- Preparation for laying foundation
- masonry fireplace
Today fireplace had ceased to be vital to the construction of the heating and in most cases only servesoriginal features.However, the fire can still be seen as an additional source of heat, but at the time he was fired.This is what determines mainly its location - cottages and country houses, which decided to install a fireplace in the great hall.
fireplace decorated with stone
device and masonry fireplace a little easier than other foci (eg stoves) and, therefore, a small fireplace is quite possible to perform independently, of course, provided that you know howadd up to a fireplace.
Preparation for laying
Selecting a location for the fireplace
Before you upload a fireplace, is to determine the order in which room you do it.Minimum room area required for normal operation fireplace (no cold drafts or excessive heat) is 20 square meters.meters.The ratio of the area of the fireplace
most popular option - a device the fireplace in the wall opening so that it came out the back wall into the next room.
Functional types of fireplaces
next stage - the selection of the drawings by the fireplace, which shows all rows of masonry (if you are a beginner, choose a simplified version that does not require complicated fitting bricks or putting them at an angle).
now should prepare the necessary materials, to add a fireplace to:
- Mounting metallic screen fire concrete and reinforcement for the foundation of a separate unit under the fireplace;
- ceramic brick of good quality (full-bodied red, with no cracks and chips) or white refractory brick (Gzhel), or fireclay refractory brick;
- cleanout door;
- valve furnace;
- stainless steel sheet on the screen.
device foundation for fireplaces and stoves
Since the fire must necessarily have its own foundation (no contact with the foundation walls of the house), it is necessary to perform in advance, not less thantwo weeks before the beginning of the masonry fireplace.This will allow the foundation (which material may be not only concrete, but also crushed stone or brick) to dial the required strength.For the rubble, brick or rubble concrete foundation or cement-lime mortar should be no lower stamp 50.
Depth of laying the foundation under the fireplace should be at least the depth of soil freezing in your area, and the geometric dimensions of the foundation in terms of - in strict conformity with the shape of a fireplacetaking into account the "allowance" of 50-100 mm from all sides.
Laying the foundation under the fireplace Getting the foundation for the fireplace:
- rips pit required size, given that it is a set of formwork (if the concrete foundation), or willconducted work on laying bricks or large stones.The depth of the pit should be approximately 10 cm greater than the depth of laying the foundation.
- thoroughly compacted bottom of the pit.
- Fall asleep to the bottom of the pit small stones (gravel, crushed stone) with a thickness of about 10 cm, and again rammed.
- The process works depends on the material from which the foundation will be carried out:
- for reinforced concrete - formwork set, then drop into the pit reinforcement cages and concrete is poured;
- to rubble concrete - on the bottom of the pit pour a solution (20-25 cm in height), recessed stones at him (with a gap of 3 cm) at intervals laid a small stone, then perform the following ranks similar to the foundation under the fireplace.
When the top of the basement (protruding above ground level) as the formwork can be used large stones, arranged around the perimeter of the foundation.
device fireplace scheme
Making sure that the solution is completely cured of the foundation, you can start laying the fireplace:
- On top of the foundation, apply a cement-sand mortar layer of about 2 cmlay on a layer of bricks.Check the horizontal surface.
initial stage of the construction of the fireplace
- Apply a second layer of the solution and place another row of bricks.
- Place the top two layers of roofing material (as a waterproofing).
- Construction formwork fireplace Prepare cement-clay-sand mortar for masonry fireplaces: one part cement (type 150) is taken 8-9 parts sand (by volume), all mixed and then carefully added to the mixture of claypulp (slurry).Consumption of sand and clay (volume) is approximately the same.For laying jumpers content of cement and sand is changed to 1: 5 or 1: 6.It is not recommended to increase the cement content in the solution, as the main binder component it still stands clay.
- in strict accordance with the chosen scheme masonry, proceed laid out the fire.For him the face of the brick choose the same color, size, with right angles and edges.Seams do strictly the same size, observing their vertical and horizontal.Accord seams shape (recessed or concave) with the help of pointing.Pay special attention to symmetrical laid out bridge over the fireplace opening (in some cases it is recommended to use the formwork).
fireplace in a country house
- Since folded fireplace for the first time is very difficult, and sometimes does not look beautiful masonry, the plaster can be ready to fire.
- chimney should be spread on glinopeschanom solution followed by plastering.At the intersections with the combustible elements overlap performed fire cutting.
The following footage you will see how the process of construction of the fireplace:
watch the following video, you will learn what are the features of air circulation in the fireplace, and how to optimize heating with a fireplace: