When making the junction of walls and ceiling skirting the most difficult part of the work becomes its fit in the corners.So we decided to tell you how to properly cut the ceiling moldings, a place to get a smooth interface and beautiful.
For this work you need the usual miter box, saw blade, the corresponding material plinth, and a pencil.Skirting boards made of polyurethane foam or easily cut and construction knife with replaceable blades.
How to cut the plinth using
Mitre Mitre is a triangular box made of wood, metal or plastic, in two vertical faces of which are made through the slots at an angle of 90 degrees and 45 (see. The junction of wall and ceiling: how to choose the right ceilingplinth).With miter box made easy cropping ceiling moldings for joining straight sections and design right angles.
Standard rectangular room all corners - internal.Sticker skirting begins with them, so that you can not pay atte
Council.Before how to cut ceiling moldings, you decide which side it will be adjacent to the wall, and what - to the ceiling. It depends on the product and its elevation profile.If the plinth is not symmetrical, the wider its shelf attached to the wall .
- To crop the left corner, set in the baseboard miter box so that the longest part of the left of you, and one that will cut - in the miter box, with a small setting of the rightslot at 45 degrees (see. Ceiling moldings foam: cheap, cheerful and very beautiful).
- That part of the plinth, which will be glued to the ceiling, push the miter box to the bottom, and the one that the wall - press to the near side wall to you.
- Hold the plinth in position, cut through the slot area or building a hacksaw blade.
- second plinth invest in the miter box to the right and move to the left slot at 45 degrees.
- Repeat the steps above.
cut corners in both plinths, push them into a corner is no glue to make sure that the sections are the same.If not, then trim the construction of the knife. Then plinth can be glued .
Council.Experienced finishers advise beginners first fit and glue the plinth in every corner, and then paste between the straight sections.
Outside corners Outside corners are found in areas with internal protrusions or recesses (see. How to make the corner ceiling moldings: recommendations from the masters).If you do not know how to cut off the ceiling moldings, in this case, then we hasten to reassure you. is done in the same way as in the previous case, the only difference is that the left is cut skirting through the left rather than the right slot miter box.That is, from a different angle .
As a result, the part of the plinth, which will be adjacent to the ceiling, you get longer.
proceed similarly to the right skirting: put it in the miter box to the right, pressing to the bottom and the side wall, and cut through the right slot.
Warning! Gluing skirting the outer corner, keep the edge of the bottom of exactly coincided with the edge corner of the wall .
How to cut the plinth, if the angles are not straight
angles in our apartments are very rarely exactly 90 degrees.And in the homes of modern buildings with bay windows and curved walls, they can be sharp and blunt and rounded.In this case, miter box will not solve the question of how to cut the ceiling moldings.What to do?
Fit irregular angles
- Attach plinth to the left wall, right next to the ceiling - as it should be glued.And pencil swipe across the top of the plinth, drawing a line on the ceiling.
- Repeat this procedure to attach a plinth corner on the other side.
- Now take two plinths, and alternately applying them to the corner of the two sides, transfer to them a label formed by the intersection of the lines.
- Connect the label to the opposite corner moldings.
- Put the plinth on a flat hard surface, pressing it to her by the party, which will be attached to the wall.And cut off the corner of the building with a knife on the drawn line, holding it vertically.
similarly executed and external corners.
There is also another way of skirting dock at the corners without cutting the ends.To do this, you need to buy special places that are simply glued to the corner, and to them the two sides attach themselves cut factory floor.
Docking plinth in the rounded corners
most difficult question: how to trim moldings ceiling, if the angle is rounded?
may then need to mess, cut into several pieces of skirting length of 3-5 cm, depending on the radius of curvature. Then each piece will need to be cut on both sides so that its lower part was wider than the upper .
Warning!So should do for the decoration of the inner radius.For outdoor contrary wider should be the top.
Each piece is glued in place only after adjustment for him next.
Conclusion We have tried, as detailed as possible to illuminate task ahead of us. But still advise you more and see how to trim the ceiling moldings - video on this page will help you understand in more detail .
Our advice before you start to work, practice on unnecessary scraps skirting, so as not to spoil the good stuff.