- What is the tandoor
- How does tandoor
- What you need to build tandoor
- Assembly technology tandoor
tandoor oven - multifunction device.And most importantly, not only professionals can build a tandoor oven.The hands of the furnace construction is also possible.
What is the tandoor
tandoor clay oven
- Tandoor is a large clay pot, inverted neck down to the bottom of which is to equip a small hole.
- Clay of the furnace from the outside lined with brick, and the space between the bricks and the edge of the container filled with clay, sand or salt.They contribute to the retention of heat in the tandoor.
- design of this furnace is that at the bottom should be hole for blowing.
tandoor oven for a small enough amount of fuel - wood or branches.In Asia, most often used for kindling tandoor saksaul.It is placed at the bottom of the furnace, ignited and allowed to burn until coals.Once burned the wood, you can start baking bread or cooking.
process of cooking in the tandoor
What you need to build tandoor
To make the tandoor oven with his own hands, will be required:
- bricks - refractory and facing;
real tandoor do little other materials, but in the present conditions listed components are best suited for self-arrangement of the furnace.
Assembly technology tandoor
initially selected view tandoor - common (ground) or ground, horizontal or vertical.The most common furnace - vertical.
technology assembly ground or earthen tandoor different.
Laying the first row of bricks
ground oven is built in such a way:
- Initially, you need to prepare a place for tandoor, preferably with a canopy.
- Then you need to build a foundation of concrete solution that could support the weight of the tandoor.To do this you must prepare hole in the ground to the size of the foundation, lay on the bottom of depressions in the ground sand and gravel bed, then pour concrete solution to the desired height.If the foundation is to act on the ground, it is necessary to construct shuttering of boards.Prepared foundation must dry for several days.
- furnace height is from 1.2 to 1.3 m. The foundation is drawn circle regular shape, whose diameter is 1 m. Of the first series of bricks laid furnace, wherein an opening for blowing.The second row of bricks already laid out entirely, with no holes between the bricks.
- On the second row of stacked grate.Until about 8 series tandoor going vertically, with mandatory shift to a half-brick buildings for more strength.Individual rows should form a dome furnace, and therefore have very carefully laid them carefully calculate the appropriate offset into the bricks to the walls were inclined to form a more or less flat surface.And if the foundation is equal to the diameter of 1 m, then the top of the dome - 50 cm.
- Tandoor clay coated with After laying bricks body tandoor must be carefully covered with clay, and then leave it to dry completely.
- A few hours later to fill in the tandoor firewood and let it burn.This will harden the clay tandoor and make ready for use.
- After cooling the furnace need to impose strict vertical outer layer of brick.Great attention should be given to filling all the possible voids between the bricks.When the solution seize, to fill the space between the outer electrode and the actual oven mixture of sand and clay.
Construction vertical tandoor photo:
Insulation of glass wool
Construction of a vaulted part of refractory bricks
Code should be narrowed
provided top cover
Another option is represented by the construction of tandoor Video:
Ground tandoor going so:
- It is necessary to prepare the pit for the oven, based on the fact that the height of the tandoor is 1.2 m plus foundation.The bottom, or foundation of the tandoor, is laid out from a brick in a single layer.By the prepared foundation supplied asbestos-cement pipe is kind of blowing.The edge of the tube must be positioned among the first row of bricks of the furnace.Top
- laying be sealed with clay.Tandoor is going a similar way, except for the outer lining of bricks.The soil will act here as cladding.
walls of the furnace have to lay refractory bricks, bricks with a shift inward to form a conical dome top tandoor.Exterior masonry must be covered with clay, and after drying space between the ground and the furnace must be carefully fill up the clay and sand.The furnace must also be tempered by fire.
Building earthen tandoor photo:
The bottom is lined with bricks
to a foundation supplied asbestos-cement pipes
laid out the first row of bricks
Laid third row of bricks
Production of the ground clay tandoor
Install vaulted part of the tandoor