chilled ceiling systems are new in the field of air conditioning and an optimal climate in general.One example of this type of systems are cold ceilings Clina, working quietly and takes up little space, unlike conventional air conditioners and split systems.
How does the cold ceilings, as well as other features of this innovative means of our article will tell.
Operating principle cold ceilings
cooling ceiling systems are nothing more than the practical and aesthetic alternative to traditional air conditioning.Their effectiveness is due to the fact that by means of radiant heat transfer than air cooling in the room and the objects in it immediately available, including humans.
consider in detail the principle of operation of the cooling ceilings:
- The ceiling surface is inserted into the special mats , which are made of capillary 4.3 mm in diameter.Step install pipes in the mat is 10-30 mm.
- cool water, which is the main agent of heat is circulated through the capillary tube and maintains the desired temperature difference, providing air-conditioning facilities.
- slight distance between the capillary tubes and their parallel arrangement helps to ensure that the temperature is evenly distributed across the cooling surface.
- cooling process such ceiling mat occurs at 60% due to the cooling of the radiant type, and 40% by natural convection.
- As is known, warm air due to its low weight (compared to cold) rises.Under the ceiling, he comes into contact with the cooling mats, its share is growing, and the cooled air descends evenly over the surface of the room.
Tip!Cooling chilled ceilings recommended for use in areas with high demands on the absence of drafts.
- Regarding radiative cooling, it is based on the ability of hot objects (including human skin) give off heat cooler.
- Operating temperature of water in the cold mats ceilings equals +16 .. + 18 degrees and is controlled by the chiller.Water circulation is provided by specially designed for this pump.
Thus, cold ceiling consists of the following components:
- capillary mats;
- circulation pump;
- pipeline network;
- of valves;
- control and automation systems.
See also an article about the headliner lining.
ways to use capillary mats in cold ceilings
Installing drywall on mats or concrete slab
Minor diameter of the tubes, and the minimum weight of a water-filled, allows the installation of capillarymats directly on the surface of the plasterboard ceiling or a concrete foundation.Thus, the capillary tube mats and inlet pipes can be hidden in a plasterboard ceiling zapotolochnoe space, while themselves mats can be withdrawn through the slots in the plasterboard sheet to the ceiling surface.
cold ceiling mount mats made using stainless steel brackets directly to the surface of the drywall. Thereafter mats cover plaster layer of 8-15 mm thickness.In such a design capacity of the cooling system is approximately 85W / m2.
capillary mats flexibility allows them to be mounted on the ceilings of almost any complexity - arched, angled, multi-level.
Cassette cooling ceiling
Regardless of the type, any metal ceiling cassette can be converted to cold.This method is used to integrate the cassette capillary mats.Mounting mats in this case is performed by the overlap.In this constructive embodiment net power of cold ceiling is highest and is approximately 95W / m2.
Tip!As the cold coffered ceiling are easily collapsible, access plenums remains as easy.Therefore, if necessary, supplement or subtraction of cooling power, remove or mount additional mats is easy and convenient.
Read also the article about installing PVC panels to the ceiling.
Energy Efficiency cold ceiling
With air-conditioning cold ceiling can not only save valuable space premises, but also expended their energy cooling:
- In conventional air conditioning chillers prepare refrigerant temperature +7 degrees (liquid) or +10 degrees (air).The cold water temperature ceiling does not fall below +16 degrees .Through this chiller spends 20-30% less power when the same amount of refrigerant processed.
- In addition, traditional systems of cooling of the cold (about 35%) is spent on the condensation of moisture present in the air (latent heat).Cooling ceilings are deprived of this disadvantage.
- also energy costs chilled ceilings is not included electricity consumed for drive fans, which are available in standard indoor units of air conditioners.
So, we found that such a cooling ceiling, and what is the principle of its operation.The introduction of such a new idea for our market has not yet found a broad response.However, the efficiency and effectiveness of the system likely will soon change the way our people about cold ceilings and make them much more popular.
Read also the article about the structure of the false ceiling plasterboard.