- Classification linoleum
- classification structure
- homogeneous or heterogeneous
- Another classification
Linoleum, despite the abundance of other materials for finishingfloor, still in demand.This is due to the fact that it is very sturdy, durable and cheap.Additionally, there are varieties of linoleum, which look quite attractive.By the way, this species cover a lot, and it can be classified according to different criteria.
Existing types of linoleum can be classified into:
- nature of the substrate;
- presence of insulation;
Classification linoleum composition
linoleum composition depends on the basics of the substance, which was laid as a carrier.Linoleum can be made from different materials, and future depends on the material properties.
Linoleum on the basis of polyvinyl chloride has a number of advantages and disadvantages.
- Among the advantages of such material should be noted his excellent insulating properties.It can also serve as a sound insulator.Using this type of linoleum, you can be absolutely sure that it is eco-friendly and safe for health.The material can be used successfully even in institutions.
- Among the disadvantages of linoleum on the basis of polyvinyl chloride should be noted his fragility.It is susceptible to coarsening.Often the edges of the material can warp and bend.Drawing on the surface quickly tarnishes.Low temperatures such linoleum is strictly contraindicated, since it can just crack.After a lifetime of material gives a very large shrinkage.
Alkyd linoleum - excellent modern material which is quite popular.However, having decided to lay it must first comply with all safety precautions.
Among the advantages of linoleum alkyd its environmental friendliness, as well as thermal insulation properties.
based on nitrocellulose
Linoleum on nitrocellulose
- Linoleum on the basis of nitrocellulose has one major drawback, which it is necessary to remember that it is prone to fire.In general, this material is very sensitive to temperature changes.
- Benefits - an attractive and aesthetic appearance.These varieties of linoleum shine, they can be distinguished at a glance.Also, the material is resistant to moisture.
This linoleum has such advantages as resistance to various adverse factors, elasticity and strength.However, no sane person would not use it in his apartment.Because this material is simply dangerous to health.Of course, the damage it causes at once.But because the linoleum is the man for years.
homogeneous or heterogeneous
homogeneous linoleum Properties linoleum not exhausted its basic composition.Of great importance is the homogeneity or heterogeneity of the material.
- homogeneous linoleum - a material of uniform composition.Heterogeneous
- coating may have top and bottom layer, which affect its quality and properties.
structure of residential linoleum
There is another classification, where the types of linoleum are divided according to their use in domestic or office space.
This kind of material is ideal for home and for office space.Linoleum home is of two kinds.
- Usually this category grade linoleum made on the basis of the foam.This is one of the most modern technology, which allows to create a strong and warm linoleum for different needs.The basis of the material - fiberglass.On its surface, and the foamed composition is applied.On linoleum household type applied different designs and patterns.Material can simulate natural stone, wood, parquet and tiles.Top image is protected by a film of polyvinyl chloride.
- Linoleum on the basis of fibers.At its heart are Dacron fiber or polypropylene yarn.It can be used in conventional residential homes, and public places.Most often it is used for public places.
type of semi-commercial linoleum
Such material is made in view of the fact that he will have enough to withstand high loads.Therefore, it makes it more durable than consumer linoleum.Above material is coated with PVC film.The basis of this flooring can be foam or needle felt layer.
This is the type of linoleum, which is extremely durable.It is not intended for use in a normal city apartment.In principle, it is, of course, one would lay in the building.However, this does not make sense, because the load on it there will be insufficient.Buying such a linoleum will be a waste of funds for home repairs.
tips linoleum flooring
In one apartment can take several varieties of linoleum.
Linoleum Living Room
Linoleum in the living room
When buying linoleum in the living room and the children's need to think about how to make it safe and warm.Ideal - material based on polyvinyl chloride.It will serve long enough to recoup the cost.The price of such linoleum is not too high, so it can be changed regularly.At the touch of the material is very soft.Its front side has a special protective coating that prevents premature wear of the drawing.
When buying linoleum in the living room, you can restrict varieties, which have a thickness of 1.5-2 mm.If the living room is often a lot of guests, then you should buy thicker material.
linoleum hallway and kitchen
linoleum in the kitchen
When buying linoleum in the hallway and the kitchen have to buy such material grades to be thick enough.For example, in the hallway suit groundless linoleum with a thickness of 3 mm.It does not contain heaters and has insulating properties.
In the kitchen it is necessary to set the thickness of the material is the same, but with the presence of bases, because it is very important that the floor was warm and did not miss a sound.
Linoleum in child
the nursery Linoleum
to selected children's strong enough varieties of linoleum, and that there is a reasonable explanation.The fact that such facilities are classified as "medium terrain."We know that children love to move a lot.Therefore, a conventional linoleum can quickly come into disrepair.Children need to select varieties that have a thickness of 3 mm, but too thick and coarse linoleum should not be taking.
enough for grown-up children, you can choose a more subtle variety.For example, this is true with respect to adolescents of secondary school age.
Selection Rules quality linoleum in the following video material: