are going to repair their homes, many owners are interested in modern technology, in particular, that such a fabric ceilings, and what they are better or worse than the elastic and smooth film.
In practice, referring to the companies engaged in the manufacture and installation of suspended ceilings, many customers heard about the high cost of tissue products, their impracticality etc .
example, that once dismantling a ceiling, it can not be set back, as opposed to the ceilings of PVC film (see. What better ceilings or PVC fabric: tips for choosing). And while modestly silent about the fact that customers can :
- install fabric suspended ceiling with his hands, because the fabric does not need to warm up before installation;
- thanks to a special impregnation of tissue, cause any photographic image or picture ;
- repaint the ceiling of a cloth up to 5 times during the operation.
History of stretch ceilings
The principle of creating a smooth ceiling with a cloth has long been known .In Ancient Egypt, the builders were soaked a canvas painting in lime mortar and stretches it to the ceiling.
After drying, painting "sinking" and acquire a smooth shape. Later this stretch fabric ceiling painted according to local customs and religious dogmas .
In the centuries that followed this principle furnish religious objects caught in European countries, where the ceilings on the basis of tissue used in the decoration of public and commercial buildings, cathedrals, the Town Hall and in the homes of noblesnobles (see. What better ceilings or PVC fabric: tips for choosing).
But technological advances in the 60s of the last century :
- offer new and unique materials that have become the starting point for designers;
- forced to rethink the very principle of everything even and smooth ceiling without long and tedious work.
attempts to create a textile fabric of synthetic fibers led to the emergence of a new material - polyester fabric, which for more resemblance to the canvas become impregnated with resin on one side (see. Installation instructions of suspended ceilings - film and tissue).This resulted in the basis for applying the high-quality images.
use in advertising
If this surface, apply a drawing or photograph, it will be resistant to atmospheric agents, to sunlight and temperature changes.
These parameters are not left without attention of advertisers, and today actively polyester fabric used for the production of outdoor advertising :
- flags, pennants;
- banners and stretch marks;
- banners, advertising paintings, etc.
Interior designers also turned their attention to the new material. But before you get into the details, let's see what the fabric suspended ceiling in the modern sense . Firstly, the fabric produced on the basis of polyester fabrics - it :
- elegant and beautiful material;
- creating a perfectly flat surface;
- having a relatively light weight (weight1 sq.m. not bolee250 grams);
- easy to install.
Tip: how simple and easy to install stretched fabric ceilings - video on our homepage allows installers to verify this for everyone.
Secondly, the cloth ceiling has all consumer qualities, extendable premises. For example, the German textile ceilings are among the best in this regard, in particular :
- for their production uses only environmentally friendly materials;
- they are fireproof (nonflammable);
- not conduct electricity (insulators);
- breathing (air is passed through the fiber);
- moisture resistance (retains moisture), etc.
Fabric ceilings are significant differences in installation compared with cheaper PVC films.In particular, for installation at the customer around the room also mounted baguettes, however, the material is not heated, so that it was stretched.
to install ceiling fabric used wedge clamping system.It implies a tension ceiling paintings and its fixation, prevents the formation of wrinkles or sagging.
Mounting fabric ceiling is simple, in contrast to the PVC films, and consists of the following steps :
- screwed on the perimeter of the ceiling moldings, having a wall and ceiling mounting;
- edge blade factory in a baguette so that acted out 5-10 cm of tissue;
- using a plastic wedge into the notch of the working profile of baguette, canvas fixed;
- on the opposite side of the room doing the same action, seeking tension fabric;
- evenly stretching and fixing the fabric, achieve a smooth surface of the ceiling;
- with a sharp knife cut off the edge of fabric and decorative baguette closed plinth.
reference: wedge clamping system is ideal for rooms with high humidity: toilets and bathrooms, swimming pools, kitchens, dressing room and rest rooms in the sauna.
If you are not sure that before you quality fabric ceilings - the video you can watch on the Internet, shows the features, which can determine the originality.
example, cutting a line with the text applied to protect against counterfeiting is present on all products of the German manufacturer Descor.
Conclusion: as you can see from the article, with a strong desire can be installed fabric ceilings with their hands.Moreover, that method of attachment and the lack of heat guns contribute to the ease of installation.Yes, and its parameters fabric ceilings much preferred analogues of PVC films.