theme of this article - the ventilation ceiling grate.Why do they need?As it should be directed air flow?From what materials they are made and how to mount?Let us try to understand this.
Why ventilation grilles are needed in the ceiling?
and industrial, and residential buildings ventilation perform essential functions :
- Removes polluted air with low oxygen content, replacing it with fresh outdoor air.
- Lowers humidity .Exhaled air contains water vapor;vaporizes the water surface of the human body, in the preparation of food, washed the floor and a lot of other objects.
case of insufficient ventilation moisture drops of condensation on the surface with the lowest temperature.Consequences - a fungus and mold, collapsing floors and walls, falling plaster and rotting beams.
ventilation in case of strong smoke or gas pollution can be supply and exhaust;but it is more commonly used in the implementation of a simple ventila
Thus it selects the air in the upper part of the room.
Why?Because it is hot air tends upward;Evaporation of the plate, the exhalation air has a higher temperature than the atmosphere in the room.
Suspended ceilings of various types often cover the air ducts.For the efficient operation of ventilation in the ceiling clearance is required, through which the air will get into the space between the ceiling and the ceiling (see. Ceiling Fan with Light - an alternative to air conditioning).
It suspended ceiling and need, as a rule, ventilation grille ceiling .It covers the ventilation hole in the ceiling, providing a decent appearance of the surface.
Note: In addition, the lattice ceiling vent are often designed to restrict access to the room of rodents and insects from the air ducts.Of course, in this case it is important that the rest of the ceiling surface had cracks and gaps.
What can be made of ceiling air vents?
Steel lattice often used in industrial buildings and warehouses .Steel with its corrosion - not the best choice in terms of aesthetics and is designed to prevent unauthorized entry into the room through ventilation.
In these areas ventilation represents bounding box of galvanized iron with a powerful centrifugal fan on the street.Air intake closed the coarse grid, which is mounted on the welding or screws.
Aluminium Aluminium Ceiling Ventilating favorably with steel that is not prone to corrosion .At the same time the aesthetics of performance can be at the highest level.
Aluminium - a unique choice where need protection from rodents.Rats easily gnaw through plastic and wood, but metal is too tough for them.
Plastic Plastic ceiling air vents are made usually of polyvinyl chloride (PVC, vinyl).Their main advantage - low prices.In addition, plastic is easy to manufacture an arbitrary color;while the dye is added to the vinyl before its solidification (see. PVC Ceiling tiles: how to choose and stick?).
What gives? Ceiling ventilation grills, plastic, even for minor surface defects (scratches, microcracks, chips) retain their color .Defects have a short distance almost imperceptible.
It makes plastic more often lattice - blinds.A simple mechanism for driving the plastic edges can adjust the permeability of the grid.
Tip: it adjusts the ventilation grills, plastic ceiling will be the best choice if your home is cold in the winter.Ventilation is often carries more heat than is desirable in the cold.
size, shape and mounting method
- round air vents are most often used in the case where the surface of the ceiling duct displayed.The diameter of the arrays corresponding to a standard duct diameters: 100, 150, 200 millimeters.Lifts are usually serrated foot-braces made of galvanized steel.
- rectangular lattice ceiling ventilation - plastic and aluminum - made as a cut-and patch.In the first case the same mounting steel struts that of the previous type;Second - fastening screws, which are hidden under the decorative frame.
sizes can range from 10x15 to 50x100 centimeters (cm. The wooden beams on the ceiling: a stylish solution for the interior).
- square lattices have two options mentioned attachment adds another: laying into the cassette ceiling.Of course, in this case we need standard dimensions.Thus, the ventilation grille ceiling Armstrong is the square of the size 595h595 mm.
General rules are simple and clear: ventilation grille should be integrated into the design of the room and have a capacity of not less than that of air.Have a good selection!