- choice of design principles
- manufacturing steel chimney
- National (single-wall) chimneys
chimney, as we know, belongs to the category of building structures used forexhaust gas and the formation of the necessary traction in furnaces.Errors in the production can lead to serious disturbances in the heating device as a whole (to significantly reduce his cravings, for example).
This article will consider how to properly make a chimney for the furnace being built directly at home or in the bath.
choice of design
Before starting work on arrangement of the chimney, you should determine the material used for its manufacture.The major criteria determining the choice of such structures is their strength and dolgovechnost.Krome addition, they must ensure compliance with the following requirements:
- operate in high temperatures;
- retain their functionality at low temperatures;
- be protected against condensation and corrosive acid media;
- meet all fire safety requirements.
Nowadays drainage systems for the production of smoke is applied not only the traditional brick, but also materials such as steel and plastic, for example.This steel construction, with its universal properties and adapted for use in the most critical conditions, is now regarded as the most suitable option arrangement chimney.In recent years, all in high demand are beginning to use stainless steel flues (with the addition of molybdenum), providing excellent conditions for removing the products of combustion.
advantages of steel chimney
steel chimneys have a number of advantages, among which the most outstanding are :
- versatility and durability;
- lightweight, significantly simplifies their installation;
- possibility of installation in the already-built building;
- minimum footprint.
following chapters of this article will focus on is steel chimney.
principles of manufacturing steel chimney
consider the principles on which the choice is made of steel outlet design elements and solve the question of how to make the chimney.
- most optimal form of the chimney is traditionally considered the cylinder, provides unimpeded exit smoke outside and minimizing the deposition of soot on its walls.
- chimney dimensions are determined by its parameters such as the height of the pipe and its diameter.The diameter of the pipe is usually selected based on the power of the heating equipment used, as well as taking into account the local conditions, the gasket (in particular, the availability of ready-made holes and obstructions).
- Its height is determined in accordance with the applicable building codes for objects selected category.
- For the smooth promotion of hot air laying horizontal sections should not exceed the length of 1 meter.With their greater length to get good traction without soot formation will be very difficult.
- In that case, if the diameter of the outlet of the fireplace, furnace and boiler is markedly different from the diameter of the chimney - you have to use a special pressure reducing adapter with a sealed construction.
Part pipes located outside the building (outside) should have additional bracing, protecting from strong wind gusts.Her protection from precipitation and clogging by means of a deflector or grid.It should take into account the fact that each heating structure must have the corresponding type of protection, determined by the same construction standards.
National (single-wall) chimneys
assembly of steel chimney
precast systems are classified as the most simple solutions used in the regeneration of the smoke channels, which do not require for the realization of any significant costs.The system includes a standard set of items purchased with the help of which, like the designer going chimneys almost any complexity.All elements of this system are jointed together by any known builder socket scheme.They are very convenient because they can be mounted in already finished brick or ceramic channels.These systems are intended mainly for installation in interior spaces heated space;if they are required to accommodate the use of outdoor thermal insulation.
From the next video you will learn how to assemble the chimney: