Armstrong type ceilings are often used in modern construction.Sometimes they establish private landlords, but, nevertheless, they are popular in the interiors of large industrial centers, shopping facilities, various types of institutions.
fact that the ceilings Armstrong specifications, which meet most of the items safer, faster and easier to install in large areas.
advantages and features of
they represent a modular system consisting of frame and panels made of pressed mineral wool.Therefore, its installation is extremely quick and easy.
from the general advantages it is worth noting the excellent moisture resistance, good sound-absorbing characteristics, fire safety and ease of maintenance.If we look in more detail, we can note the following.
What they should choose
- flexibility and light weight of the suspended ceiling.
- Small, convenient size fragments.
- No need for subsequent paint finishes, because the material is already painted and ready for use.
- ease and speed of installation.
- Excellent sound absorbing properties, which makes it possible to significantly reduce the noise in the room.
- retains heat well, so the heat losses are minimal.
- non-flammable material, which reduces the risk of fire many times.
- possibility of wiring systems engineering.
- No need to perfect alignment of the main ceiling before installing the suspension.
- Easy to install virtually any type of lighting fixtures.
- Large selection of designs, including the division of space into zones of different types.
- variety of colors and patterns on the plates.
What should be taken into account
It should be noted that the plates are available in three basic types edges.
- Teqular, SLT , where the region has a wide step.Plates are mounted to the system, having a width of 24 mm.
- Board, SQ , this plate having a straight edge mounted in a width of 24 mm.
- Microlook, FL , edge boards have a narrow stair.They are installed in the system width of 15 mm.
Attention!Accordingly, there are two types of suspension systems - T-15 and T-24.These systems are made of white color, but can be ordered finish you require color or shade.
In detail, the suspended ceiling Armstrong specifications, which deserve special attention, it will be essential in large ceiling areas, because, first of all have a small weight, which is important for security.
For example, plasterboard counterparts weigh much more, which will not meet the safety requirements in large buildings.And assembling them will be very difficult.
Read also the instructions for repair of suspended ceilings.
- sound insulation properties. sound changes when switching between common premises: 3 = & lt; 30 dB;4 = 30 & lt; dB & lt; 35;5 = & gt; 35dB.
- sound absorbing properties. With the passage of the air flow and the resonating sound energy is converted into heat 3 = & lt; 0.45;4 = 0.45≤αw & lt; 0.65;5 = & gt; 0.65.
- resistance to moisture.Plates not sag when moisture: 1 = 70%;2 = 90%;3 = 95%;4 = 100%.
- Reflective function. The percentage of light reflected by the surface of the material: 1 = & lt; 75;2 = 75≤% & lt; 85;3 = ≥85.
- hygienic characteristics. Armstrong Ceiling Systems are recommended for areas where hygiene requirements particularly high - electronic industry, pharmaceutical companies, health care and so on.
- Opportunity care surface with a damp sponge and a mild detergent.
- Good thermal conductivity of the material and the ability to resist the passage of heat through it.
- ability to set such ceilings, specially treated against mold, fungi and microbes .
- plates Dimensions in mm - 600 × 600 × 600 mm and 1200 mm.
- Color - standard white as options - black, chrome, gold, metallic, etc..
- thickness slabs - 15 mm, 20 mm and 24 mm.
- type locks - tselnoshtampovannyh or brass.
Weight plates themselves (4/6 kg / m²) , as well as the weight of the suspended ceiling frame - small, which allows you to install the system on the ceilings in buildings with a large surface area.The average load is usually from 6.5kg / m² to 10 kg / m².
The frame is made of aluminum or plastic, so very easy, with the necessary strength.Cassettes are attached by means of hangers, which further facilitates the weight of the entire construction.
Embedded hardware adds a bit of the total weight.Therefore, it is necessary to take into account the additional weight that will create lamps, fire fighting equipment, alarm and so on.
Installation of the system is required to begin after the liner all communications.
Attention!The distance from the ground to the ceiling suspension is made with regard to the size of lighting fixtures, and consideration should be given access in the future to repair or replacement liner service systems.
Read also about the features vaulted ceilings.Scope
So, it is clear that a suspended ceiling Armstrong has the characteristics that are most suitable for office buildings and commercial premises.
- cafes and restaurants;
- schools and kindergartens;
- technical area;
- warehouses and more - that the scope of this ceiling system.
Due to hygiene and high moisture resistance such permissible ceilings installed in areas with high humidity.Pool, kitchen, terrace, toilets and baths - where there is a sufficiently large difference in temperature and humidity.
Extremely easy installation, low cost and minimal material costs make the system very popular at Armstrong Building and reconstruction works.
Read also about the design features suspended ceilings.