stains on the ceiling often appear in our apartment or house.This unpleasant moment disturbs many people.Especially if after the recent repair on your white ceilings they arise from nowhere.Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to deal with this phenomenon, and this article is designed to help you get rid of the stains on the ceiling.
To begin to tell you where all the same spots appear, because there may be several kinds.This will help to better understand how to remove yellow stains from the ceiling and how to prevent their occurrence in the future.
In most cases appear from the use of oil paints.More recently, it was considered a very beautiful painted ceiling of such paints, they have created a durable and easy-care surface.The problem of our time is the fact that oil paints deeply impregnated with the surface, and even after washing from the ceiling complete the oil eventually emerges on the surface.To delete a spot on the ceilin
- I think there will be more than a long description of their appearance, because many people are faced with them.Someone leaked the roof, others flooded neighbors above, this leads to the fact that the ceiling after drying remains a large yellow stain.With this type of stain to fight a lot easier than with fatty stains from oil paints.
- for new houses and apartments are quite rare spots.They are formed due to corrosion of pipes and fittings in the ceiling where the rust goes through the concrete to the surface of the ceiling.Normal brushing latex paint will not help.If you have these spots, do not waste energy and money on multiple layers of paint, because to fully get rid of them, you need to prepare the surface properly.
- most unpleasant of all.They not only spoil the appearance of your ceiling, but also greatly injurious to health and can cause allergies.The fight against them is difficult and seldom does a simple repair the surface on which the fungus was formed.But even with him you can fight, because in today's market given a fairly wide range of tools to remove it.
Due to the fact that the stains on the ceiling can be of different origin, it is logical to assume that their solutions are also different.What to do with the spots and how to eliminate these "blots" spoiling our view of the ceiling.
Oil stains from oil stains, as mentioned earlier, is quite difficult to get rid of.
In this regard, they are generally not removed, but simply a "block."
- Before you remove the stains on the ceiling, remove all layers of old paint and whitewash with a spatula.To remove a layer of old paint, you can use a stripper that will greatly facilitate the task.To do this, apply a wash on the surface of the ceiling with the help of a broad brush, and after 20 minutes the paint softens.Delete all with a spatula.
Tip: To facilitate the work of a small spatula to attach the stick, thereby lengthening the handle.
trowel with a handle can be operated with both hands, and at some distance from the ceiling.
This will not only increase the power of pressure, but also prevent the shedding of plaster on the face.
- surface stain or paint nitro nitrovarnish.This creates a water and oil resistant film is suitable for further processing.To make sure the paint can be applied in several layers, but note that each new layer should be applied only after complete drying of the previous one.
- Edit place universal paint primer to improve adhesion with filler.
- Align surface filler and then sanded with sandpaper.
- entire ceiling surface should be de-dusted with a damp sponge and you can start painting.
Tip: Grease stains on the stretch ceilings are washed with a soft lint-free cloth or sponge with detergent for dishes.
very often face with such stained yellow apartment dwellers.As you might guess, this refers to cases when neighbors from above forget to turn off the faucet in the bathroom.Also in the old apartments water and sanitation is poor and leaks are frequent.
not have this problem, and residents of private homes as rainwater or melting snow pass through the old roof.Subsequently formed spots that even after repeated spackling and painting still show through on the surface.
How to display yellow spots on the ceiling.
- From the ceiling to remove whitewash and paint layer .
- spot prior to further processing is necessary to discolor .Prepare a few sponges and a small container of "whiteness."
- soaked sponge into the "white" attach it to a spot on the ceiling .This process should be repeated as long as there will be no trace of yellow.While working sponge will absorb everything in itself and darken, and when it will be much dirty, replace it with a new one.
- then the treatment site should be carefully and dry you can begin spackling and painting .
the rust stains
appearance of this type of stain due to the corrosion of valves and pipes inside the old floors.In most cases, they are "out" to the ceiling along with flooding, because of rust on metal needed moisture.
The display yellow spots on the ceiling:
- Processing of copper sulfate.
This method has many supporters and is used quite often.At the same time opponents of this method there is certainly more, they say that after this treatment spots eventually returned.
- «Dressing Duckling."
Human ingenuity has no bounds.In the struggle with spots, some people have tried to use the "toilet duck" with the function of rust removal.It is alleged that this method is very effective and does not leave stains.
mold and mildew on the ceiling contribute to two factors - humidity and stale air.Therefore, before embarking on the fight against the fungus, it is necessary to think about changing the ventilation system in the apartment.In most cases, the fungus appears in the winter on cold walls where condensation such places need to insulate.After all, no matter what you will eliminate fungal spots, make sure that they were not able to appear again.Otherwise, all your work will go down the drain.
How to remove yellow stains on the ceiling of the fungus.
- Wall washed well with a damp cloth.
- Edit copper sulfate, but rather specific antifungal agents.If the fungus on the ceiling for a long time, it will only burn the full mycelium blowtorch.
- primer, putty, sanding, painting.
spots after painting
stains on the ceiling after painting produced as a result of violations of technology spackling and painting, namely:
- otshpaklevannoy surface heterogeneity when the gaps are visible in different layers of putty;
- use of "dark" fillers;
- long breaks between all stages of spackling and painting;
- wrong technology spackling and painting;
- also spot after painting the ceiling, if you are using incongruous types of soil and paint for the ceiling.
In conclusion, I say the most important thing.No matter what your spots and what you'll handle them, to eliminate the main cause of their appearance, because no tool will not help if the roof leaks, or the neighbor constantly dripping from the pipe.The spots are not the worst, in extreme cases, it can be a suspension or suspended ceiling.