Sheathing plasterboard is one of the most popular methods of devices ceilings during repairs, because it allows you to achieve near-perfect flatness of the ceiling surface of the single-level installation of the ceiling and create a variety of interesting designs with design point of view in the regeneration of multi-level ceiling system.
For many in this island becomes a question of what kind of material is best suited for the ceiling surface skin, as there are several types of plasterboard, and, in fact, a sheet of drywall ceiling exists only as a conditional concept, which has only one distinctive feature - the thickness of the ceilingDrywall is always lower than the thickness of the wall material.The rest of each for himself determines how to sheathe plasterboard ceiling.
reader to make it easier to choose the most appropriate for its case for the kind of plasterboard ceiling, illuminating the different types of material as well as to emphasize the characteri
According to the basic classification, there are four basic types of drywall - ordinary gypsum board (GCR), waterproof (gypsum plasterboard), fire (GKLO) and also moisture resistant and fire-resistant sheet (GKLVO) .
Consider the distinctive features of each material in more detail.
Ordinary gypsum board is characterized as follows:
- It is this kind of drywall builders used in the repair of householdpremises, in particular walls and ceilings often.
- material meets all the requirements of reliability, if the operation of the premises does not provide for it high level of humidity and high temperatures.
- When it comes to drywall ceiling paneling, for example, the bathroom, it would be better to use moisture resistant plasterboard ceiling, as under the influence of moisture GCR can lose form.Furthermore, conventional drywall more compared to moisture-exposed mold.
- Regarding the choice of the GCR for headliner, it should touch the sheet thickness 8-9.5 mm (plasterboard wall thickness is selected between 12.5 mm and above), painted in gray color and usually with blue markings.
reducing the thickness of the drywall reduces the weight of both the sheet and made of his designs, which greatly simplifies the installation process and reduces the number of required supplies (profiles and fasteners for the frame), and thus makes the overall construction cheaper.
Moisture resistant plasterboard ceiling
Plasterboard ceiling waterproof are also quite often used in the construction of ceilings, but this mainly concerns the premises where the humidity levelhigher .
The model homes gypsum plasterboard trim ceilings of kitchens and bathrooms, as well as sometimes in the presence of free cash flow, and to choose their living rooms as a means that will lower the damage caused by repairs in the event of a flood from the neighbors above.
similar type of drywall is made of a special water-resistant cardboard and special additives in a cast, virtually eliminates the possibility of moisture absorption material and the mold.
Thus, even a long time in contact with the water and water vapor, moisture resistant plasterboard ceiling does not lose its original shape and stiffness.
Select moisture resistant plasterboard ceiling can be a shade of greenish cardboard and blue markings.
Fireproof plasterboard ceiling
Features fireproof drywall ceiling as follows:
- GKLO ceiling is used, usually in conjunction with wall fireproofmaterial, when it is necessary to increase the level of fire safety facilities .
- in domestic practice, the material is applied rarely, most often they sheathe the walls and ceiling of office space and various storage securities.
- reinforcing agents taking place in fire-resistant gypsum board, allow the material to effectively resist the high temperatures inside the room, as well as an open flame, thus preventing the spread of fire in case of fire.
- Refractory drywall apparently has a pinkish hue, or plain gray, but with a marked red.
moisture-resistant, fire-retardant and GKLVO ceiling gypsum board, as is the case with conventional GCR, it is necessary to choose a more subtle - within 8-9,5mm.
So be summed up that the choice of plasterboard ceiling should depend primarily on the conditions of use of the repaired areas, as well as having low weight for comfortable mounting.Other restrictions in the choice of material is practically not available.