Wave ceiling plasterboard makes room design unique and memorable.At the same time we still have space to mount lights or hide hidden wiring, ventilation and gas pipe.
article we will understand how such a ceiling mounted.
begin with marking pattern on the ceiling of the wave of the future.
Ceiling - plasterboard wave implies the presence of at least two layers with respect to each other noticeable difference in height.
markup applied ideally twice:
- on the ceiling.Location of future height differential will allow us to more accurately plan the location of profiles and sheets of the first level of the ceiling.
- on a sheet of the first level.It will be attached thereto a profile which forms a curved surface.
The layout and how to apply?
Any curved surface may be composed of arcs - part of a circle.To draw the arc, using any improvised compass.One of the easiest options - fixed profile with s
Tip: even easier way - a combination of self-tapping screws in the ceiling, column and a pencil.Taut string will mark out a circle of radius.
Dougie then connected by straight - and you can proceed to the installation profile.By
method used for marking the waves with a very large radius in large rooms.Mark up a few dozen points, which are connected by a smooth line.
The layout is much more convenient to carry out on the floor.To create a template - use the compass again, steel meter (or just a segment of the profile) and a sheet of cardboard or hardboard as a material pattern .
In this case, the line wave of the future can easily be applied twice - on the floor and the ceiling of the first level.
originally assumed that the wave of plasterboard on the ceiling will have an irregular, asymmetric shape.Therefore, hand-drawn arbitrary curve fit perfectly into the concept;the inevitable flaws are eliminated putty.
difference between waves
average height difference is in the range of 10-15 centimeters.High differential vertical surfaces can be used for extra spotlights;On the other hand, not all height of the room allows such liberties.
minimum height difference is 10-12 millimeters, and achieved stripe consecutive two (or more) sheets of drywall.Even such a minor difference already makes the ceiling volume.
As installed plasterboard ceilings, curved and layered?
- frame of the first level is traditionally .The only subtlety - where will be held the wave profile for plasterboard ceiling mounted more often than usual, at a distance of no more than 40 centimeters from each other.
guided help pre-applied to the overlap of the wave pattern.
Full profile, located closest to the border height difference, is attached to the ceiling hangers more often than others.It is desirable - every two feet.
- ceiling sheets are sewn first level .They need to go abroad wave line.
screws placed every 25 centimeters;near the line of the waves better to stick to a distance of 15 centimeters.
- on the ceiling of the first level is applied to the line marking the boundary of the wave .
- On it is fastened bent profile .For bending it incised on the inner side of the future wave;the inner wall of the U-shaped cut out slot.
Profile attracted to profiles screws ceiling of the first level.Do not forget to pull back from the wave line a distance equal to the thickness of the plasterboard: profile will sew.
Tip: where the profile is not present, it is desirable to put a top on gypsum board pieces of plywood, hardboard, or profile, which will distribute the load and will not allow self-tapping screws to break out of the sheet.
- then mounted on the suspension frame of the ceiling of the second level .The distance between the profiles and suspensions may be standard if a curved plasterboard is a two-level;if you are planning a third level, then the next wave of the line profiles is to mount and mount hangers again more often.
- ceiling stitched .When the cutting sheets leave extra 1-1.5 cm;the final fitting size is better to do after the curved surface to be sewn.
- Through the waves on the ceiling of the second level is fixed lower profile .Just below the top, without any displacement.
connects two Profile uprights desirable only in those cases where the plasterboard has a curved drop height of more than 20 centimeters or edge wave is spaced away from the nearest suspension.
- vertical surfaces are sewn plasterboard .For curved surfaces or use a special arched sheet thickness of 6.5 millimeters, or an ordinary sheet of an incision on the outside of the bend.Notches must be the greater, the smaller the bending radius of the sheet.
Note: when you mount plasterboard - wave may have bends radius of 3-4 meters.
In this case, a sheet richly moistened with water and a few hours attached tautly without incisions.
- Finally, ceilings puttied (see. As a putty plasterboard).It can be used as plaster and acrylic putty.Once they are completely dry, you can move on to the surface of the painting.
Creating curved surfaces requires some skill and at first it may seem complicated.Well, all once it has done the first time.Success in repairs!