measuring the length and width of the room .
Here is an example of calculation for a standard living room 5.6 * 3.1 m dimensions (figure below).
At calculations it is mandatory to measure all four walls for possible curvature.
case of derogations should be based on the greater value to the material as a result of precisely enough.
In our example, it is advisable to use a drywall ceiling dimensions are standard - 1.2 * 2.5 m.
They will provide finishing the ceiling plasterboard according to the technology, that is Extension, using the dimensionssheets as efficiently as possible - with the least amount of scraps.
sheets have long across the room, along with the several sheets (in this case 3) require cut in half and adjust to the desired size.Also, when installing the last row of the segments need to trim the sheets in width from 1.2 m to 0.8 m.
As a result, without reserve in the event of marriage, for the headliner drywall will need 8 sheets of standard sizes.
So, we talked about the size of various types of gypsum board ceiling, found out their differences and how, knowing the dimensions of drywall, you can calculate the amount of material required for finishing.We hope our instructions and recommendations will be useful in the selection of materials and execution of the repair.