most common repair in the room accompanied by the implementation of finishing the ceiling.Today there are many ways to do this job.Apart from the traditional whitewash or paint, you can use options such as wallpapering, special ceiling tiles or installing a suspended ceiling, or tension.But before you start to finish, you need to think about how to clean the ceiling of the old paint or whitewash (see. How to clean the ceiling of the whitewash: effective options)
Often used for painting the ceiling latex paint.To remove old paint, made just such a paint, have patience. should immediately tune the process of removing the ink quite difficult and leads to the formation of a large amount of garbage .But neglect this stage of the work can not be, otherwise no one can guarantee that the new finish will keep for a long time and to please the eye with their beauty.
What may be required for the job?
To clean the ceiling of the old layer of paint on the bas
- Sustainable stepladder , which will be easy to reach the ceiling.
- wide metal spatula .
- roller on a long and better telescopic pole.
- cuvette wetting roller.
- brush with metal bristles .
- Drill with special grinding cup.
- wallpaper paste or cooked paste .
- old newspaper or plastic film .
- Remedies - glasses and respirator .
Normal (nevodostoykaya) paint can be easily removed from the ceiling, if it is pre-soak.This was mentioned in the article How to wash whitewash from the ceiling: surface preparation.
This can be done in the following ways:
- Pour into a bowl or other suitable container water (preferably warm).Prepare a foam roller on a long handle.Dampening cushion in the basin, place it on the ceiling.After wetting the surface, wait 10 minutes to paint soaked with water, then proceed to the removal.
- wetting can be accomplished using a conventional water spray,
Tip!It is not necessary to moisten with water once the whole surface of the ceiling, or it will have time to dry until it comes to a place.Handle ceiling convenient small plots.
soaked paint can be quite easily removed with a metal spatula.If some portion of the paint can not be, wet paint layer separately.And if that does not help, clean the ceiling with a wire brush.
What if the paint on the ceiling of water-resistant?
addition to the usual water-based paint, there is also water-resistant.Such material is often used to stain the ceiling in the kitchen or in the bathroom, as in this room higher humidity.
If the ceiling is painted with waterproof paint, then use the above method does not help to remove the old layer.The paint does not swell if its just to moisten with water.Therefore it is necessary to resort to other methods of treatment.
The first method - the use of a wire brush
example a wire brush to remove paint
- the entire surface of the ceiling is necessary to thoroughly clean with a wire brush.Hard villi left numerous scratches on the paint layer, through which water can penetrate to the inner layers.
- Now you need plenty of warm water to cover the ceiling, using a roller, sponge or large brush.
- let the water soak for 10-15 minutes, then repeat the operation again, causing plenty of water on the surface.
- Now you need to open windows and doors to the room formed a draft.After this treatment, the paint will start to swell and keep up with rags.
- After this treatment, you can proceed with the removal of the old coating with a spatula.
second method - the use of glue or wallpaper paste
- will need to purchase the easiest and cheapest wallpaper paste and dilute it according to the instructions given by the manufacturer.You can cook the flour instead of glue or starch paste, or use diluted PVA glue.
- wallpaper paste should be applied to the ceiling and immediately stick to his newspaper or sheets of wrapping paper.The paper must be well mess up on the ceiling with a sponge or plastic spatula.Give wallpaper glue to dry thoroughly.
- After the glue dries, you can begin the removal of the paper.Having hooked edge of the sheet paper, be careful to tear it from the ceiling, helping himself with a spatula.A layer of old paint comes off with the newspaper.
- After removing the paper, inspect the ceiling and clean up the places where the paint is not completely shot.
third way - Mechanized
If the home worker in the arsenal of a drill with a special nozzle, then remove the paint from the ceiling will be quite easy and fast.The only drawback of this method - a lot of dust, which is formed in the process.
Instead drills for mechanized cleaning of the ceiling of the paint can be used belt sander.
fourth way - thermal
If a thick layer of paint, it is best to use the method of thermal treatment .To do this, use the building hair dryer - a device that generates a stream of hot air.
Using a hair dryer, heat the ink layer should be on a small section of the ceiling.Under the influence of the temperature of the layer of paint to crack and begins to move away from the plate.You can then quite easily expanded remove paint layer with a spatula.
Once the base layer of paint is removed, must be well to examine the ceiling and make cleaning those places where the paint has been removed completely.You can use a large sandpaper or steel wool.
Then, the surface of the ceiling is recommended to wash thoroughly with water using a sponge or a foam roller.This will help remove dust, precipitated at the plate.After drying, the ceiling will be possible to carry out further finishing work, the next step is polishing the ceiling.
Conclusions We have examined several ways to remove paint from the ceiling.Which one is better used to solve handyman.The choice depends on the size of the room, the time that a master and the availability of the required tools.