- features glass shelves with lighting
- types and methods of installation of lighting
- Installation of LED backlighting in 4 steps!
If you want to refresh your home design, you can use many of the modern chip design - illuminated glass shelves LED tape.For example, you can install them in the bathroom, living room, kitchen and more.LED backlight glass shelves with his own hands is done very quickly.
features glass shelves with lighting
Although more lighting serves a decorative role, in practice, it visually expands the space of the room.The color of the backlight can be completely different, ranging from white and ending with purple.There is a possibility to change the colors backlight glass shelves to your liking, use tape RGB.Thus, the lights will gradually change to your liking.Driving is very easy.It suffices for the region to establish a special transmitter or a controller which is connected to the lighting system via wires.Using a controller, y
Installation of LED ribbon
to build lighting for shelves made of glass, is often used a special anodized aluminum profile.The thickness of the profile, which is inserted in the glass, is 8 mm.Thus, the light will "leak" through a glass, reflected from the edges of the surface.At the same time the tape itself remains invisible.The advantage of this technique is that the LED strip does not emit UV, so it can be used as an alternative or supplement to the main lighting housing.Also tapes can also be used spotlighting that much easier, and for complex variants can be used modular LED backlighting.
types and methods of installation of lighting
Make your own shelves can be illuminated in different versions.This work is in most cases easy.Consider the types of LED backlight units for glass shelves:
End lights. to light was from the end of the glass shelf, the tape is set to the back of the shelf support.In another case, it can be glued to the shelf support plane.
traditional lights. In such an ordinary light is made to objects placed on a glass shelf.The tape is attached to the wall in the upper or lower position.
End lights glass shelf
backlight from the end of the shelf. In this embodiment, the backlight got to do with the uniform illumination of the outer edge of the shelf.
backlight frosted glass. If your interior is matte, the LED strips can be mounted in any of the above.For example, paste in an aluminum profile.
Installation of LED backlighting in 4 steps!
Light, organized by a special section
whole process of adhering the LED strip to the glass shelves can be carried out in four steps.The work is performed in the following sequence:
- Profile First cut aluminum profiles for lighting shelves.Pre-bought profile corresponding to the thickness of the glass.After cutting the required length with the profile, it is important to remove all the tabs to insert another highlight will be extremely difficult.
- Further, drilled holes in the profile.For its attachment can be used ordinary plastic dowels and screws.When attaching the strap, check its level.
- with open ends of the profile of LED lights is very simply inserted into a groove.If the groove is closed, the tape itself can slightly bend the entire length of house, and after fixing leveled wooden ruler.
- The final stage in profile firmly inserted into the glass.If the glass is hardly enters, then using a rubber hammer and a wooden nastavki can drive him in profile.
Installing LED strip in the profile
Variety LED backlight
The entire process consists of simple process steps.Therefore, the work will be able to handle everyone who planned to make the backlight glass shelves.Most importantly, properly connect the LED strip to the mains.Well, that's a different kind of work.If you have a personal experience of producing light for glass shelves, you can write about it in the comments to this article!
That's done installing the mechanical glass backlight:
also advise to read:
LED ceiling lights with their hands
shelf in the bathroom with their hands
shelves in the garage with his hands