plastic paneling on the ceiling is fixed, as a rule, for finishing bathrooms, balconies and loggias, and other generally non-residential premises, where it is necessary to create a practical, neat and not fearful of moisture surface.Less trim clapboard ceilings in the kitchen, apparently preferring a little more attractive plastic panels.In the living room - living rooms, bedrooms, etc.- This finish is considered to be simply irrelevant.
Decorating the porch ceiling, gazebo, porch plastic lining is a normal practice, and how to perform such a finish we will explain in this article.
Preparation tools and supplies
tool for finishing the ceiling plastic lining
ceiling of the plastic lining is manufactured using the following set of tools:
- Jigsaw or hacksaw trees have.Ideally, you should have both one and the other tools, since cutting the plastic panels lining along easily with a hacksaw, while the cross cutting is easier to perform a jigsaw.
also need a jigsaw cutting boards for the device frame.
- electric shock.
- Screwdriver or screwdriver.
- Building stapler.
Calculation of lining up at the ceiling
Lining is usually implemented in the form of separate panels of 6m long, but if you know the size you want, the store can directly cut into suitable pieces of material.
required amount of material is calculated from the area of the ceiling sheathe.If, for example, the surface dimensions 3 * 4 m, and the width of one panel lining is 20 cm, it will be expedient to cut panels 6-meter half and sheathing roof width.
then the minimum number of panels needed to trim the ceiling is 10 pcs (10 * 2 = 20 segments; 20 * 0.2 m = 4 m).
In a similar algorithm to calculate the amount of lining concrete area taken.
always necessary to provide 20% of the stock material to the case of rejection, the presence of scraps, etc.
Calculation of wooden beams
Wooden beams required for the construction of the carcass structure (crates), is chosen more often section 20 * 30 mm.Usually it is screwed to the overlap in the direction perpendicular to the planned finish of the ceiling paneling.Step between the bars placed in the range of 1 m.
If we again go back to the example of the ceiling 3 * 4 m, is planned as the battens placed parallel 3-meter wall, therefore, need to have parallel bars 4 meters.
3 m width required 4 bar at a pace of 1m between them.But since the 4-meter-long timber sale does not occur, you have to buy 8 pieces 2 m each.
You will also need some additional support materials:
screws and dowels .Their size and number is usually dependent on the curvature of the ceiling.In fixing the 1st 2-foot timber will take at least 5 pairs of screws and dowels.
recommend using screws and dowels length of 50-120 mm (screw must be in the overlap when attaching the timber for at least 30 mm).
- Ceiling decorative plastic moldings .The total length of the strips should be equal to the perimeter of the plinth ceiling, plus a small margin.Instead
plinth can be used an ordinary L-profile.
- Staples for construction stapler.
Instructions headlining plastic lining
Molded plastic mounted on the ceiling as follows:
- removed from the ceiling of an old fragile finish, if any, and if it keeps well, removal may be omitted.
- in bars drilled holes for screws with a pitch of about 0.5 m. The increased moisture in the wood trim indoors should be protected with varnish, lacquer or paint.
- Krepjat beams on the ceiling.For this is applied to them and the future site of a hole in the tool bar is projected onto the overlap using the hammer drill.
drill selected according to the diameter dowels.Make a hole in the ceiling, attach the boards to the ceiling by inserting the plugs into the holes and screwing them with screws.
- In the process of fixing boards control, to be located in one plane.By having to put them under any stiffeners (eg wooden wedges) suitable thickness.
overwhelm even the one board is impossible, otherwise the whole curvature of the blade will then be clearly visible.
- after mounting the frame start to trim the ceiling paneling.The first step along the perimeter of the ceiling fixed plinth stapler or L-profile to the timber.
- Next one wide end (with a spike) is inserted into the panel lining in the plinth, the other end (with the slot) while the stapler is attached to each timber.
Mount stapler perform at the top of the slot.
- then inserted spike next panel into the groove of the first, and from the slot again to make mounting crate.
Similarly, clapboard siding is just the ceiling.
- last panel, you may need to trim the width of the bit, and then carefully insert it into the plinth on the other side of the ceiling.
- Upon completion sheathed clapboard ceiling surface thoroughly washed, using lukewarm soapy water and a soft cloth (sponge).
ceilings of plastic lining is quite simple in design, and is usually not difficult to mount their own hands.
It's just a great option in terms of practicality and durability, so not too fastidious in terms of the attractiveness of the premises it is recommended to use this type of finish.