can say that it is the advent of a new era of drywall in the interior decoration.This material is used in the decoration of the walls, creating slopes, niches and built-in furniture.From it erect walls and false fireplaces.But the design has become very popular with plasterboard ceilings.
Plasterboard is sometimes called dry plaster for its ability to quickly and without too much dirt to equalize any surface.But it is not only the dignity of this material.
What good drywall
Speaking of the drywall as a material for finishing the ceiling, you can select it and the general design advantages over other types of finishes.
This material has important advantages such as:
- heat and sound insulation properties.
- affordable price.
These properties drywall made him one of the most popular finishing materials used to create residential interiors.
- Making drywall ceilings can create a flat and fairly rigid surface, hiding under an all irregularities and defects in load-bearing floors.
- The design of the drywall is installed without problems integrated lighting and HVAC equipment.
- water impregnated with drywall, it can give almost any curved shape.This feature allows you to create interesting spatial design on the ceiling.
- drywall surface is easily to different types of finishes - painting, wallpapering, putting images on the surface, etc.
- frame construction allows you to combine plasterboard with other facing materials.
Not surprisingly, the material having such capabilities, is widely used for solving design problems.
How to make the ceiling drywall
In a nutshell, do not tell, how can design the ceiling plasterboard, because maybe a lot of different options.But try to describe the general principles.
Create multi-level designs
very unusual and original solutions to design suspended ceilings are obtained using only one of drywall.The most common option - one-level flat ceiling.But you can beat the color and texture of the surface, drawing on her drawing or application.
However, if the room height allows, will look much more interesting than the more complex designs.
- Duplex plasterboard .Most often performed in a rectangular box or figure on the perimeter of the room in which are embedded spotlights.
But there are other options to select individual zones or create an interesting decorative element in the center of the ceiling.
- Multilevel ceilings plasterboard worthy look in large rooms with high ceilings .
They literally saving the interior of boredom and monotony.But creating such designs requires accurate calculation and good taste, or they may be too unwieldy and pretentious.
Creating a combined ceiling
The fact that the drywall can be combined with many other types of finishing, we have already spoken.
Now consider this opportunity in more detail.
- With the advent of tension ceilings combining them with drywall construction has become very popular .
most common variant - the lower level of the drywall, the top - tensioning the canvas.Or vice versa.But there are more complex multi-level structure.And
decoration plasterboard ceilings often serves not only as an element of decor, but also as a way to flush mounting of various engineering systems and equipment.
- Plasterboard ceilings can be easily combined with other suspension systems with open and closed frame.These include rack and cassette (modular) ceilings, ceiling panels or MDF wood clapboard.
- in plasterboard can be incorporated various inserts - mirrors, glass, acrylic, etc.
- quite common and a reception as decoration gypsum ceiling polyurethane decorative elements - moldings, rosettes, tiling plaster moldings.
very original look and false beams on the ceiling, especially if the interior is decorated in a country style or Provence.
options with lighting
Compared with stucco ceilings, which can only be installed overhead and hanging lamps, suspended plasterboard ceilings allow greater freedom of choice.Even a simple single-level design - is the ability to embed them in any number of spotlights.
And if to think of ways to make the entire project and the ceiling hidden or open niches, we can achieve a stunning effect using LED Strip or linear fluorescent lamps.
attention.Lighting can perform a purely decorative function, acting as a light-music at parties or muted lighting, allowing you to relax in a pleasant shade.
Hidden lights hidden in niches can create an amazing three-dimensional effect of weightlessness ceiling.
If you need some good lighting zones over them can be built into the ceiling bright rotating lights or lamps with adjustable along the length of the suspension.
Conclusion Making the ceiling plasterboard - it is one of the most inexpensive ways to trim ceiling that will make your home warmer, cozier, quieter and safer.However, it is possible to realize the most incredible ideas and create an interior with individual character.